Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi S1.5 [OEM+] - (10-valve turbo B3 Coupé)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i wouldn't put those multi-pole plugs into a turbo engine.. take iridium or platin single pole plugs for a better ignition.. ngk BPR6EIX or BP6ES
    1990 Audi 100 2.2 Turbo Quattro with VEMS, K24 2480, ported and milled 10v head

Comment

• Originally posted by morgenlatte View Post
      i wouldn't put those multi-pole plugs into a turbo engine.. take iridium or platin single pole plugs for a better ignition.. ngk BPR6EIX or BP6ES
      Yeah I'm not buying platinum plugs for ~160hp
      I chose these because they where in the ETKA for this engine so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Glad you are sorted with the injector retainer, surely you want more than the standard 160 horse especially after all your hard work.

Comment

• Originally posted by SA BOY View Post
          Glad you are sorted with the injector retainer, surely you want more than the standard 160 horse especially after all your hard work.
          I have chip and WG-spring planned, but still. Like 220-ish? I'm not too concerned about it. I guess we'll find out!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quickie!

Got some time over today, so I slapped some paint on and re-greased my driveshafts.

And then I was strongly advised to make a heat-shield for the right engine mount by somebody who did a similar swap and melted his twice...
          It's missing paint, but think it will do?

Comment

• good work
            i havent startet engine in my same project (
            Audi Urs4 2.2T Albert K26 Turbo
            Audi 80 B4 quattro 2.2T 10v
            Audi V8 4.2 Manual +LPG SELL
            Audi A6 C4 2.5Tdi
            VW LT28 2.0 r4 55kw Fire vehicle

Comment

• Looking good! Will you attend NordicAudi Swapmeet this summer?
              220-ish hk is always fun in a car that has alot less from the beginning.
              I remember the first time a played around with the pressure-regulator-mod on my 200 10vt, those where the days!

Comment

• Originally posted by ProX View Post
                good work
                i havent startet engine in my same project (
                C'mon man, get on it!

Originally posted by ineora View Post
                Looking good! Will you attend NordicAudi Swapmeet this summer?
                220-ish hk is always fun in a car that has alot less from the beginning.
                I remember the first time a played around with the pressure-regulator-mod on my 200 10vt, those where the days!
                I do plan on going to the NA Swapmeet! I've wanted to go for like 5 years, but things have just been coming in the way. One year I had even packed my bags
                While 220'ish is fine, especially when you remember I'm still just FWD. I'd like to get a bit more. But as you all know, the CIS is making it kinda awkward...

After chip and a wg-spring, what else can you do without getting rid of the CIS except the things i've already done?
                (2.5" exhaust, cat-delete, slightly bigger FMIC with the new pipes and BOV.)

Could you run a NG-cam maybe?

Comment

• you could do that: http://audi100.net/Technik/Tips___Tr...75-update.html
                  a second N75 wired like in the second picture.. you dont need a stronger wg spring.. you can drive up to 1.5 bar pressure (you have to regulate it with the WG spring, so you don't run over those 1.5 bar

Comment

you could do that: http://audi100.net/Technik/Tips___Tr...75-update.html
                    a second N75 wired like in the second picture.. you dont need a stronger wg spring.. you can drive up to 1.5 bar pressure (you have to regulate it with the WG spring, so you don't run over those 1.5 bar
                    So if I understand that page correct. What you're doing is doubling the flow rate which controls the boost.
                    This is to give the boost pressure a more 'flat' curve? (i.e opening and closing the WG faster?), and shouldn't change pressure?

Comment

• no, you are allowing an overboost for a short time and improving spool of the turbo..

Comment

no, you are allowing an overboost for a short time and improving spool of the turbo..
                        Oh, because of the residual pressure from the other valve I guess? I think I get it now, could be worth looking in to!

Comment

• yeah definately do that.. won't increase much hp (do this only with a chip where the fuel cutoff is eliminated) but will increase torque a lot

Comment

• Title?!

Another week has passed, and my personal deadline is looking pretty grim, but we're still not at all far from finishing this season!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New oilcooler, stock S2. Got some very simple mounts made.

Splashed some paint on the last couple of bits.

-

Should the injectors not go down further?
                            Looks weird, but as you can see the bracket seems to sit correctly?

I've also started a couple of other things. Sandblasted and washed the enginebay.
                            And I've also started ripping in to the wiring harness, because I want that done before the engine goes back in.

During next week I have a lot of work, so I'll mostly focus on the wiring and maybe start with some light sanding.
                            But we plan on painting next weekend!

Comment

• The Coupe is getting some love, that's for sure BTW I went with a custom oil cooler after I ruined mine with undoing the hoses ...

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAMM0 View Post
                                The Coupe is getting some love, that's for sure BTW I went with a custom oil cooler after I ruined mine with undoing the hoses ...
                                Those hoses man
                                I guess 25 years is beyond their life expectancy

Comment

Working...
                                X