Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condition of the car from pictures is absolutly horrible,and i still think that its not real kilometers of the car,look at the seats,like Dambo was siting there

Comment

Originally posted by simons2 View Post
      I don't understand why you would check a car over with a fine tooth comb after you bought it
      Maybe you can check only with people who know the car, and maybe only because you need to receive the car to start to check !
      Last edited by phoenix; 8 December 2014, 22:07.

Comment

I personally drove this car over 700km after its restoration and helped Raphaël work on it, although not flawless it's been treated with care. The leaks were to be addressed in late 2014/2015 as Raphaël said, the buyer was offered to wait for the work to be done, which would have delayed delivery until spring (can't drive a car in winter without winter tires in Quebec and it had to be driven a couple hundred kilometers for shipping) and he decided not to wait and to get the problem fixed in Switzerland. The price was adjusted in consequence of this fact. The new owner knew the problem existed.

Both the interior and exterior received a lot of attention and, as I said, although it might not be flawless, considering the state of the car when it was received (and I saw it in person, not only in pictures) I consider that it's as good as it gets. The engine wasn't touched other than for fluid changes (and I can attest to the fact that the job was done), including the oil. The oil might have looked bad, but it was already halfway through its life once the car was in Switzerland (about 5k km put on it at that point).

What we are seeing here is someone who's butthurt because the new owner paid the North American price for a car that would have been cheaper had it been sold from an European country. That's absolutely true, over here there might be 10 RS2 so these cars sell for a premium, especially in this color and having been partially restored. The same car in the same shape could have sold for 2/3 the price in Europe, but that's because there's probably 2000 of them still around on your side of the pond and there's no transportation fees to account for (even if it sold at a price originally, Raphaël has to take into consideration the taxes and importation fees he paid in his selling price, so the 10k you've seen thrown around isn't right once the car is registered in Quebec).

If the new owner agreed to pay whatever he paid (which is NONE of our business) knowing full well the problems with the car (as stated in the sales contrac), who does Phoenix thinks he is to try and destroy somebody's reputation? Nobody put a gun to the owners head and forced him to buy the car, if he wanted an RS2 for 15k$ he could have found one in Europe. He wanted the RS2 with the lowest mileage on the meter he could find, this car happened to be in Quebec and came with a price adjusted to the local market.

If the owner isn't happy with something it's his right to contact Raphaël and if Raphaël doesn't address the issues then the owner should come out and complain. Phoenix has no business saying anything without the owner's consent and he's making everyone look bad in this situation and especially himself.

Oh by the way, Phoenix is known on another forum as someone who bought an RS2, started complaining about all the work that had been done on it previously, did some basic maintenance and took credit for everything that made the car great after the fact. Do you see a pattern here?
        Last edited by MatLax; 9 December 2014, 17:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcina View Post
          Condition of the car from pictures is absolutly horrible,and i still think that its not real kilometers of the car,look at the seats,like Dambo was siting there
          My RS2 have 240'000km and don't look like this one !
          I have love and respect for car, even if it is not my car !

im talking about a lie from somebody who claim, he made a restoration, work one year on a car, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
            Buyer didn't do his due diligence before the purchase and now is apparently disappointed. Too bad.
            You know what's stupid Dave? The owner hasn't seen the car since it went to the garage because he's only picking it up on Wednesday, we are just talking to a nobody who likes to complain about anything and everything (he's known for that on other forums). When the owner comes forward (if he does) then we'll have something to talk about, in the meantime there's no reason to argue with this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by MatLax View Post
              If the owner isn't happy with something it's his right to contact Raphaël and if Raphaël doesn't address the issues then the owner should come out and complain. Phoenix has no business saying anything without the owner's consent and he's making everyone look bad in this situation and especially himself.

Oh by the way, Phoenix is known on another forum as someone who bought an RS2, started complaining about all the work that had been done on it previously, did some basic maintenance and took credit for everything that made the car great after the fact. Do you see a pattern here?
              Funny post... Thank you...

Maybe you want to explain... This... -> http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49978

You know me and my basic maintenance on my car ?!

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix View Post

Maybe you want to explain... This... -> http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49978
                What is there to explain? That's Don's car, he bought it from a guy that came from France and brought the car along and that was over a year before Raphaël got his first RS2, I don't know what you're getting at...

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix View Post
                  Do you see something strange here or not ?

Are you talking about the misalignment of the numbers? If so I'm stiull not sure what that means.

The car does look like a high milage car though, especially for the doors to be so worn that they've dropped that far. The doors on my coupe are not that bad at 250,000 miles! Anyway, it would have been wise to fly to the US to see it before dropping that kind of cash but hindsight is 20:20. Looks to me like a 10k car plus the cost of a paint job. The real restoration is still to be done. You could always give it to Alex to sort..

So phoenix, why are you on here? Is this really your car?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

It's not his car, he's in contact with the mechanic who has the car in his hands at the moment, I'm curious how the owner would feel about his car being represented as a piece of **** all over the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                      Are you talking about the misalignment of the numbers? If so I'm still not sure what that means.
                      In my experience, having had my 93 UrS4 since 1998, the mechanical odometer always does that (appears to have the numbers mis-aligned) when it starts to get close to a major roll-over, in this case to 42,000.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                        In my experience, having had my 93 UrS4 since 1998, the mechanical odometer always does that (appears to have the numbers mis-aligned) when it starts to get close to a major roll-over, in this case to 42,000.

ssssh.
                        stop trying to post common sense.
                        Issam N. Abed
                        iABED Industries
                        iABED Email | Facebook
                        The build thread

Comment

I've seen the car in person and know Rafael well, he did an awesome job on the car and is a stand up guy.
                          If I had won the lottery this car would have stayed in Canada.
                          BTW it was good enough to win BEST IN SHOW at the local VW/Audi show this summer.

If you look hard enough you can find flaws with brand new cars... I rather DRVIE them.
                          www.quattro.ca
                          B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
                          B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                            The car does look like a high milage car though, especially for the doors to be so worn that they've dropped that far.
                            I suspect the picture taker did not close the door all the way.. I've seen the car in person and I would have noticed THAT...
                            www.quattro.ca
                            B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Smith View Post
                              I guess I am missing one. I know of 5: Rob's Volcano, my Volcano, and Dave T's blue, Uli's blue,and of course, Raphael's. Which one am I missing?
                              And of course, all of these cars are breathtakingly beautiful.
                              Mike Hopton's Volcano as well.
                              www.quattro.ca

Comment

if i follow what was said here, my pictures are fake ? I'm a liar ?
                                It's funny to see people react, one guy put pictures and the pictures are real, because he said "i done a great job"...
                                And another guy put pictures of the same car, and, strangely, his pictures have no matter ?!?

Sorry, but something can't be right here, because canadian people, said, RS2 is rare, famous, etc... But, apparently, they simply dont know what is an RS2 how it's work what's look...

Here, in Switzerland, we have many of them... So it's easy to compare one RS2 with another !

So, when i saw people said "i saw this car, and if i had money, it will be mine", sorry, but i don't believe that !

What can i think about a guy ou bought a car, without knowledge about the past of the car, drove it, without changing the cam belt !?

That is a proof about you dont know an RS2 and how it's important to do that FIRST ! i said FIRST, before do anything else, you change that FIRST !

After you change that correctly and with the knowledge, you MUST change every fluids...

But no... The guy drove the car without that, no problem, more than 5000km... And im pretty sure he try to see how many horse power it have !

So, where is the seriousness here ?

It's easy to paint a car, to hide things is the better way, but it's not working with people who know that kind of car !

the paint job on this car, in my country, receive, maybe a 6-6.5 on 10 ! It's a work from a 3 year apprentice (4 years to be a painter)...

I think, any people who come here, on this forum, know, they exist mechanic and good mechanic...
                                And when you know what is an RS2 and have some respect for it, you will reach a good mechanic, no ?

So here, it's just a funny guy who work in a garage, but, unfortunately for this RS2, he have not enough respect for car, he just want make people talk about him and his garage, that's all !

So yes, VW-Autowerk have friends, VW-Autowerk is a garage who know how to make people talking about it... But the result is not so shiny

If some people, who are in Switzerland, whant to see this car, they are welcome, i will give the car to the client this morning,
                                and he will bring it back, next monday, to continue the real restoration !

Sorry for my bad english, hope it was not too difficult to understand me
                                Last edited by phoenix; 10 December 2014, 07:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X