Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projekt Alpinweiss V - Rebuilding the new engine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had some more conversation with JP about the head, as I wanted to know where my budget was best spent and he's come up with a design that incorporates changes that will improve flow while leaving out some of the costlier tweaks that go in to the full-blown ported and polished heads. I'll have a full spec list but in the main, he has concentrated on the exhaust area, with re-profiled and smoothed exhaust ports, swirl polished and back cut valves and multi-angle valve seats on all ports. Combined with the standard rebuild, this should give excellent results on a medium power setup for a cost pretty much midway between just the multi angle seats and the works. Full description and pictures to come but from what I've seen, it looks like a work of art already

This is a product that he will be offering in the future, so all you RS2 and K26/7 hybrid boys should pay attention
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Courtesy of JP, here's my newly tweaked head.

Standard rebuild plus:
      • Reprofiled intake and exhaust seats
      • Reprofiled intake and exhaust valves
      • Bowl work on the intake
      • Fully ported exhaust
      • Blended combustion chamber

This head was built by JP to match both my requirements and budget and focuses on getting the most out of the 20V head for more modest power levels. He will be offering these as a standard product, so you'd all better get saving!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Rusty; 22 January 2015, 14:48.
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

This looks superb. Wonder if this would be any good on a stroker with a gt30 size turbo. Anyhow it does look very very nice

Comment

There will be gains from any correctly done head work and for that level of performance, you'll be best off going for the works, to get the most from it.

Can't wait to get this. Just the rods to get, then the engine will be balanced and built.
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Do you know who'll be doing the balancing? Basset Down are now rrrrrrrubbish, based on the quality of what they did for me (also through Aelred).

You'll need to specify that you want it zero balanced. ..
            Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
            S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
            '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Not sure, I will check with him though.
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Excellent project Andy when I saw your car a few years ago at ADI thought it was great then with all this work your doing it's going to be the dogs ******** lol!! Well done for ploughing your hard earned money into your pride and joy it's always difficult making sense of spending so much but the enjoyment takes over from sense!!! After spending 4500 on mine last year I have no regrets!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                  This is a product that he will be offering in the future, so all you RS2 and K26/7 hybrid boys should pay attention
                  I'm very interested to know how much a similar head would cost, I'm going to have to change the gasket on mine sooner rather than later and would like to have one of these ready to on.

Could you drop me a PM with a rough idea of price please Andy?
                  1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                  1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                  1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                  1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by dubmanted View Post
                    This looks superb. Wonder if this would be any good on a stroker with a gt30 size turbo. Anyhow it does look very very nice
                    Pretty certain that this will be a similar spec to my head, also done by JP, and I use it on a stroker with a GT3071, works a treat
                    sigpic
                    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                      I'm very interested to know how much a similar head would cost, I'm going to have to change the gasket on mine sooner rather than later and would like to have one of these ready to on.

Could you drop me a PM with a rough idea of price please Andy?
                      Check with JP for exact details and prices but to get the same as me is ÂŁ725 plus any remedial work (cracks, thread inserts, bent valves etc.)

I got change from ÂŁ1k including buying a head, as it was in good order except for the bent exhaust valves!

Cheers for all the kind comments, it reminds me that although I know all the faults and blemishes, she's a pretty good egg all told
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Thanks Andy, that's pretty good value for the high standard of work. I'll try and pick up a spare head before I get in touch with JP.
                        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Got the head on Monday and it's soooo sweet

Just ordered the FCP X beam rods to complement the 81.5mm pistons I got from them last year, so it's build time!
                          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Block is now being built and in the meantime, I've decided to start cleaning and painting a load of brackets that I have for the engine bay and I'll do the rocker cover when it's off, as well as anything else I can get my hands on. As anyone who's seen my engine bay will testify, this is very unnatural for me

Will be fitting a vac servo conversion on this when the engine is out and a few other bits and pieces.
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

you... are...cleaning...?? Feeling OK?
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

another one against cleaning. yay.

i dont feel alone now.

Comment

Working...