No announcement yet.

My first Audi. RS2 from Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely RS2, always loved the twists on B4's, but why the 215's????

Comment

Thanks It's getting there. The 215's where on the wheels when I bought them, I'll either trade for 17"s later on or switch to 225/40 on the Twists.

Comment

Finally got my faul code reader! Had to test it right away, there was quite a few stored codes after me wrenching like a monkey. Got "no codes" all the way after deleting, except for the SRS/Airbag system, wich is full og fault codes

SRS codes:
        01025: malfunction indicator lamp faulty
        0588: Airbag ignition circuit - driver side - N95
        0589: Airbag ignition circuit 1 - passenger side - N131
        0590: Airbag ignition circuit 1 - passenger side - N132

There was one more as well, forgot to take picture of it The 0589 and 0590 is mainly because someone changed to the wrong passenger airbag with only one ignitor, as mentioned before. I'm on the hunt for a bag with two ignitors, but so far it has been a difficult search.

Progress has been made in the interior, the cruise control stalk is back in and retrofitted to the stalk collumn that was in the car. The wiring and sensors at the pedals was allready in the car, but I'm missing the control box in the engine bay etc.

Allso got new brakepads, only to discover the Audi parts nr til Porsche parts nr-guide was faulty Ended up with pads for Big Reds. Oh well, they where an easy sell and new EBC Yellow Stuff for Small Reds is on it's way

Comment

Few pics!
          Cruise control stalk in the making:

Don't know what this is called, but I propably need a new one. I can spin this endlessly. Isn't it supposed to only go 3 rounds and has to be centred before mounting?

Need to rebuild the servo pump as well, the wheel is not running straight.

Parts nr for Big Reds:

See through label!

And my friends tricked out V70. 2.0L five cylinder turbo, manual and well equipped. Makes a nasty five cyl sound and pulls pretty good.

Comment

Well, the RS2 is finally on plates and I've enjoyed it the last two days. I haven't bothered getting a new N75, i'm only getting 0.4bar of boost right now. Need to get my priorities straight and fix it!

Had a small fire and melted a few inches of wire on both sides of the main airbag loom contact, just below the relays in the cabin.

Other than that it's missing allmost all the exterior trim (needs paint) and the alignment is all over the place. The timing belt is allso on overtime, so it's back into the workshop after this weekend. Just need to get some miles to make it all feel worth it!

Comment

The RS2 is slightly on the backburner due to new house and a lovely 2008 Volvo S60 diesel. Got hold of a funky set of Strosek's the other day, 17x9" ET50, fits perfect.

With some locals on a sunday ride.

Comment

Hi.

Nice to see more people take care of this oldtimers Any news since last post?

Comment

Hi Smb, plenty of news actually!

Complete timing belt job with waterpump and some gaskets + new cam sensor (finally got my boost back)
                  Lots of bushes incl. motor- and trans mounts from 034
                  3" downpipe, soon to be complete exhaust
                  H&R Monotube coilovers
                  Both radiators + all hoses and thermostat is new
                  And the best part, new KKK 26 billett special.

Pics to come!

Comment

Nice to see.

Was it cam sensor-failure that made it go into limp mode (low-boost)??

I also did the timing belt job, on one of the two i own this spring, with new tension roller and new toothweel on the crank, waterpump, thermostat.
                    where did you buy the trans-mounts? I also want to change those on the two I own. One of them is chipped and it feels like the gearbox moves a bit when accellerating and specialy when i step off the pedal after hard acceleration. I'm thinking to go for the street density mounts...

And also where did you buy the downpipe? Or did you make it yourself? I want to buy the 034 3" stainless downpipe, but I don't know if it fits properly... I already have the rest in 3" stainless made by ferrita to be mounted. But I'm missing downpipe and cat... Bought it used on finn.no

Comment

It was the cam sensor, yes. Pretty weird problem, as far as I know the engine wont start with a bad cam sensor. Even so, I drove allmost all summer in limp mode and it was super reliable. Changed the cam sensor when doing the timing belt, and the boost was back.

Trans mounts from 034, same with the downpipe.

Theres been some progress since my last login as well, finally got myself some OEM Cup1's. Unfortunately powdercoated black, on the bright side they came with good Federal RSR's. K26 custom billett turbo is in, all new hoses and radiators, engine mounts, H&R Monotube etc.

First testmount, have raised it slightly since then.

Now with refurbished OZ Strosek 17x9" with Toyo R888.

And latest: new discs in the front.

Comment

Sorry bud. The twists looked sooooo much better.
                        If your going teledials then at least use the proper ones.

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                        96 URS6 plus speck estate
                        94 2.6 80 Avant
                        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                          Sorry bud. The twists looked sooooo much better.
                          Agree. One of the best looking wheels on an Audi UrS (S2, RS2, UrS4/S6) and if you have 5 x 130 hubs and can run OE Porsche Twists and not aftermarket 5 x 112 copies, so much the better.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I have grown out of any other wheels as the original look. The veloce I have are the best choice on 18 inch as well. Very light too

Comment

Good looking wheels and car looks wide on it
                              Audi Urs4 2.2T Albert K26 Turbo
                              Audi 80 B4 quattro 2.2T 10v
                              Audi V8 4.2 Manual +LPG SELL
                              Audi A6 C4 2.5Tdi
                              VW LT28 2.0 r4 55kw Fire vehicle

Comment

Twists are way too boring for my taste, everyones opinion is appriciated any way
                                I'm a sucker for rare wheels, and the Stroseks tick all the right boxes.

Comment

Working...
                                X