Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi S1.5 [OEM+] - (10-valve turbo B3 Coupé)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now when we got the project car back...

...It's time to get the donor!

I searched the web for a LONG time, but there wasn't much to choose from, mostly because all of the alternatives was so far away. But then one night I got a text from a number I didn't know asking if I wanted to buy an A100t.
    Long story short, I knew the guy from before when I bought another Audi from him, and he'd seen online that I was looking for an engine.

Hard to say no when it was exactly what I was looking for just around the corner.
    When I bought the car I had nowhere to park it, so it had to stand under a cover halfway into the woods until I got a garage.

Which took some time, and was also mostly a coincidence.
    It's basicly a barn that someone isolated the walls/roof in.

But a sparse wooden floor and a really thin door could be better.
    So we spent a weekend making the best of the situation.

By this time it was time to move on!

Then it got kinda slow while I moved all my tools and stuff, so I took a closer look at turbo engine.
    A compressiontest and a quick look at the ignition indicates a pretty healthy engine!

(I'm trying to compress stuff so you guys can catch up )
    By the next update we'll start taking things apart!

Comment

Let's get you guys up to speed!

Once I actually started, things seemed to just fall apart by itself. The engine was ready to lift in an evening, so we had to call it quits so we could go get a hoist

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by rxl View Post
      thats a big garage.. subscibed
      Looks bigger in pictures

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
      Loving some of these home brew 10vt projects coming through lately

Gav
      Hell yeah, 10-valve is the way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by LeafBox View Post
        Front
        20v hub-housing (same as S2 according to ETKA)
        A100t hub (5x112 ET45, same dimension as S2 according to ETKA)
        A100t brakes (276x25mm, same bracket and caliper as S2 according to ETKA)
        A6 (-94-97) [O]CV-joints (38O,30i,59,5Ø)

Rear
        A100t hub (5x112 ET45, same spindle as coupé according to ETKA)
        Standard disks (245x10mm, same dimension as A100t and same bracket/caliper according to ETKA)
        If you're going to use 20v housings with 82mm bearings then C4q rear hub with little bit of machining will be your best choice as it has the same offset and dimensions as 20v/v6 4x108 hub except from 5 bolt holes.

C3 fwd rear hub is perfect fit on fwd coupe & b4 saloon/avant.

CV joints from C4 A6 2.0 fwd.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
          If you're going to use 20v housings with 82mm bearings then C4q rear hub with little bit of machining will be your best choice as it has the same offset and dimensions as 20v/v6 4x108 hub except from 5 bolt holes.

C3 fwd rear hub is perfect fit on fwd coupe & b4 saloon/avant.

CV joints from C4 A6 2.0 fwd.
          Well, there's no point in trying to match the old offset in the front when it's going to change in the back either way (turbo rear hubs = ET45)
          So I'll just go with turbo hubs in the front too, no machining required, then compensate for the new offset with the wheels.

And the dimensions dosen't matter either since I'm going to move the turbo brakes aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
            As for me it is doubtful yet. I have information that C4q hub is about 4mm lower than V6 4x108 82mm one. It is also to be noticed that we talk about 20V Coupe hub, not 20V 90 saloon hub.

The highest hub i know is UFO hub and it is about 1mm lower than needed:

Comment

HI, nice Project.
              I did the same last winter. Because of the chaos in the MC2 Enginebay etc. I choosed the 3B Motronik.

Greetings from Germany
              Attached Files
              Audi Coupe Typ89 10V Turbo - VEMS - Billet K26 - Deka 630 - E85 - 3" Exhaust

Comment

I'll let the material speak for itself today

Originally posted by Tille View Post
                HI, nice Project.
                I did the same last winter. Because of the chaos in the MC2 Enginebay etc. I choosed the 3B Motronik.

Greetings from Germany
                Yeah, I wish I could just throw the K-jet away, but it have to stay because of stupid swedish emission-laws

So, not much I can do about that if I want to drive the thing on the road...

Comment

Let's keep the preassure up!

So now when the engine is out of the Coupé it's time to tear down the next one! But first we need some place to put the old engine...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of interesting finds...

Someone used detergent instead of washer fluid...?

Someone knows what this is? Looks like some kind of wierd engine heater, it's connected to the cooling system and has a own computer???

Some sweet seats, good condition if you disregard that the window have been down for the last ~3 years
                  Last edited by LeafBox; 21 October 2014, 18:05.

Comment

Burning the midnight oil

Comment

Still making good progress, but by this time next week you should have caught up with me

Comment

i like your project.. i also drive a a100tq sedan by myself.. i have a software on it, that will do about 240-250hp on that engine.. keep on that nice work
                        1990 Audi 100 2.2 Turbo Quattro with VEMS, K24 2480, ported and milled 10v head

Comment

Originally posted by morgenlatte View Post
                          i like your project.. i also drive a a100tq sedan by myself.. i have a software on it, that will do about 240-250hp on that engine.. keep on that nice work
                          Yeah, I'm planning on getting a chip and wastegate-spring to up the power just enough

Comment

Now we're almost on the same page

When both engines are finally out, it was time to get to work on the electrics...

In the Coupé I had to remove the carpet and, well, everything.

On the turbo I just found the biggest knife I could find and made myself a little... access hole...

Turbo - Coupé

During the week I took the time to clean up the engine a bit.

Since we're almost on the same page, it soon time to show off some surprise problems. Nothing too bad, but still something that should be dealt with before snow falls, or else it will a standstill until spring...

oh well,

Comment

impatient ...

Comment

Oh mate.... I love this 10VT project....always have a strange love over the MC1 and MC2 engines... a lot of potential and sweetness from them. On my exB3 typ89 I made a AAN swap but I firstly wanted to make a 10VT project...just couldn't find any MCx engine. I would suggest you to buy the irozmotorsports k26 with billet wheel, it is not that expensive (take advance to ask Santa Claus for it hehe)...you could have a pretty and happy engine on your coupe! Congratulations and keep it posted!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X