Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi S1.5 [OEM+] - (10-valve turbo B3 Coupé)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The interior trim bits are saying they wan't a makeover too (wood)

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAMM0 View Post
      The interior trim bits are saying they wan't a makeover too (wood)
      Never!

I actually love the wood, I think all the other trim-options look so boring.
      Well the carbon fiber is kinda cool because hey, carbon fiber. But I don't think they're aesthetically pleasing...

Comment

• Vinterdvala

Sup guys, been quiet a while...
        Just like most things, life gets in the way.

Me and the missus bought a new apartment that needed work, then work took over and lastly we had a family sickness to make time for.
        But it looks like we're kinda back on track now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

last time we where just messing around untill I could get the tools/time to weld the inner fender. And I'm happy to say that's finally over.
        I don't have any pics of that today (maybe tomorrow), but it wasn't that interesting anyway

We did fix a few other things though, and I can show you what's going on with that.
        Firstly we modified the intercooler piping since I wasn't 100% happy with it. And we needed to make way for the new BOV anyway so.

OLD

NEW

Bad pics, but the intercooler itself is straighter than before, also the bung for tempsensor has benn moved to the side of the pipe and turned the "correct" way.
        The pipes are also a tad further out than before, so I had to take a chunk out of the front, but I'm not done yet, so pics of that will also come tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And since we now need somewhere for the BOV to circle back to, we went ahead and made a proper custom intakepipe as well.
        I was gonna make one anyway since the hose-thing we had was only a quick solution so I could do test-start.
        So now we have 2.5" piping all the way from the "igloo" to the intake

AND NOW, THE BONUS ROUND!

FOR 1 INTERNETPOINT AND SOME EXTRA PROJECT-PICS!

WHAT, is this thing?

Swim easy fishes... ><(((('>

Comment

• I see some metal, and blood, you're not badly hurt, right?
          (No idea about the "thingie")

Comment

• Mystery-piece

Is a custom air intake

Comment

• Very good for rainy weather and crossing deep puddles.

Comment

• Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
                Very good for rainy weather and crossing deep puddles.
                That would be one hell of a puddle...

Comment

• Ready!

Now the car is finally ready for "building-inspection" and I actually called the inspector last Friday.
                  No date set yet since he was going to do a couple of cars in the area soon, but it shouldn't be to far off

Anyway, this is the new inner fender. Moved out about 20-25mm and built this "bowl" for the preassure-dampener.

And here's a pic of the intercooler pipe with the new front-plate-thingey.

I put the car together (again) today, was gonna start her up but the battery was flat so I put the charger on it.
                  Thought I'd go back tomorrow, fire her up, switch rims and take some cool pics.

Then I'd better get home and bake something nice to butter up the inspector with

Comment

• Now the inspection-guy just needs to show up...

Comment

• Good work! there's a lot going on there with the 10v kjet etc etc. Good luck with the inspection.

Comment

• Originally posted by SA BOY View Post
                        Good work! there's a lot going on there with the 10v kjet etc etc. Good luck with the inspection.
                        Tell me about it... Wish I could throw it all away, but no I have to keep it.
                        For now

Comment

• Picture Dump

Nothing new I'm afraid, still waiting for the inspector. Mailed him earlier to check up, so hopefully we can soon continue.
                          But I had to move her a bit today, so I took some pics.

Comment

• Status

It's been a while since anything happened here, but I thought I'd give you guys an update.
                            The inspection-guy still hasn't been here, which kinda locks me down. But 2 emails and a phonecall later I learned that he's supposed to show up right after easter.

Realistically that's probably the first week in April. Kinda bummer that it has taken so long, if I'd know that before I'd planned things differently...
                            Since I'm planning on being road-legal by the end of May, and there's a $h!t-ton work and legal-hoops to jump through.

Now that I knew I had a bit of time left until he showed up I took care of some very minor things.
                            First up was the exhaust, it needed a cat since the stock one was emptied, so i just slapped something together since I'm gonna remove it after the inspection again.
                            Not much to show right now, but I did snap one pic.

Then I made a crank-pulley-special-tool-thing to be able to torque some serious newtons after I've replaced the front oil-seal.
                            It's leaking more than I'm comfortable with, and soon will probably be my best oppertunity.

Plugged lambda hole since the MC has it in the downpipe.

Gotta excuse my welding here, I used an old stick welder which I'm not the best at

Old NG crank-pulley for testing.

Since I now have basically wasted quiet a bit of time waiting around I decided to try to make up future time.
                            I've decided that I'm gonna complete (almost) everything from the windscreen and forwards (apart from the subframe), so I don't have to (hopefully) remove the engine any more.

So I've started stockpiling parts ahead of time to cut down on delivery times. So I've got a ton of stuff on its way home.
                            Mostly gaskets and stuff, but also some pretty sweet 034 motor-mounts, strut-bearings and small goodies.

Which should provide for the pretty high tempo needed to reach our goals within the timeline.

Comment

• Easter

How many did some easter crafting?

Done with the pulley-tool.

Also tore down the rear brakes, since they are probably gonna be more useful when they move...

Yuck...

Totally done for, I only installed them last time to get the wheels on for the move.

That one odd disc with a spacer, wish I knew the story here...

Didn't get new stuff installed because there was some confusion at the parts-store.

I guess I'll have some more brake-pics during the week, then we'll have to wait and see what the inspector says before moving on and tearing it down again

Comment

• Nice work! Been following this on Garaget but as usual i never write anything.. this being on of those few exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X