Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi S1.5 [OEM+] - (10-valve turbo B3 Coupé)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
    Just read the whole thread,thanks for taking the time to show us the videos,and the hundreds of photos.
    Respect to you for the swap and your determination on seeing this great project through!
    Thanks man!

Not gonna lie, for a while there I was ready to throw in the towel and cut my losses.
    So much money spent on this oddball project. Then it immediately gets stolen? I mean come on...

Glad I stuck it out though, now I really do have something unique that I built myself.
    Also it's very therapeutic to have something to tinker with so I'd most likely blown the cash on some other weird project anyways

And now it's pretty much finished, just a nice coat of paint left.
    Which as mentioned was planned this spring, but I had to spend the savings on other stuff instead so.

Comment

• Loving the filter bracket [emoji106]

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

• loving the commitment you've put in, superb thread & ingenuity ,
        some great ideas & "re-makes" probably better than original
        thanks for sharing & spending time writing the thread.
        sigpic
        Cab 2.3E
        90q
        URS6

Comment

• Originally posted by slacky View Post
          loving the commitment you've put in, superb thread & ingenuity ,
          some great ideas & "re-makes" probably better than original
          thanks for sharing & spending time writing the thread.
          It's not that hard remaking an old Audi better than OEM
          I love 'em, but no one can deny that Audi does things very... Awkwardly, to say the least.

Thanks for the kind words, super appreciate it!

Comment

• Epic!

Without a doubt one of the best threads I have ever read. Your dedication and attention to detail is just a breath of fresh air, keep up the great work!

Comment

• Originally posted by G-ReddySC View Post
              Without a doubt one of the best threads I have ever read. Your dedication and attention to detail is just a breath of fresh air, keep up the great work!
              Oh geez

Comment

• Call me Flip-Flop

How's it hanging guys?
                Now I'm back at it again since my workshop have cleared up.

Thanks to the chaotic start I've had in 2017, I've decided to adopt a more 'Carpe Diem' way of life.
                Which for the project means that I WILL be painting the car before the season starts after all.
                It doesn't matter if all I eat is bread and water for the rest of the year...

I've already talked to the paint-shop and booked myself a spot, so the pressure is on!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start by dragging her out and giving her a quick rinse

-----

Then I swapped the front shocks, so now I can honestly say that the chassie is 100% new/restored!

-----

And finally I got to redo the crooked exhaust that was rubbing all over the place...
                The flex-pipe replaces the cat, but I'll make a cat with flange and vband that I can throw back on during MOT.

And I know everyone want's to hear it too
                A bit louder than I expected without the cat. But I'll ride this season out and just add a small muffler if it gets uncomfortable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend I was more or less forced to do these jobs since I need to quickly get the wheels aligned. And the tire-shops around here are soon gonna be SLAMMED with tire swaps (Soon to be summer tire season in Sweden)
                Next weekend there will probably just be finishing up a bunch of small stuff, but after that it's all about getting it ready for paint!

Comment

• Thumbs up for the sound check!!!

Comment

• 99%

Let's get right in to it.
                    Start of the week the car was to the tire shop for alignment. So now everything kinda points as it should

After that, not much was done. But there not much left to do either.
                    Only thing I could do was to fix the mounts for the rear bumper.

Had to start with fixing the mount itself, because once again, Audi chose the dumbest design they could come up with...

Then I got a tip about this thing, basically a rivet gun for threaded nuts.

-----

Next week I'll start by working a bit on the doors, just to make it easier for the paint-guy.

And ofc, the lower strips are done for. I ordered new ones from eBay(germany) some time ago.
                    Anyone knows where they'r usually made? Because these are riddled with VAG-stamps and art.nmbrs

As mentioned, next week I'll start with the doors, then move on to disassembly.
                    And on the weekend there's some work to be done on on the bumpers before they go off to paint.

Comment

• 99.5%

OOOHHH.
                      IT'S CLOSE NOW!

Not much to say really. I've just slightly taken it apart to help out the painter.
                      It's going to the paintshop next Monday, and while it's away I'll fix the 2 rims that is not already done.

So next time you see the car it will probably be looking MINT

Comment

• 100%

It's finally over! I've achieved all the goals I set up for the project, and I can officially call it FINISHED
                        (well, as finished as a project car ever gets...)

I had to take some pictures for insurance purposes, so I'll share those for now.
                        Hastily taken and a dirty car, but better than nothing I guess.

I took her for a maiden voyage to a car meet a couple of hours away and the car ran without fault all day!
                        And she GOES. Much peppier than expected! Butt-dyno says 230-240hp, and I'm still missing ~1/3 of the boost.

2 growing pains has showed up. As mentioned, the boost. I'm getting 0.7 bar instead of 1. 99% sure it's because the WG-spring is made for a otherwise stock engine.
                        But my engine has bigger pipes and intercooler, so larger area = lower preassure.
                        So I'll probably adjust it a bit more, either via a supposedly hidden screw in the WG-lid(?) or by shimming the spring.

Second problem is the 034 top mounts. And I bet you guys can guess where this is going. They're looser than 70 year old streetwalker...
                        And honestly, I've had issues with every 034-part so far...

I got new ones on the way, Mayle HD's. They seem to be the top mount of choice according to this forum.

We'll see if I take care of this next weekend, but after that I can't give you much more then a couple of sweet pics from time to time

Comment

• precioso
                          Step 1: setup. <==
                          Step 2: potentiation.
                          Step 3: enjoy.

Comment

• Lovely car you got there.

Comment

• Originally posted by zafra View Post
                              precioso
                              Gracias!

Originally posted by Typ89 View Post