No announcement yet.

My first Audi. RS2 from Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't had the chance to run diagnostics yet, unfortunately. Does anyone know if there is a relay connected to the tow bar lamp? If so I'd just ditch the realy for now...
    It's annoying my shop is a few miles from my home, or I would go check right away.

Comment

Wiring wrapped in red cloth tape is for airbag.
      Wire colors also matches airbag light and it doesn't fit because both tabs on bulb holder is broken.
      Vagcom/vcds diagnostics should tell what's wrong with it.

Comment

I would rip entire loom and all what's with airbags from a different car and install it properly

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
          Wiring wrapped in red cloth tape is for airbag.
          Wire colors also matches airbag light and it doesn't fit because both tabs on bulb holder is broken.
          Vagcom/vcds diagnostics should tell what's wrong with it.
          I will borrow a vagcom when I have the chance
          Thank you for the info, anything helps really. As mentioned earlier, this is my first Audi so don't get me wrong with the silly questions

I'm on the search for a donor car (Audi 80), does the Airbag system/loom change troughout the production? If you see in the first page, there is TWO connectors for the passenger airbag, but only one contact in the bag itself...
          This just makes me wanna find a new loom even more

Comment

Just take the whole car with passengers airbag and put the loom in it.

Comment

I'm aware of at least 4 different airbag system configurations:
              1) Drivers side airbag only
              2) Drivers side and passenger side airbag with one igniter
              3) Drivers side and passenger side airbag with two igniters
              4) Drivers side, passenger side airbag and one igniter for each front safety belt.

You should start with diagnosing your existing airbags because wiring loom almost never fails, it's connectors or airbags themselves that fails mostly, sometimes airbag control unit. And changing whole airbag system involves quite a lot of work removing and refitting dashboard, taking apart and putting together wiring loom under dashboard plus some soldering.
              There's no silly questions, noone is born with knowledge.

Comment

Well if the passengers airbag gad 2 connector and the loom only one.. It does not match..

Comment

Replacing airbag trim or adding two wires will be way more easier than replacing whole wiring loom.
                  Airbag wiring is integrated in under-dashboard wiring, it's not just unplug&remove.

Comment

By removing the whole dash you can see what is made by the previous owner.. And a good time to change the heater matrix

Comment

Originally posted by andersg View Post
                      I think it's the Volcano Black, yes Very nice colour. The fresh paintjob is allso VERY well done, allmost looks like it has been wet sanded and buffed. One of the guys in my workshop is a pro detailer and he was really impressed with the paintjob. Allmost no orange peel-structure at all.

Your car makes it even harder to decide if 17"s are to small for the RS2... Unfortunately I don't have the original wheels.
                      I think that the 17"s ar just a fine fit for her, makes her look still the same, but with differences under the bonnet that were all done before I bought her. In my case going for larger wheels I would loose on what comfort is had on UK roads too, and I think it wouldnt suit larger rims IMO of course

1998 A6 Q (Suzie)
                      2 x B4 80's both 1993 (Heather & Hazel)
                      1995 A4 1.6 (Heather II)
                      1999 A6 Avant 2.4 (Bollie)
                      2001 S6 Avant 4.2 (Rio)
                      1995 80 Cabrio 2.6 (Gracie)
                      2013 Q7 Flooded & gone
                      1995 RS2 2.2 Flooded & gone

Comment

Ended up breaking my phone today when I was at the breakers getting some new switches for the centre console from an A4 B5, so no pictures for a little while. Oh whell

Got my hands on a set of genuine RS2 headlight trim the other day, I was worried it would be a PITA to get hold of a set. But they only cost me a taxi trip, few beers at the pub and some bacon the morning after

Had the passenger airbag out today, looks like I have the wrong bag with only one ignitor, while the loom has to contacts. Is the airbag with two ignitors rare?
                        This thread was pretty helpfull as well:
                        http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17018

I checked the N75 as well, if I'm not mistaken it's pretty shot. When it's activated it lets the same amount of air into the inlet as to the wastegate.

Comment

Not much has happened, been busy spending money on my newly broken tooth, expensive as hell Oh well. Good to have it back.
                          I followed this guide:
                          http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...881#post820881

I bought it, together with airbag resistor (2.5ohm) and new brakepads for the front. Hopefully I will manage to make the airbag lamp go away, while I search for the correct passenger airbag with two ignitors.
                          After that I will pay the registration fee, and then I can take it to it's first MOT ever in Norway
                          Still lot's to do to get it where I wan't, but at least it will be driveable and legal!

Gave it a quick wash. The mirrors are the wrong color. I have the end pieces for det lower door trim laying around, the door molds themselves are in very poor state.
                          Seriously impressed with the paint quality. It's not wet on the pics!

Comment

The front bumper isn't properly fastened, thinking of cleaning the IC and the engine bay in the near future so haven't bothered mounting it on the sides. I'm missing the bumper mesh on the driver (correct) side as well... Anyone know where I can get a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by andersg View Post

been busy spending money on my newly broken tooth, expensive as hell.
                              Any photos ?

Sorry, I'm a bit giddy on a Friday evening.

Car looks great, nice wheels, what tyre size ?

Comment

Lol! No, I looked like a bank robber. The lady in the house did not aprove.

I am trying to convert the car back to cruise control ATM.
                                This thread helped me alot:
                                http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30136

I managed to get the stalk together again, after having it exploding in my face with springs and small plastic bits everywhere. Nightmare! Got it together after some help sponsored by google, but now my driving lights and indicators won't work I'll check the fuses, if that doesnt work I will try to rebuild the stalk again.

The tires are 215/35/18 on 18x8.5" Twist all around. The are nice temperarely wheels

Comment

Working...
                                X