Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Progress, inletmanifold, paint etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Progress, inletmanifold, paint etc.

Here some pictures of my project progress, wich started with just a 3B to ABY conversion went a bit different.

I`ll post all the new pictures an progress over here.

First my car before the paintshop
    Attached Files

then after some paintwork the paint looks like this.
    Attached Files

Comment

the whole driveline is also sandblasted an coated with some industrial container coating so it will never rot again

Here`s the front subframe with some new gearboxrubbers, and aluminium selfmade bushes.
      Attached Files

Comment

the last days i`ve been busy with my inlet manifold wich started like this
        Attached Files

Comment

and after some minutes it looks like this

The 5 new runners all equal lengt.
          Attached Files

Comment

and after some heating an reforming the runners are looking a bit better
            Attached Files

Comment

some aluminium welding (picture taken by Jeffer)
              Attached Files

Comment

after welding the runners to the original flange.

The steel mold you see is made out of a wagner tuning manifold so all the flanges are in a correct position.
                Attached Files

Comment

then some progress with the box on top of the runners
                  Attached Files

Comment

inside peek in the new manifold, it is not finished yet but it will be tomorrow i hope. So dont mind all the rough edges, and its not fully welded.
                    Attached Files

Comment

NICE WORK DUDE too much {schiet al op} .
                      RS for ‘Rennsport’ - ‘Motorsport’ in German

Comment

that´s some nice welding ,wasn´t you and jeffer that made the alu flywheels,you guy´s have some wery good working places ,wish mine where that good .

Best Regards
                        RIX

Comment

Look forward to seeing how it all goes!
                          acidtrax

Comment

Note that the propper internals/entry in the collection chamber is a must for filling in the air evenly into whole inletmanifold chamber.

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group...r=/IMSA_engine

Then when the filling flow is even to the collection chamber 1 you can deliver it into chamber 2 from where it goes to each runner tube. Otherwise the some cylinders may get more air than others and then lean and some richer.

One chamber design is not good. See all the IMSA pictures you can find for more hints. This is not easy. If your power level is ~360-380-400hp then stock inletmanifold is ~ok. If you are going to have a tubular exhaust manif, you can measure the exhaust temperatures in each ex runner and see if one cylinder is running lean. Alu flywheel may be too light for a street driven car. Im having only 50% reduced ABY flywheel (one piece version) from CNC shop next week..
                            Last edited by Tommy200rs; 31 December 2004, 10:51.

Comment

It is looking grate!!, good work. I wish that I had that kind of skills to make my own exhuast, IM, EM, Flywheel, bushes, crossmember etc.

I hope to see it during a next meeting.
                              Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

Working...
                              X