Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projekt Alpinweiss V - Rebuilding the new engine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily commute in to the centre of Bristol and back done. Didn't miss a beat, except at idle, where the lightweight flywheel has made it a little less smooth than Audi intended. Clutch was perfecly manageable and the brakes too. Temps never went over or under the ideal position and the oil pressure was 2-5 bar.

Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• Lovely clean engine bay. Post you photo in engine bay thread

Comment

• Warwick and back today, taking in some nice roads over the Cotswolds

275 miles so far so it's time for another change. No issues other than the severity of the vibration at about 1800 rpm on occasion. Waiting until the engine and gearbox mounts are sorted as the engine mounts aren't the best. Need a second opinion at some point.
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• 500 mile running in period they said...

New oil fitted, N75 plugged back in... took a brave pill and went for a run. Oh how I'd missed that feeling and with the valve open I had a tear in my eye (naturally because the window was open and nothing to do with my 3 months' hard work to get this done)
          Attached Files
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• Well done mate, now enjoy your hard work
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Nice one!
              Any news on the vibes at 1800 rpm?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

• It still chatters a bit but will see how it goes. Engine mounts are shot so once they're replaced, things will be different, if not better...
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• or worse!
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Indeed.

Got a bit angsty about a chattering noise under the car... what could it be? Was it from the engine? Had something gone wrong?

No. It was the metal faced clutch release bearing. New clutch is lighter than expected and doesn't appear to slip, so happy with that.

Brakes are next on the list... never ends
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• Yes my metal faced bearing started chattering at idle after about 800 miles
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• The plastic faced Sachs item I took out after 15k miles was untouched by a stock clutch. At least the metal one looks very meaty
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• So 525 miles in just under a week and other than a small leak in the breather, all seems well and performance is definitely there The subtle changes to the head and inlet have freed up a bit of mid to top end and the lightweight innards have given a small increase in low gear pep

After chatting with JP, I may now be at the stage where it needs the map tweaking to take the better breathing in to account, so a new turbo is on the cards as there's no point custom tuning the RS2. Nothing mad, either 390-400 on a hybrid billet RS2 or 425-450 on a GTX3071, HX Super 40 or one of the KKK K26/27 billets that seem more readily available; either way it would need to be a K26 flanged turbo to work with my Wagner, unless I trade it in...

Just the question of who to map it... as ever
                          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

• GTX. See if we can get a discount on buying 2.

Sent from apollo 13 using tapatalk
                            1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

• The gtx3071r looks great on paper but from the results I have seen it seems to preform like an expensive gt30r. Not that that's bad but not the step forward it should be. No axe to grind just saying.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hx40 will be too large. For simplicity and reaching your 450 target without too much lag and ease of plumbing, I would go RS2 hybrid or 26/27. As you have an RS2 unit already, I would get it hybridised. Easy, chreap and bullet proof.
                                91 Modded 3B
                                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
                                X