Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projekt Alpinweiss V - Rebuilding the new engine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick run round south Bristol confirms that the engine is operating as expected

A few things I've noted: the metal release bearing makes a bit of noise; solid mounts are fine anything above idle and less than full chat & cutout valves aren't subtle...

Another this is that my oil temperature is a little more keen to rise than before, only 1 notch and all other factors are as before. I did have a different oil thermostat housing fitted, as it came with the engine, so potential totally it's that...

Need to do some front suspension work still and fit a cold air feed as it's flat in traffic.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Compression test showed just over 10 Bar on all cylinders, with all showing pretty much the same value Also, no codes
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• Front subframe is now aligned, drop links replaced with new TRW (OEM) items, I've replaced the split steering gaitor and refurbished the steering arms with a lick of paint and new TRW track rod ends. I tried some different bearings in the top mounts and they've worn a bit, leaving a slight movement in them, so time to go back to the expensive ones. Gearbox mounts are now replaced with the excellent AnLe ones, so there's almost no rubber lefton the car now Not very German?!?

Rear brake carriers have a lick of paint on them too, so now it's time to refit them and restore some balance with the larger discs, I may sort the rear calipers at the same time, as one of the handbrake mechanisms is a little sticky.

Just about to book the car in for another session on the alignment machine, so it'll be ready for a trackday soon
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• cool. Where you thinking for track action? I'm in
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Not sure yet, need to save up!

Got the suspension done: 4+ castor, 2.5+ front camber, 1.25 rear camber and neutral to all round... feels grand
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• What rubber are you using? Do the ware evenly with these settings?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Car does so few miles, wear isn't a concern. I've done about 3k with these settings and there's no evidence of excessive inner shoulder wear. Looking at cornering shots from track days, the outer front tyre is nice and flat.
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• Cool. Might be a good starting point for my urq settings.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Well done, its good to see this back on the road already! Would be interested to know where your getting the alignment done, one day I'll be looking to do such a thing myself! One day...
                    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• FCM Alignment in Bristol. Lee there only does alignment and has done my last 4 custom setup. Just make sure you book it in for 2 hours if it's your first time...

http://www.fcmwheelalignment.co.uk/
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                      X