Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi S1.5 [OEM+] - (10-valve turbo B3 Coupé)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** WANTED **
    10/20v ignition table E85!

I want to collect data to look at so that I can form an opinion on what's reasonable and not

Comment

• Love the airbox. What material did you use? And how did you build it? With cardboard as a mock at first? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAMM0 View Post
        Love the airbox. What material did you use? And how did you build it? With cardboard as a mock at first? Thanks.
        Thanks!
        It's all aluminum, I actually have some video of when I built it on my channel

https://youtu.be/MP91aCt7CYg?t=230

Comment

• I need to sit and catch up on this project properly, just sat having a quick cuppa before going back down to my own workshop to do C4 stuff...

This is one of my favoriate projects on here, party as I wanted to do something with a 10VT MC1 engine into B2 90 quattro many, many years ago but also as think the idea of one in a B3 Coupe is fanatastic, something a bit differnt to all the the 20VT swaps.

It looks like all the K-Ject system is long gone from the couple of pic's I've had a quick look at, as I said I need to sit and have a proper catch up on your progress, I have to say it all look's excellent.

The bottom ends in the MC engines are very robust as you probably already knew, are you planning on ever going up in size a bit with the Turbo in future? I'd love to know what one would go like with one of Vidars crazy new K24's an RS2 K24 7200 or K26/7 installed.

Edit... Forgot it's 2WD car in which case the good old K24 7000 should provide enough boost as to be practical, which in a way is good as it helps keeps costs down and your driving licencse a little safer...
          Last edited by K Simmonds; 30 July 2023, 15:38.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
            I need to sit and catch up on this project properly, just sat having a quick cuppa before going back down to my own workshop to do C4 stuff...

This is one of my favoriate projects on here, party as I wanted to do something with a 10VT MC1 engine into B2 90 quattro many, many years ago but also as think the idea of one in a B3 Coupe is fanatastic, something a bit differnt to all the the 20VT swaps.

It looks like all the K-Ject system is long gone from the couple of pic's I've had a quick look at, as I said I need to sit and have a proper catch up on your progress, I have to say it all look's excellent.

The bottom ends in the MC engines are very robust as you probably already knew, are you planning on ever going up in size a bit with the Turbo in future? I'd love to know what one would go like with one of Vidars crazy new K24's an RS2 K24 7200 or K26/7 installed.

Edit... Forgot it's 2WD car in which case the good old K24 7000 should provide enough boost as to be practical, which in a way is good as it helps keeps costs down and your driving licencse a little safer...
            Heya!

I'm glad you seem to think pretty much the same thing as I do about the concept, this was also kinda like my childhood dream-project when I first bought it back when I was ~16. And I always thought it was so strange that they didnt offer the B3 with this engine.

So fun fact, I actually have one of Vidars upgraded K24's on it since a couple of years now. Pretty sure I posted some pics way back maybe?
            It's been great and I think it's just the right size for the application. My goal back when I started was ~200whp, which I hit even on the old Kjet setup, so the EFI swap was more for reliability and drive-ability than power.

Since I'm doing all the EFI-tuning myself (as with everything in this project) I'm not aiming to go much higher, and I feel like the same ~1.3bar of boost is a pretty natural stopping point for the setup. So best case scenario for me is that I'm hoping the efficiency of EFI and extra timing from E85 gain me maybe ~40-50hp?

But It's like a whole different car to drive. She's so much more responsive and it always feels like she wants to go - compared to the old setup where she would be kinda cranky if you got on it to early and was a bit hesitant to spin past 5k-isch.
            Even now when my tune is still way off in some areas!

I'm gonna tinker abit more during the last bit of summer here and then I'll do a dyno run before I park her for winter, so I'm excited to see what she does!

Comment

• Fair play you've put a lot of thought into the layout in the engine bay, it's really exceptionally tidy and well thought out, unless you know your Audi's of this era one wouldn't even guess that it's a conversion.

I think doing away with the K-Jet system makes a lot of sense, to be honest I like K-Jet on car's that are stock where keeping the system help's with retaining originality such as a UR quattro like Johns. When it's all working correctly it's a very good system considering how long ago it was designed, but there's a few parts that can be troublsome and cost of new replacments parts is crazy, that's if you can even find them.

So on a custom project such as this doing away with it and investing in converting to EFI makes a good deal of sense, much less to go wrong and with a ECU that can be remapped at home one can experiment with differnt turbos, injectors and even perhaps camshafts.

I didn't realise you'd invested in one of Vidars uprated K24's, went back and found the photo's, they really are works of art. Making the most out of what can be crammed into the K24 7000's housings ...

IMO this is the perfect choice of turbo for this car, it fit's just as a stock unit would yet provides a fair bit of extra air. I can imagine it's great fun to drive and with just FWD there really is no point in going for much over 250 bhp unless you wanted to start getting into gearbox mods such as an LSD... Which again IMO wouldn't be worth the expense.

I would have thought one of those K24's should do about 280 at the crank on a 10V, though I wouldn't be surpised if it made 300 with the right injectors and mapping.
              Last edited by K Simmonds; 3 August 2023, 12:44.
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeafBox View Post
                ** WANTED **
                10/20v ignition table E85!

I want to collect data to look at so that I can form an opinion on what's reasonable and not

I have some 95/98 and E85 tables for 10VT that I can share

Comment

• Originally posted by Sumalei View Post

I have some 95/98 and E85 tables for 10VT that I can share
                  Please do! I'm always excited to learn more about this subject since it's really hard to tune properly without a dyno

Comment

Working...
                  X