Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi S1.5 [OEM+] - (10-valve turbo B3 Coupé)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
    Really sorry to see this, it was only the other day I was wondering if you had any updates to share with us.
    It's good to hear that you still have plans to continue your project. All the best.
    Can't really quit now
    Thanks man

Originally posted by SA BOY View Post
    *******s! I know the feeling, you lucky to get it back, I didn't! Good luck with the next stage and fit good anti theft devices.
    Yeah, I've had a GPS-tracker planned since forever.
    Didn't think I'd need it so soon though...

Originally posted by igor136 View Post
    What to say,go on
    Sums it up pretty well

Comment

• Ready, Set, Go!

I did manage to get my workshop cleaned up and organized this week.
      And with that out of the way I finally pushed both my wifes car and my wounded warrior in to dry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I got home I made a bit of a shopping list, and tomorrow I'll place a bunch of orders for bushings and stuff.
      Don't know if I'll get the time to do anything noteworthy during the coming week though. I'm expecting a bit of work and I should also receive my new company car which is gonna need some lights and stuff

Comment

• Creeping up

My own little start-date was the first weekend in November, and so far so good.
        Everything have been ready to go for a while, so I've not felt any preassure to get things done yet.
        But last weekend I just felt like tinkering, so I went ahead and got things going.

I did receive most of, if not all my bushings during the week. So I got bushings home for the whole front/rear axle. I also have a chipped ECU and WG-spring on my way home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much done, but a start is a start.

Everything is loose and ready to move except for the dashboard itself.
        And I got to say, the whole thing looks a lot happier after just a quick cleaning!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next weekend the dashboard is coming out, I'm also gonna take a closer look at the steeringwheel lock.
        It LOOKS like it's just 2 bolts and some force, which would be awesome. I don't feel like swapping the whole column.

Comment

• The turnaround

Now the mess they made gone, and it already feels a bit better.

I had a timlapse video planned for this week, but because of a troublesome harddrive i pretty much lost all the footage. :/
          Better luck next time I guess, but I'll share the little I got to keep.

What actually got done this week was removal of the dash and steering column.
          And thank the gods for Audi's clever design here. If I had to remove it from the rack I'd be... annoyed.

During next week I'll start picking parts from the donor and start looking for a new dash. I actually got one for for from a buddy, but it's in rough condition.
          If I get a hold of something I guess I'll start putting things back, but if not I'll probably start working on the GPS and stuff.

'til next time!

Comment

• Oops!

Sorry for the gap boys, I kinda forgot to update
            Anyway, I've done a bit and thought I'd just drop a bunch of pics below and then add a few lines about it at the end.

So yeah, I've removed the beaten up dash and steering column and swapped that out.
            Got some more boost going with a stiffer spring and chipp.
            And since I now have a reason to watch the boost I retrofitted an aftermarket gauge instead of volt.
            Cleaned up the 'new' dash (what to do about the little hole? LED for something?)
            Picked up 'new' cluster.

I've also taken precautions against further thefts. I've installed dual (hidden) killswitches, one for ignition and one for fuel.
            And even if they somehow get the car going, I can track it live and shut it down with a text from my phone...
            I obviously can't show you any of this, but it's pretty neat stuff.

As usual, thoughts and questions are always welcome
            Last edited by LeafBox; 21 November 2016, 19:11.

Comment

• I have to steal this car.
              1-2-4-5-3

Comment

• Me to

Gesendet von meinem EVA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Comment

• Cool,where are you placing the voltage gauge? Mine indicated me about a lost belt one time

Comment

• You don't look at that even if there is a boost gauge...

Comment

• Yeah the volatge gauge isn't that important, if theres a problem with charging the dash should let you know via the alternator warning light.

Good progress, this is a great car!
                      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Looking good, great update

Comment

• I love your thread. And the videos you make.

Comment

• Originally posted by igor136 View Post
                            I have to steal this car.
                            Originally posted by rxl View Post
                            Me to
                            How about no?

Originally posted by BLAMM0 View Post
                            Cool,where are you placing the voltage gauge? Mine indicated me about a lost belt one time
                            You don't look at that even if there is a boost gauge...
                            Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                            Yeah the volatge gauge isn't that important, if theres a problem with charging the dash should let you know via the alternator warning light.

Good progress, this is a great car!
                            Yeah I just removed the volt all together. As pointed out, the alternator either works or it doesn't.
                            And I'll probably notice the dummy-light before the gauge anyway.

While I'll probably not LOOK at the boost gauge every time I accelerate, I can, if needed, use it for diagnosis.

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                            Looking good, great update
                            I love your thread. And the videos you make.
                            Thanks a bunch for all the nice comments, it's ofc fun to see all your work appreciated by others than yourself

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your troubles, but glad to see it's not put you off.
                              One of my favourite forum cars.
                              Regarding the hole in the dash, why not just put another LED in?
                              Keep up the good work.

Comment

• By the way what are you using to take the photos?

Comment

Working...
                                X