Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi S1.5 [OEM+] - (10-valve turbo B3 Coupé)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John. View Post
    Like the caliper re-furb
    Personally I'd be wary of painting the hub to wheel mounting surface......definitely keep a check on wheel bolt torque.
    A great project indeed.
    Yeah I was a bit on the fence about painting the mounting surface, but hey, paint is easy to get off so. And it's a pretty thin layer so they should scrape down within the first couple of wheel changes.

Comment

• The 5-lug slug

Hey guys, sup? Having a good weekend?

Further progress has been made, as usual with minor struggles along the way.
      The week started with a new pair of bearings. It sucked pretty hard, but nothing to do about it other than to bite the bullet. Returned to my friend who pressed them together with the new S2 hubs.

With the new S2-discs!

And with the turbo caliperbracket. It's a perfect fit! No modding required!

If you don't have a pair of vice grips

And everything put together! Looking goood!

And back on the ground again!

So far so good right? Well, time to clench your buttholes...
      I fired up the car to take a testdrive, put it in reverse and tried to leave, but the car felt "stuck". I thought that it was the rear brakes who got kinda stuck, since it was just the old disgusting brakes where not much moves as it's supposed to.
      So what do I do? "I'll just give it some gas and when they let go it will be rainbows and butterflies!"

Que the most terrifying screech ever!
      Since that's not happening I lift up the rear of the car to check, aaand the wheels spin freely.
      Fuuuuuu, that means it's in the front... Jack the car up and the wheel WOULD NOT move. FUUUUUUU.

Get rid of the wheel and expect to see my new calipers all stuck and f!cking useless, but no! Caliper is working fine?
      ****, the god damn hubs again. WHAT NOW!? I remove the brakes and the driveshaft and notices som markings on the side of the CV-joint and the ABS-ring is just completely musched.

Well, you know the little ring that sits inside the rear of the housing to keep the dirt out I guess. For some reason they don't want to play nice.
      The ABS-ring had started to spin them in place, hence the sound. Threw them out and everything worked fine.
      The reason I pooped my pants...

Back down again, I'll try to take some real pics soon!

At this point I'd spent so much time faffing about, so I had no time for a testdrive, but I thought I'd start the engine and let it warm up, since it's been a while and I'd already connected a battery.
      Meanwhile I clean up a bit and go out to move some stuff to my car, come back in, and it turns out I'd left the radiator cap off...

Soo, poop in my pants and a big mess on my floor...
      But atleast now the puzzle is "complete", so no more trying to figure out which different parts from different models work together.
      And hey! I might switch garage soon, so I can get stuff done during the winter without freezing to death. That's really gonna speed things up!

Until next time, have a good one!
      And another thing. These things take so long to type out, so I might do the next update as kind of a Vlog? Yay or Nei?

Comment

• Dont forget to measure the tyre pressure Vlog no idea, I prefer reading

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAMM0 View Post
          Dont forget to measure the tyre pressure Vlog no idea, I prefer reading
          Ha, I had a piece off tape/paint lodged on the inside of the rim

Comment

• Vlog?

'you know'
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I'm not 100% sure about this format. But I'm probably going to do atleast one more video that will better reflect how future updates will look.
            But as I said, let me know what you think.

Comment

• I'm back b*tches!

New garage, took way to long because of poor management, but hey...

AND!

Comment

• Power On

Time to get things ready for building inspection.
                And they really like it when the battery doesn't slide about while driving... Silly if you ask me

Removed the cover for the fueltank, perfect mounting surface

Not having high hopes on these, I'll probably do aluminium replicas later on

Voilá

Back in the car, but without the rug in between

Also gonna hook up a CTEK-connector

So, that's that. Wanted to mount the rug, but needed to take care of something else first...
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The owner between me from 2010 and me from 2014 apparantly got a leak that he never took care of.
                So the spare wheel "tray" was kinda roughed up..

After som TLC it certanly looked better, but the contrast from new and 25 year old paint is not the best.
                Might paint all the way to the edge to even it out, but at the same time there's 2 layers of rug over it so...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next week I was planning on refitting the trunk interior and do some more interior touchups. And if I find the time I'll try to pick up the right equipment to finally re-weld the inner fender. Which is gonna be interesting because I've realized I basicly need to redo the whole thing so.

Have a nice Sunday guys

Comment

• As good as done...

Sup guys and gals....
                  No welding this week, didn't get hold of any metal in time, so I only have a small update today.

Battery finally back in with the rug and all other crap.

I think the results are OK.
                  If I get a good opportunity to redo it in the future I have another idéa I want to try out. But until then, this is a finished chapter.

While I had the paintcan at the ready I took a couple of minutes to touch up the floorpans.
                  The isolation had gotten wet, which made the old paint fall of.

Just like last time, the contrast between old/new paint is a bit much.
                  But also like the last time, this is never going to be seen by anyone (except maybe me again). So I'll live with it...

I WILL get all everything I need for the welder during next week. And sooner rather than later, because after the stupid fender is welded, I only need to modify some intercooler-piping and fab a intake-pipe.
                  Because after that's done I can finally complete step 1 (of 4) of the registration process!

Comment

• In lack of other things...

Long story short, bit of a weird work-week so no welding done.
                    Instead we've been doing some pretty unrelevant stuff, but I had a good oppertunity - Speakers

My local audio-shop had 33% off on speaker-packages. And they had the exact headunit and speakers I'd been looking at so.
                    Seemed like a good deal. I'll be getting a small sub in the future that I plan on fitting in the sparewheel tray with one of those tiny spares instead.

Audiophiles are probably wrinkeling their noses, but it's not like I'm building an audio-car

5'25" rear

Some massaging required to get them in to the stock fitting.

4" front

Such an stupid design in the front, but they seem to stay in place

Whole backseat back again!

Some really dirty panels

The little relay/connector tray(?) back again, which cleaned up the driver side quiet a bit!

Gotta install the heater and fan before I can hide the ECU/cables on th eother side.

Since I'm planning on a new WG-spring and ECU-tune, I thought I'd install one these little guys. Since there is none stock.

Dumb to constantly slow the turbo down, and since I don't have a MAF I'll just leave it open for now.

I have nothing planned for next week. I'll try really hard to get the welding done though.
                    But I'll probably fit the heater/fan aswell so I can tidy up the passanger side.

Keep it real!
                    Last edited by LeafBox; 12 December 2015, 18:38.

Comment

• it won't run at idle with an open BOV.. i also tried it.. you have to run it closed.. otherwise you have too much vacuum, so the BOV stays open and the air sensor plate drops down..
                      1990 Audi 100 2.2 Turbo Quattro with VEMS, K24 2480, ported and milled 10v head

Comment

• Hmm, did some google-fu and you seem to be correct.
                        Now I need to do some thinking...

Comment

• put the pipe somewhere between turbo and air filter.. i have done it the same

Comment

• Ofc, but the questions is how to make it fit (and look clean) in my way too small car

Comment

• you will find a way

Comment

• Santa!

Guess what! I've basicly not done a single thing this week either!
                                I pretty much only finished up some wiring for the stereo (top priority!). And well, I put the dash back in so I could get a better look at where to hide some of th enew wiring.

But hey, atleast Santa showed up!

So the stereo got all its wires done, including lowpass(?) AND microphone. Normally I wouldn't bother with the mic, but hey, I had time and the best oppertunity ever, so why not...
                                I'm pretty sure this is the best solution in regards to audio quality and hideability (Yes, I did make that word up)

The dash did a HUGE difference, it totally looks like a car again. Ofc the heatercore and fan is back in there too.
                                There's definitely some room to play with for the wiring, I just need to find somewhere I can fit my hands aswell...

Then Santa came by with a set of Ronal Bolero's! In the slightly rare 8x17" ET35 that has a "flat rim". I was pretty set on a pair of Avus's, which look fantastic in 18", but I just don't think they're quiet as striking in 17", can't put my finger on it, but I've been having second thoughts for a while.

Then these popped up on the swedish version of craigslist i guess, and the deep dish design that the ET35's have kinda reminds me of my old rims.
                                Gonna get some 215/45 tires (which I also had on my old rims) for that mini-stretch and I think they'll look top notch

But they are kinda worn at the moment, so some painting needs to be done. I'm thinking white, which ofc is a bitch to keep clean, but the whole car is white, so it needs to be washed daily anyhow

And guys, merry christmas

Comment

Working...
                                X