My first Audi. RS2 from Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the kind words
    Yeah, I've allready used the search-button alot. I like to know how new things work, especially things this expensive
    Can't wait to have it on the road, it's not far from it now. Like I said, it's missing new brakepads in the front, some exterior trim pieces, some bulb issues in the instrument cluster and bringing the boost back. It's probably just the N75. Feels like it has 170hp now. But it pulls smooth and idles nice, so I'm not worried there's a massive repair. Haven't really looked into it yet.

Here's a video of my main problem right now. The Airbag-lamp is not lit, but this bulb in the video has to be the missing bulb that is sitting in the instrument cluster. Am I right? The blinking bulb has the same red loom tape as the rest of the Airbag-system. Allso, is there any difference between passenger airbags later in production? The wiring harness for the passenger airbag has two contacts, but the bag itself only has one.

Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCTBMwJMDBU

Don't mind the noise, the other guys where changing bushings an a V70...

Here's a picture of the blinking bulb.

And here's a picture of the Airbag bulb in the cluster, down to the left. Yes, I have the missing bulb in the picture, just took it out to testfit the blinking bulb. And no, they don't fit.

Another cool Volvo from our workshop My friend Martin's 850R with AccuAir airride and Ferrari 348-wheels. Recently sold.

Comment

as i remember in my rs2 the bulb is directly in the cluster and no cables go to it.
      fit a black bulb like the rest of them in the cluster and i think it will lite on...

Comment

Congrats on your "new" RS2. Despite the trickery to get around Norwegian taxes, your RS2 still has great value as an RS2. I would encourage you to consider this when you make your modifications and not make any that could not be reversed back to stock. Whenever and wherever you make your modifications, keep the OE parts that you remove so the reversal to stock is possible in the future.

Just my two kronors worth of opinion.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by fourwh33ldriv3 View Post
          Welcome to the forum Anders, a lot of help and assistance on here is just a few clicks away, so much experience. I too had the love of RS2 when younger....a lot younger,,,

I love the colour too, Volcano Black by the looks?

Not had time really or weather to get many good shots of mine, but spent over 2 days with clay bar and some fanc polish and prepping while the rain stayed away but had to come back to work...

I think it's the Volcano Black, yes Very nice colour. The fresh paintjob is allso VERY well done, allmost looks like it has been wet sanded and buffed. One of the guys in my workshop is a pro detailer and he was really impressed with the paintjob. Allmost no orange peel-structure at all.

Your car makes it even harder to decide if 17"s are to small for the RS2... Unfortunately I don't have the original wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by rxl View Post
            as i remember in my rs2 the bulb is directly in the cluster and no cables go to it.
            fit a black bulb like the rest of them in the cluster and i think it will lite on...
            I doesen't light up, it's been there all along and I have changed it a few times as well. My biggest fear is that the car is a *******-edition with parts from both the Norwegian donor car and the Swiss chassi, and that they are from a different part of production with some changes done in it's way. On the other hand, as mentioned the Norwegian donor car was produced in October 94 and the Swiss chassi in late July 94. It's the instrument cluster from the Norwegian car in it now. Maybe it's noot compatible with the older loom? And if it is, what is the separate bulb for? Very confusing this
            I need to look into the chassi numbers some more... I have complete service history for both chassis laying around

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
            Congrats on your "new" RS2. Despite the trickery to get around Norwegian taxes, your RS2 still has great value as an RS2. I would encourage you to consider this when you make your modifications and not make any that could not be reversed back to stock. Whenever and wherever you make your modifications, keep the OE parts that you remove so the reversal to stock is possible in the future.

Just my two kronors worth of opinion.
            You'r two kroner is absolutely right I'm not going to hack on like I've done to the semi-cheap Volvo's. Allso, the Volvo's are so common around here, you can find usefull parts on the side of the road
            I'm thinking coilovers, big service and maybe a tune, new exhaust, maybe even a complete Borg Warner turbokit from Iroz. Supposely bolt on with KKK exhaust housing.

Comment

Here's some better pictures of my current problem, getting the Airbag-lamp to light ut.

This is the loom that extends to the bulb that lights up when I turn the ignition key. This is right behind the ignition switch below the steering collumn.

I have a spare wiring socket that does not go anywhere. The car used to have cruise control, but the previous owner removed half of it... Whyyyy!

Some external pics as well I do have some pictures from early this winter, when I was snowplowing the workshop driveway, quattro-style!
              Need to get this trim sorted.

New OEM Porsche license plate lights.

It sits pretty low in the front, not really sure why... But what the hell, I'm going coilovers anyway.

Set of twists waiting

Comment

Better video of the bulb of wierdness. Sorry for the vertical video syndrome
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4fuEqcIF7c

Comment

I've seen a wired bulb in the cluster before - it was part of a loom for a towbar. Dunno if this helps..
                  Cheers, Torben
                  '94 B4 Avant S2

Comment

Originally posted by andersg View Post
                    I'm 6.4ft/195cm, 95kg. I think the sunroof is the dealbreaker here...
                    Maybe you can do something like the good 'old S2 seat lowering trick - remove some material from the mechanism.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ht=seat+height
                    Attached Files
                    Cheers, Torben
                    '94 B4 Avant S2

Comment

Actually looks pretty good with the 964 wheels on it.

Comment

to the forum that's a great looking Volvo my dad use to have a few volvos but was never really fussed on them but yours looks great and am looking forward to seeing your work on your RS2

Comment

Originally posted by tscheel View Post
                          I've seen a wired bulb in the cluster before - it was part of a loom for a towbar. Dunno if this helps..
                          I've heard about this as well, is this the same system that cuts boost pressure when you hook a trailer on the tow bar and plugs the trailer connector? Do some of you have any more info about this?
                          That would explain the low boost level as well, it makes sense. My car does not have a tow bar, but that does not mean it has never had one...
                          If so, then my airbag warning lamp just does not work. Need to split the cluster and look for obvious faults... New RS2-cluster would cost me a kidney

Comment

The tow bar lamp shouldn't blink if it's not connected. Put the bulb in the cluster where it belongs and do see if the airbag ecu is still connected to the loom.

Comment

Originally posted by rxl View Post
                              The tow bar lamp shouldn't blink if it's not connected. Put the bulb in the cluster where it belongs and do see if the airbag ecu is still connected to the loom.
                              I'll have a go at it tomorrow
                              Where is the tow bar lamp supposed to go?! There isn't any free socket for it...

Comment

I think it. Should go near the airbag warning lamp. Anyway in my rs2 it wasn't connected and as you don't have a tow bar it's irrelevant. Did you rund diagnostics on ecu? If should tell you why it's not working

Comment

Working...
                                X