X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holliday06877 View Post
    So they will ask 3x that here in NA after a repaint!!! HAHAHA
    What is so funny???

Have you read what has been done beside a paint job?

If the car was 10k originaly why didnt you buy it knowing it was cheap (as the quattroworld link claims)?
    Last edited by vw-autowerk; 7 October 2013, 18:51.

Comment

Was not originally from Belgium then?
      RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
      BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
      LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Nothing was said were the car was originaly from!

I opened a thread to show the quality of work we are doing on such a beautiful and rare car not to discuss where the car is from, what price did we paid for or how much we are going to sell it for until restoration is over a FS thread will be open for that purpose and you guy will be able to bitch all you want.

Comment

And so you know this is what we started with:

Comment

I never cut you about what price you will sell it for, You did a legit paint job. I have told people a million times, just because someone bought something for X price doesn't mean it is worth X. that works both ways. sometimes someone pays a premium for something and tries to sell it for the same price, when they over paid the first time. and other times, people score a great deal ( like i think you did on this car). I found a set of RS2 headlights in a local junkyard, i paid less than 30 dollars for the set, that doesn't mean all rs2 headlights are $30. I had several offers of 600 dollars for them. You got a great score and you are allowed to ask as much as you want for the car. If it doesn't sell that means you are asking to much, if it sells, it means you had the right price.

Comment

Originally posted by vw-autowerk View Post
              Nothing was said were the car was originaly from!

I opened a thread to show the quality of work we are doing on such a beautiful and rare car not to discuss where the car is from, what price did we paid for or how much we are going to sell it for until restoration is over a FS thread will be open for that purpose and you guy will be able to bitch all you want.
              You are quite correct. Ignore the detractors

Well done on the RS2 lovely paint job.
              Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Checked out their FB page, I am in CT USA and may take a weekend trip to check this out. Because checking out an RS2 is never a bad thing, esp in NA!! I would call the bank this week if I could only register it

Comment

You are more than welcome to come by and visit us! We truly believe you will be amaze by the car and for info the previous RS2 we sold was purchased by an American so there is always a way to get things done!

Comment

You are more than welcome to come by and visit us! We truly believe you will be amaze by the car and for info the previous RS2 we sold was purchased by an American so there is always a way to get things done!
                    They just end in a crusher, if the USG reopens and finds the car.
                    1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

What is so funny???

If the car was 10k originaly why didnt you buy it knowing it was cheap (as the quattroworld link claims)?
                      Sorry about that, It will be worth 3x and I would spend that if I had it. I am jaded because I see so many sellers of "restored" Toyota Land Cruisers FJ-40s. They are usually crappy rust buckets with paint and rhino lining holding them together! People think if the rust is covered it is cherry and want insane $$$$ for them. I guess people are easily fooled. I saw the pics on FB, you have put some time into it and would love to check it out! Good luck with the rest of the resto!

Comment

What is so funny???

Sorry about that, It will be worth 3x and I would spend that if I had it. I am jaded because I see so many sellers of "restored" Toyota Land Cruisers FJ-40s. They are usually crappy rust buckets with paint and rhino lining holding them together! People think if the rust is covered it is cherry and want insane $$$$ for them. I guess people are easily fooled. I saw the pics on FB, you have put some time into it and would love to check it out! Good luck with the rest of the resto!

Comment

The car is looking good Raphael!

I've got the more desirable 4 spoke steering wheel in mine if you are interested in swapping!

Dave

Comment

Hello guys!

I figured I would post a few pictures and a short description of our latest restoration @ VW-Autowerk. This is our second RS2 overhaul. The car will be advertise for sale once resto completed

The car is from 1995 and has 35 000km all original. Unfortunatly the paint suffered from severe clear pealing and so a complete paint job was needed.

We are almost finish with the exterior but the interior remains with the doors cards and headliner.

So this is where we are at so far:

All of the exterior items such as tail-lights,fogs, badges, door trims and moldings are all new. We have to work on repainting brake calipers over the winter and car should be ready by spring

Update of the finish project soon!

Thanks for watching!
                            It's bit odd that it the car only have done 35.000 km, and was in such a bad nick. Good work though restoring it back it's former glory.
                            Kind regards
                            Phillip Kjær Ballegaard
                            Audi 2,6E Cabriolet Vulcan Schwartz 1995
                            Audi Q7 3,0 TDI Phantom Schwartz 2007

Comment

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen!

Yeah I do agree and I found that very odd to see the car in such a bad shape with only 35000km but I got paper work that trace the mileage down and previous RS2 we bought was also low mileage and quite beaten but not as bad thu.

And Dave, I will see what the final cost of the restoration runs down to before putting some extra parts on my expense but I will let you know for that steering of yours

Comment

So a little of update on the evolution of the RS2. I'am near completion with the door cards only to finish and the front bumper to mount properly

I let the pictures speak:

Comment

Working...
                                X