Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projekt Alpinweiss V - Rebuilding the new engine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is clean and painty
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

nice. head looks good.

whats the expected gains. its not a cheap job headwork and its easy to see why its not but at a given boost level whats the expected gain

Comment

i would powdercoat the parts.. had some painted but it gets scratched so easy that i had to blast moast of the parts again and powdercoat them.. just my 2 cent

Comment

Not expecting much more than just having a healthy, new engine over a tired old one. Head work was cost effective over and above just the multi angle seats, as I discussed my setup with JP and he worked to a budget to make sure that the work he did focussed on where his experience said the gains would come. Basically, it can't hurt and I was happy to add the extra ÂŁ to the build to get something that would come alive with a bigger turbo. The head should work in the 350-450 region but beyond that, I'd need to revisit it.

It will just be nice to tick the engine off the to do list and then I can save up for the bodywork
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

surely your being a bit conserative there andy? head looks well worked as expected. suppose its boost and turbo size dependent.

i appreciate its hard to estimate gains too.

coming together nicely

Comment

I should have quantified that with "on the same map"!

If I stick RS2 then I'd want to get a hybrid on there and some better injectors and run it as hard as it'll go.

Original plan was a 3071 but I've gone off the idea, as reliability is worth more to me than a few hundred RPM spool. I don't find the stock RS2 turbo an issue on a map designed for a stock RS2 engine, so running more boost, earlier and more aggressive map will make it quite a road car and acceptable on track.

It is indeed coming along, jsut very slowly but then I knew that would be the case and it make paying for it easier.
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Whoop whoop! Got the new engine in the garage! A few final pieces to buy but pretty much there now. Kept a spreadsheet of all the parts and it makes for pretty scary reading but I'm sure it'll all be worth the effort when it's fitted and running.

Not going to fit until October, after ADI, as I couldn't do track sessions with a new engine now, could I?!
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Very nice work !

Can't wait to see pics of engine bay with new engine and everything clean and tidy
                  Seb

http://www.carthrottle.com/garage/CS...o-2-3-20v-abt/

Comment

Any pics of that motor Andy? Thoughts on turbo?

I can assure you that low 400s feels very damn good, yeah it's a laggy compared to the triple BB stuff but I quite like the old-school... nothing, nothing, *warp drive* feel when you open it out at 2k rpm

With my car and sonic's car still off the road who am I gonna get a thrill ride from at this years CC
                    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

No pictures as yet - I've been too busy sorting the suspension and a few minor running issues out, which were down to another Lambda going bad.

The car now has a few more tweaks to the suspension and brakes, so should handle more as I want this year at Combe. It'll be due some new front brakes soon enough, so I'll be looking at options to fit under 17s, in place of the 314mm 996s that have done me proud for the last 10 years. I want a bit more diameter to even up the brake balance.
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

And so it begins...

Engine, head, vacuum aassist and LOTS of cleaning and painting!
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

And pics..

Less talking, more spannering
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Forgot the camera and was too busy spannering to use the phone.

Will not be recognisable when all done...
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

No turning back now! Refitting is the reverse of removal and all that!

Attached Files
                              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

make some pictures

Comment

Working...
                                X