Project 91 Coupe to AAN'd 400+HP SSSSSSSSSSomething

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project 91 Coupe to AAN'd 400+HP SSSSSSSSSSomething

Hey guys, I thought I better start a thread in the project session since this is definatly turning into a deep project. Ok, so far what I have is a 91 coupe that has all the wiring harness run and the engine mounted. Waiting for custome aluminum radiator as well as a custom motor bracket to fit around the tube header I'm trying to fit. The engine is built with RS2 injectors, RS2 MAF (for now), K27 7200 #6 turbo (replaced by K27/29#8 if tube header improves flow enough), port and polished head, 7A cams, RS2 intercooler (looking for replacement, any help much appreciated), Dahlback intake manifold, 11lb aluminum flywheel, centerforce clutch, DSY 6 speed tranny (waiting for mounting hardware), mocal 19 row oil cooler, stock oil cooler used for tranny fluid cooler, dahlback BV, pauder rods, arp head studs, multilayer head gasket, 3" turbo back SS exhaust with WG exhausted separate (still in the works). As for other stuff, RS2 fiberglass front bumper, RS2 headlights, B4 hood (would like carbon but don't want hood pins and want strength to at least 260kph), Porsche big black brakes with 323mm Porsche rotors and custom aluminum hats, 95 S6 rear vented discs and calipers with custom brackets, H&R springs with Koni adjustible shocks, aluminum subframe bushings, whiteline rear ARB, open for suggestion on front ARB, and I think thats most of it. I will keep this thread alive for a while while it all comes together. Here are a couple pictures to get it going.

Elijah
    Attached Files
    91 Audi Coupe Quattro- AAN engine transplant

another
    Attached Files

Comment

wheel and front brakes
      Attached Files

Comment

engine bay in the works
        Attached Files

Comment

header in place but...
          Attached Files

Comment

And then the manifold hitting the motor bracket problem
            Attached Files

Comment

I'll keep taking pictures as I get this car on the road.

Elijah

Comment

Originally posted by elijahallens2
                95 S6 rear vented discs and calipers with custom brackets,
                Elijah
                Elijah,
                Do you have these brakes mounted or is this for the future?

I am wondering because, the S6 rear rotor is too deep to fit on the rear of a coupe. I have an S6 I am parting out and tried to use the S6 rotor on my coupe. The depth of the rotor fouled either the strut mount or the tie rod arm, don't remember which. Hat is too deep to use. No matter what custom bracket you try to install, you will never get the rotor to work.

You can use the S6 caliper with a 280X22 rotor off a S3/NB, with the S8 caliper carrier. No custom bracket required.

Write is here about half way down on the first page:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7389

Greg
                They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Thanks for the info, where can I find the S3 rotors?

Elijah

Comment

Originally posted by elijahallens2
                    Thanks for the info, where can I find the S3 rotors?

Elijah
                    For us in the states the same rotor is used on the New Beetle. I got mine from PureMotorsports, Brembo slotted 280X22.

http://www.purems.com

Greg
                    They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

My man, 90quattro to the rescue!!!

Good God Elijah, have you tallied how much you have sunk into your car so far? Got to be big moola! You are either single and live with your parents or you own stock in Microsoft?! I envy you pal.
                      I wish I had the drive you have. When you get to my age, health concerns, a house you are renovating, 2 Ur-Audis, 2 elderly cats. 1 diabetic dog, a mother recovering from cancer and a father in law with heart problems takes a lot out of you. Good Luck Elijah!! Enjoy it all!!

Comment

so ELlijah, are you in Michigan? looks like michigan plate on the red truck. where are you at?

Comment

Sweet looking coupe Elijah nice spec too.
                          Mark - Modded

Comment

Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe
                            For us in the states the same rotor is used on the New Beetle. I got mine from PureMotorsports, Brembo slotted 280X22.

http://www.purems.com

Greg
                            Thanks for the info. You

Elijah

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
                              Good God Elijah, have you tallied how much you have sunk into your car so far? Got to be big moola! You are either single and live with your parents or you own stock in Microsoft?! I envy you pal.
                              I wish I had the drive you have. When you get to my age, health concerns, a house you are renovating, 2 Ur-Audis, 2 elderly cats. 1 diabetic dog, a mother recovering from cancer and a father in law with heart problems takes a lot out of you. Good Luck Elijah!! Enjoy it all!!
                              You got it all wrong, I'm a self emplyed builder that has a serious need for speed. My past S4 took me 5 years to get it how I wanted and then one stupid mistake and it was totaled, luckily most of the fun stuff I put on the car was still good so thats where alot of this stuff is coming from. Thanks for the encouragement though.

Elijah

Comment

Working...
                              X