Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi S1.5 [OEM+] - (10-valve turbo B3 Coupé)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further congratulations on your progress. Seeing how much work this conversion actually takes, especially the wiring, makes me glad I spent the money on my S2 instead.

I'm about 90% sure the NG drive shafts will hook up to a 7A box, you may need 7A inner CV joints but they should at least be the right length.

The linkage on a B3 7A box is the same as on the NG so no problems there.

Edit, Kieron beat me to it, you have your answer.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Can I use the 7A-box with the stock NG driveshafts?
      Does the 7A hook up to the stock shifter linkage?

Both is plug&play.
      Audi Coupe Typ89 10V Turbo - VEMS - Billet K26 - Deka 630 - E85 - 3" Exhaust

Comment

• Is the 7A box really the same one as in the NG? Beside from gear ratios i presume?
        Like, if you put them next to each other, could you tell the difference?

In that case I can probably just fake my way through
        Last edited by LeafBox; 19 May 2015, 16:21.

Comment

• Recap!

I thought we'd recap our progress and talk about where we're doing next.

So, the car starts, and starts by a key non the less. That is fantastic and even tough we have some stuff to finish up, cleaning up the wiring for exampel, and make sure the engine runs properly. (I loose idle when it gets hot, it could be because it sucks in air by the turbo and manifold, so when the lambda closes the loop it get's wonky? Or it's just a vacumleak...)

But I'd say we're done with "starting up", and focuses on getting it going!
          And as you know, the gearbox is giving me a massive headache. I've decided that I am going to get rid of the MC-box and use a better fit. It just saves so much trouble, but instead I have to find a replacement.

Now, there are some caveats to this. The building rules dictates that I can indeed change it, but I CAN NOT use a stock gearbox. So we have to change something, but as little as possible. A perfect scenario would be the exact same box with another ratio.
          (I have asked how they expect me to prove this change, but has of yet not gotten a email back.)

Anyway, if we pretend to do this by the books for now. A great replacement would be the 7A-box, as some of you have pointed out already. The problem is though that Sweden doesn't have many of them. If there's even 500 20v in Sweden I'd be impressed. And don't forget, I need a FWD-box, so that cuts it down even more.

I haven't had the time to look into this problem anymore, but besides the stock or the 7A, we don't have many alternatives? 90/Coupé only had those 5-cyls, and I'm going to assume that neither the 4-cyl or the V6's are an option?

So for now, I'm basicly just tinkering with stuff until I figure this mess out, but the good thing is that when I do have a new box, there's nothing more than a weekend in the garage and we're rolling!

So, anyone of you guys wanna mail me a 7A-box?

Comment

• the gearbox from a v6 or 4cyl should also fit, but i don't know which flywheel would fit.. but mechanically it should fit..
            1990 Audi 100 2.2 Turbo Quattro with VEMS, K24 2480, ported and milled 10v head

Comment

• The top one is the gearbox serial, no?
              Because I don't find any other codes or plaques

[IMG]REMOVED[/IMG]
              Last edited by LeafBox; 17 June 2015, 17:01.

Comment

• And under the box? Where it mates with the engine

Comment

• Originally posted by rxl View Post
                  And under the box? Where it mates with the engine
                  Nothing, I've spent a good 45min just scraping gunk and looking for numbers, and this is all I got...
                  Neither of the codes are right according to ETKA, but at the same time, the top one is not even in the program when I search for it...

Comment

• What number do you have?

Comment

What number do you have?
                      Starting from the top

012 301 211 D

012 409 130 A

012 355 D

012 301 103 F

Also, they all have "WW0/O" in front of them, but that doesn't seem to be a part of the code
                      Last edited by LeafBox; 24 May 2015, 19:53.

Comment

• 012 301 103 F is transmision case for 5 gear gearbox.
                        its AMK gearbox i think

Comment

012 301 103 F is transmision case for 5 gear gearbox.
                          its AMK gearbox i think
                          The box for Coupé's between 88-90 seem to be AMK if you dig a little deeper into ETKA.
                          I wish someone else could weigh in thou

Comment

• Hehe and what are the plans for the future?

Comment

Hehe and what are the plans for the future?
                              That depends how far in the future we're talking about.
                              But in the foreseeable future we're focusing 100% on finding and acquiring a fitting new gearbox.

Then I guess we start swapping the 5-lug conversion and get it registered so we can do a shakedown before winter comes around again

Comment

• Just smash some gearboxes and see how mutch torque they will take... Winters come and winters go.. Believe me it's not a question of time... I done 3km on my rs2 since I bought it..

Comment

Working...
                                X