Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi S1.5 [OEM+] - (10-valve turbo B3 Coupé)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you would need a 7A flywheel or the NG flywheel and machine the crankshaftpin for the ECU.. i think that would be it.. clutch fits on both..
    1990 Audi 100 2.2 Turbo Quattro with VEMS, K24 2480, ported and milled 10v head

Comment

I *think* it most probably will bolt on easily enough, how the ratios compare and how it will drive I'm not so sure.

Forum member Caterpillar from Norway will should be able to give you a comprehensive answer as he has a lot of knowledge on the subject. Try sending him a private message and direct him to this project thread.

Comment

You need clutch/fylwheel from 7a or 3b. That's all.
        In my opinion NG Gearbox is too short. I use the 7a Gearbox from Audi 90. Because of the smaller tires from A90 to Audi Coupe its perfect.
        Audi Coupe Typ89 10V Turbo - VEMS - Billet K26 - Deka 630 - E85 - 3" Exhaust

Comment

As always, S2 forums is ON THE BALL with the answers

Comment

Originally posted by Tille View Post
            In my opinion NG Gearbox is too short. I use the 7a Gearbox from Audi 90. Because of the smaller tires from A90 to Audi Coupe its perfect.
            "Too short" as in it has too short gear ratios?

Comment

Yes. MC is a little bit low on HP but has a lot of NM torque. So a longer gear ratio would be nice.
              Audi Coupe Typ89 10V Turbo - VEMS - Billet K26 - Deka 630 - E85 - 3" Exhaust

Comment

Noted.

Comment

Originally posted by LeafBox View Post
                  Almost

So, I got the starter to work, but the fuelpump is still eluding me...
                  I'm either to stupid or something is not right here.

Take connector "T2" for exampel, in the description it says that It's placed under the rear seat. And I don't have a single connector under there.
                  It's a similar story with the T8 and T5, I can't find a connector where the number of pins and the color is correct?

Could someone try to describe where I'm suppose to find these?

T2: just my assumption: there is an error in the diagram and the connector is under the dash panel. It is probably brown or green and looks like this:

Just check out fat green/yell wire - it is pump feeding.

I could find out for sure when I'm in my garage, but you will likely find that quicker.

T5:

T8: it's probably some sort of coding plug under dash panel from the right: near Jetronic ECU and VEZ ignition ECU. What for do you need it? I could not find anything It affects.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'll get back to this later, because I'm in kinda a hurry, but I found the signal wire from the ECU, and it doesn't line up with any wiring diagram I've seen so far.

Not a single connector or wire color seem to be correct except the pump main feed, which in fact is Green/Yellow.
                    But as stated, I'll share my knowledge when I get back home

Comment

• Fuel!

So, what I ended up doing to straighten things out was to just measure my way through it with my multimeter.

I used a backup relay-box I had laying around and just checked where each pin on the fuelrelay came out on the other side until I found something odd. And at the last pin! I found a wire that didn't give power, and didn't ground, so I followed it and sure enough, it lead straight to the old ECU.

The ECU signal wire is GREEN with a VIOLET STRIPE and sits here;

Comment

• So simple!

You can start your car via a KEY!? Amazeballs...

Comment

• congrats!!!
                          1990 Audi 100 2.2 Turbo Quattro with VEMS, K24 2480, ported and milled 10v head

Comment

• Thanks man!

Feels like I can finally start focusing on making it, you know, move
                            Last edited by LeafBox; 16 May 2015, 21:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tille View Post
                              I just heard back from the people on charge of car registration, And they said I don't have to use the MC2 box, but I can't use the NG-box either.

So a couple of questions to you that seems to have some experience.
                              I basicly have 2 major problems with the MC-box...

1. It's off center even more in comparison to the NG-box. Which results in one driveshaft being too long, and the other side too short. Can I use the 7A-box with the stock NG driveshafts?

2. The gear linkage is working in the opposite direction. On the NG, there's just a shaft that goes in on the right side of the box, but on the MC there's a ball joint on top. Does the 7A hook up to the stock shifter linkage?

I'm gonna assume that number 2 isn't a problem, because the 7A was avalible in the Coupé. But I guess number 1 could differ, and if they do, I guess I just have to find some 7A driveshafts to go with?

Comment

• 7A and NG use the same gearbox, 01A so you should be able to use the same shafts and gear linkage with no issues.
                                1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Working...
                                X