X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Space is tight' is also known as 'fits like a glove'

Good progress, gonna be a mean machine!

Comment

anymore informatioin on the shifter and what the cable part does?

Comment

Originally posted by add View Post
        Tbh,i never knew that 10v cq's didn't have a RARB...that had to be rectified immediately so i knocked up a franken-rarb setup using a v6 farb,some universal brackets and bushes,adjustable droplinks and some plate steel i had knocking about,i also had to weld some pickups on the rear shock tubes.
        Where did you get the universal brackets??

Liking your work!

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
          anymore informatioin on the shifter and what the cable part does?
          It's one of the "coolerworx" shortshifters Biturbo on here was selling recently,the cable part operates the lock-out pin,so for six speed gearboxes with a lift reverse HTH
          It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
            Where did you get the universal brackets??

Liking your work!
            Good old Ebay I just searched for universal anti roll bar brackets in the size i wanted and hey presto...they were'nt dear...about 20 quid from memory,time will tell how the bushes hold up though...

Comment

Did I miss it Add? What is the V8 out of?
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Its the abz out of my old coupe Alex.

Sent from apollo 13 using tapatalk
                1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

I am watching with interest as I can see a V8 in my coupes future
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Good old Ebay I just searched for universal anti roll bar brackets in the size i wanted and hey presto...they were'nt dear...about 20 quid from memory,time will tell how the bushes hold up though...
                    looks like these ones
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post

I am watching with interest as I can see a V8 in my coupes future
                      off topic but I have a question for you and I could not find your thread to ask when I searched on my mobile.

The later gearbox you fitted to your car, what would that need doing to fit it into a b5 s4?

and thanks add for replying about the shifter

Comment

Ok,so a slightly overdue update as i didn't get to the workshop last saturday due to a few too many pots of ale on the friday night
                        I managed to do a bit this saturday gone though.
                        At the moment the main focus is on getting things together in the engine bay,mainly pipe work.The turbo pipework is all tacked up now,i just need to get hold of some more v band flanges for the Tial wastegate.
                        I opted to run the driver side bank to the turbo via the front of the engine,space was too tight round the back for my liking,it would have also interfered with the downpipe later down the road,also i ditched the idea of joining the two banks at the turbo flange itself,instead they run onto a y pipe which meets the flange,this also allowed a good position for the waste gate,so perhaps not ideal...but it was always going to be a bit frankenstein
                        I also got the cross member knocked up,nothing fancy really,and pretty simple.
                        I tried to keep it as close to the engine as possible so i wouldn't have to butcher the bumper when the intercooler is bolted on...no such luck,mr grinder came out to play
                        Passenger side mani with the snail attached to it...

Driver side...

Link pipe all offered up...

Couple of the intercooler and cross member...

Whats left of the bumper

I'll update as more happens,although it may be a bit slow over the next couple of weeks until i've recovered from chrimbo financially

Comment

nice project but it was not possible to move the turbo behind above the engine, such as a V6 2.7-3.0 TDI ?
                          than you woud have equal length exhaust pipes to the turbo
                          i think you gonna have some flow loss with the larger right exhaust pipe
                          oh well,you always go to make more power with that turbo
                          audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                          TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                          AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
                            nice project but it was not possible to move the turbo behind above the engine, such as a V6 2.7-3.0 TDI ?
                            than you woud have equal length exhaust pipes to the turbo
                            i think you gonna have some flow loss with the larger right exhaust pipe
                            oh well,you always go to make more power with that turbo
                            I did think about it,but the turbo is huge and theres a lot of obsticles back there,i'd likely have to cut the bulkhead to make room aswell,equal length pipes would be great but it would be a lot of work...i'm not too worried,it will work,there was always going to be some degree of compromise

Comment

i will follow your project
                              audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                              TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                              AEM W/M injection

Comment

Looking good mate. I've got a link for those tial flanges if you've not found some already.

What's the plan with the intake? Are you going to try and get the original one to work?

You be got so much more room to play with having the rad in the back. Will you be wrapping the crosspipe? Probably worth a bit as I think you'll get a fair bit of cooling on that long run accross the bumper which will be wasting a bit of spool I reckon.

Keep it up, it's like watching your first child move out and grow up! Haha.

Sent from apollo 13 using tapatalk
                                1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Working...
                                X