10v CQ to V8 Turbo CQ Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kieron20V View Post
    Looking good mate. I've got a link for those tial flanges if you've not found some already.

What's the plan with the intake? Are you going to try and get the original one to work?

You be got so much more room to play with having the rad in the back. Will you be wrapping the crosspipe? Probably worth a bit as I think you'll get a fair bit of cooling on that long run accross the bumper which will be wasting a bit of spool I reckon.

Keep it up, it's like watching your first child move out and grow up! Haha.

Sent from apollo 13 using tapatalk
    Cheers mate
    That would be a big help if you have,they don't seem to be the easiest of things to source.
    Hopefully yes,i'll be using the original intake,just need to figure out how much effect the stacked gaskets have effected it's position in relation to the heads,that and i'll have to come up with a solution for connecting the charge pipe to the throttle body what with the brake master in the way.
    It's made a huge difference putting the rad in the boot,so much more space,and i also lose some weight off the front end of the car,piping it up should be relatively straight forward aswell.
    I'll be wrapping the link pipe and driver side pipework for sure,infact i'm expecting to spend a fair bit on various types of heat shielding etc what with all the hot bits being so close to wires and pipes etc

It's a sad day when you realise your first child has moved out and started on a course of steroids
    It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/shop/...te-p-3025.html

http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/shop/...te-p-3024.html

1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Nice one mate

Comment

WOW it seems you're an artist ! Very impressive works & talent, i'll follow this thread.

tof
          sigpic

Comment

Some inspiration....

Nissan stagea V8 turbo build

1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

In this picture:

The sway bar goes to the center of the control arm. In Ekta, it only shows these stamped control arms and sway bar mounting on FWD coupes. Is that front sway bar 22 or 26mm? I wonder if that, sway bar control arm mounting, could be used on the center hole in the cast control arms?

Greg W.
              They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe View Post
                In this picture:

The sway bar goes to the center of the control arm. In Ekta, it only shows these stamped control arms and sway bar mounting on FWD coupes. Is that front sway bar 22 or 26mm? I wonder if that, sway bar control arm mounting, could be used on the center hole in the cast control arms?

Greg W.
                From memory it's 26mm,not sure if it could be used with cast arms,i guess that would depend on the size/position of the hole for the mounting

Comment

Nice project!
                  P.S. Why not 4.2 Biturbo?

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

To answer the question why no go bi-turbo,a big single is relatively cheap and easy in comparison imo,and i've always wanted a turbo the size of a dustbin lid under the bonnet

Comment

Any news Add?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                        1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Originally posted by Kieron20V View Post
                          Any news Add?

Not a great deal to be honest,i've got a few more bits done,the project is hanging in the balance at the moment,i'm seriously considering getting shut of everything and heading on to b5 s4 ownership...i'm really hankering after a quick practical car that can be used daily

Comment

This is not good news.

1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Its not an easy decision to make i wont lie as its actually starting to look like a car again,engine wise it's really close,even then im gonna need 5 grand or so to get it done,plus i could really use a change of car,im torn

Comment

Keeping the faith...

Well i've decided to keep the faith with this project as i will never forgive myself if i don't get it done
                                So here's whats been happening of late;
                                Everything is finally where i want it pretty much,so chucked the clutch in,fitted the prop and front shafts,for those interested the clutch is an SRE item from a urs4.

Treated myself to a new lid...my old one is sh*te
                                what a difference is all i can say,i'm really impressed for under £100 aswell,decided to test it out on the daily's knackered exhaust...nice to see what i'm actually welding for a change

Although i was a happy teddy said daily car apparently wasn't and commited suicide by way of spontanious combustion...i still have no idea how the fire started,all i know is it was electrical and started in the door shut area,very strange considering it's been sat there for two weeks with what i thought was a flat battery...

Moving on,i noticed the manifold flanges were fairly warped (admittedly i should have checked first) to the point they would struggle to seal properly.I looked at milling them flat but due to the shape of them would be a pain to clamp.
                                So,i mooched down the metal shop for a slab of box section and picked up some cutting discs for the 9" grinder...

Cleaned up the flanges,cut out the joining pieces and bolted them down

Welded them back up and checked for flatness...all good

Thats the manifolds 80% done...still waiting on wastegate flanges from turbo dynamics after over a month

Comment

Working...
                                X