Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi S1.5 [OEM+] - (10-valve turbo B3 Coupé)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read every thread on this project.. It's not big budget project but it's honest one and I love it.. It will be a great coupe

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rxl View Post
      I read every thread on this project.. It's not big budget project but it's honest one and I love it.. It will be a great coupe

Yeah I'm not really rolling in cash, but even if I did, I actually don't know if I'd do anything different...
      Maybe futureproof it more?

Anyway, I'm glad you like it!

Comment

• Quick question

Should I bother with getting this injector-bracket? My NG-had one, but the're mounted on the inside of the intake so it wont fit, and also I've seem to have lost it
        But on the MC it looks like the plastic shroud for the injector cooling acted as a (very poor) bracket...

Comment

• Originally posted by LeafBox View Post
          Quick question

Should I bother with getting this injector-bracket? My NG-had one, but the're mounted on the inside of the intake so it wont fit, and also I've seem to have lost it
          But on the MC it looks like the plastic shroud for the injector cooling acted as a (very poor) bracket...

Yes you should have one, stops the injectors popping out, should be metal. I will have a look see if I have a spare. If I do you can have it, you pay postage only.

Comment

• I have one, if you are interested I can get a postage quote?

Comment

• Originally posted by SA BOY View Post
              I have one, if you are interested I can get a postage quote?
              Wow, that's very cool of you!
              I might have found a local one though, I'll let you know when I've heard back!

Comment

• Almost...

...But not quiet.
                I didn't get everything I wanted done, but I'm pretty happy anyway because now all the annoying stuff is out of the way.
                Just a bunch of tinkering left, on the engine that is...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets get to it!

New belt, 'tensioner', and o-rings for the pump. Everything ofc cleaned up and painted.

Also got all my new studs back in. The thread inserts where a life saver!

Then I spent like 7h with a wirebrush just cleaning/prepping for paint.

Pocket screwdriver and a vacuum to clean around the sparkplug holes

Ready for paint!

Was gonna paint it yesterday but ran out of time. Will probably happen during start of the week.
                Looking forward to it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other news;

Nice and clean intake.

And I also got my exhaust back from the welder and I can't see right through it anymore. Which is nice...

Still missing the correct injector-bracket for my engine, but I found another solution that's on it's way home.

Until next weekend the engine should be complete again, which is awesome. And I'll probably start tinkering with driveshafts and stuff.
                But next weekend work will probably begin on the engine bay. Should be interesting!

Anyways, bye for now!

Comment

• Put some oil cleaner before you paint it

Comment

Put some oil cleaner before you paint it

Oh yeah, definitely

Comment

• Black or what will it be?

Comment

Black or what will it be?

Yeah, just black

Comment

• Love this project... Just keep on posting.. Maby videos

Comment

Love this project... Just keep on posting.. Maby videos

Ha, I made a bunch of test-videos with my new actioncam during the past weeks. And I'm actually planning a small video for next week.

Maybe even 2...

Comment

• Looking good!

Comment

• POOWEEER!

Welcome back! It's been quiet the week!
                                The engine is basicly ready to be lifted back in!

Here's how we started the week...

Splashed some paint on the manifold.

FINALLY back on the engine!

Downpipe got some heatwrap.

Mounted the intake again.

Servo&Generator, ofc with new belts.

Then we broke out the pressure washer and gave the gearbox a good spray.
                                It also got some new oil, thought that might be a nice gesture after ~30 years...

The whole kit back on, even including starter and a new oilfilter

Also swapped plugs, the ones in the car was not right for this engine.

I was also going to make a new bracket for the oil-cooler, but that didn't work out...

I did get a hold of a bracket for the injectors, already painted and ready.
                                I also got wind of another oil-cooler. Not stock, but that don't bother me since I had to do some trickery with the lines anyway.

Also disassembled the driveshafts and got some paint on them too, and tomorrow I might even start working on the engine bay.
                                Next week will be about fixing the oil-cooler situation and then a whole bunch of prepwork in the enginebay.

My personal deadline set for the last of May seems a bit of, I might move it up a week or two for when the local racetrack opens up for the season.
                                Anyway, see ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X