Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi S1.5 [OEM+] - (10-valve turbo B3 Coupé)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for mentioning it!
    Seems like an odd decision from Audi there... Strange that I've never noticed it before

Comment

• Did you fabricate the dust covers from sheet metal? How thick?

Comment

• Yes, 1mm
        As I said, I was doubting it would even work, but it turned out surprisingly sturdy!

Comment

• Originally posted by LeafBox View Post
          Yes, 1mm
          As I said, I was doubting it would even work, but it turned out surprisingly sturdy!
          That's good to know......might try this myself.

Liking your work.

Comment

• Originally posted by John. View Post
            That's good to know......might try this myself.

Liking your work.
            Thanks man, always fun to see your work appreciated.

I just made a template from the old shields, cut out the shape and made the hole. Then I took a pair of pliers and bent the edge. Which I then smoothed out further with a hammer around a pipe. Round it all of with quick polish from the grinder and boom.

Comment

• Nice work on the brake shields and the refurbished suspension parts

Comment

• Number 6 - 'Accumulator'
                Accumulator of what? Pressure? Or is it some kind of old-school cache?
                And what happens if I remove it?

Comment

• If I'm remembering correctly, it is a fuel accumulator. With you keeping the CIS injection on your 10v, you will be wanting to keep that. The CIS needs it to function properly. My EFI converted 10v actually seems to be more responsive sense I removed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by De80q View Post
                    If I'm remembering correctly, it is a fuel accumulator. With you keeping the CIS injection on your 10v, you will be wanting to keep that. The CIS needs it to function properly. My EFI converted 10v actually seems to be more responsive sense I removed it.
                    Yeah I know it accumulates fuel, but I'm curious in what way. (I'm assuming pressure? But for what reason, easier start-up?)
                    I wanna figure out how it works so I know if it's CIS-witchcraft that need to be there, or CIS-Voodoo that I can do without
                    Last edited by LeafBox; 11 January 2017, 16:32.

Comment

• It is there to assist in pressure and volume fluctuations. It also helps with start up. Basically, it keeps the CIS system happy during changes that occur in the fuel system while driving.

Comment

• When life gives you lemons

It's been quiet some time since my last post.
                        And as the title suggests, my life just kinda spun out for a second.

Several things happened, but I lost a lot of motivation when I realized that the money I've been saving
                        for a new paint-job this spring had to be spent on boring **** I don't care about.

Anyway, the workshop space is now needed, so I'm more or less being forced to start working on it again.
                        And I'm happy that's the case, because now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I found that rot behind the inner fender I went over the whole back end of the car with a knife
                        just poking around and found a couple of other areas that needed some work.

-----

Since I had to remove this assembly anyway top get proper access.
                        I took the chance to make a whole new mount, since the OEM one was done for.

-----

I also got really curious on how the paint would turn out on my new wheels, so I sandblasted and painted one rim.
                        Not as dark as my old set, but slightly darker than 'just aluminum rim'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm planning on getting the rear mounted again during the week. And after that there's not much left.
                        Build a new exhaust and swap the front shocks being the bigger jobs. The rest of them could probably all be done in a day.

I bet I've forgotten something tho, but there's still plenty of time before the season starts over here.
                        Really bummed about not being able to respray it. White with primer-spots is not a good look...

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing the wheels under the car in that colour, should be nice

Will you put some kind of rubber between the mount and the pump?

Comment

• Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                            Looking forward to seeing the wheels under the car in that colour, should be nice

Will you put some kind of rubber between the mount and the pump?
                            It's not a pump, it's the filter and some kind of fuel-pressure regulator.
                            But yes, I'll be putting a bit of ~3mm rubber sheet in between.

Don't think it's needed, but takes no time or effort, so why not.

Comment

• Clever Title

There has been some progress during the week.
                              The floor is as good as new, and the rear axel is once again bolted to the car...

The new mount for the filter installed.
                              Simpler = Better

-----

Another rim has been sandblasted and is currently in the 'paintbooth'
                              (primer)

-----

And then we ofc have the rest of the rear end. Everything installed with new bushings and stuff.
                              Gonna get some more undercoating, the can ran out halfway through as you probably can see...
                              I used the stuff you apply with a brush in the wheel wells, but a spray can underneath.

Next week there probably wont be much. I'm gonna get the car on the ground so I can move it.
                              The space is going to be used for work the rest of the week, so I'll just sit om my hand until that stuff is done.

But then we'll probably kick things of with replacing those front shocks just so that I can say that the chassie is 100% new

Comment

• Just read the whole thread,thanks for taking the time to show us the videos,and the hundreds of photos.
                                Respect to you for the swap and your determination on seeing this great project through!
                                96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                                94 2.6 80 Avant
                                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
                                X