No announcement yet.

10v CQ to V8 Turbo CQ Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you planning to make changes inside the engine(compression ratio) for the turbo or are you going to ride with low boost(0.5 bar)?
    audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
    TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
    AEM W/M injection

Comment

Got the link pipe heat wrapped as well as the driver side manifold,decided to add a flexi joint in the link to allow for movement.

While in the area installed a trigger wheel on the crank,mainly for ease of access and the fact the current gearbox would need drilling out for the vr sensor and brackets making etc,it will no doubt need fettling for run out etc,but thats a job for another day

Also got a bracket made up for the remote oil filter setup,looks like this;

Got it in place and made some lines up for the oil cooler which sits neatly behind the front grille

Found some time to lob the bonnet and bootlid back on...

Took a jolly out to pick up a heated screen (Cheers James )

Finally got round to fitting my shifter,here it is sat on the bench;

Ran some bolts through from the bottom and tacked them in place,the idea is i can access and remove the shifter from the top should i need to

Had to enlarge the holes where the shifter rod bolts in the ally bracket (which also needed a little trim to stop it fouling)

A lick of paint later and in she goes,still need to trim the bolts down though

And one from underneath

Had a play about with brake calipers as i keep tripping over the bloody things
      Yes the colour is not to everyones taste,and yes they are s2 brakes,this setup is a stop gap until the car is fully up and running,then it's big brake time

I've also been making a mould up so i can make a fibreglass shroud for the rad ducting,basically it's made of mdf,the corners smoothed out and painted a good few times so it's sealed,last time i walked out the workshop i chucked a coat of wax on it

That's pretty much it for the time being,going to get some more bits ordered to get the underneath of the car done,stone guard the sills and get wheels chosen and bought
      It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

Originally posted by quattro-nick View Post
        are you planning to make changes inside the engine(compression ratio) for the turbo or are you going to ride with low boost(0.5 bar)?
        The engine has already had the compression lowered via stacked gaskets and arp's

Comment

great update ! waiting for more now :-)
          sigpic

Comment

Nice update
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Well,another update...
              Been tinkering away on and off for the past couple of weeks,the turbo is finally in along with the wastegate,the flanges for the wastegate took two months to find their way to me but better late than never i guess.
              Also got the brakes 90% done so i'm a step closer to having a complete hyraulic system,the only snag at the moment is that the goodridge brake lines i got are too short on the rear brakes,not by much,but enough to make them useless without a little rethink,some 90 degree brake unions should sort it out i think.
              Also got some braided fuel line and AN fittings and adaptors to get the lines run under the car.
              Got a ton of other stuff aswell to keep me going for a bit,which is good thing because it's rinsed my bank balance a wee bit
              Anyway,enough babble,time for pics

Making the rad shroud...

All done,not too bad for a fist attempt at working with fibreglass,one of the outlets for the ducting is slightly on the wonk but i didn't notice till it was too late...it won't be seen but it still bugs me

Decided to get rid of a particularly annoying design feature of the brake dicscs,the fact theres no screw to hold the disc in place when working on the brakes etc

Fronts done

Turbo,wastegate and manifold in progress...

And in they go...

I had to tweek the cross over pipe which was annoying considering it was all wrapped ready to go but it all fits nicely now.

Decided to get a couple of new toys:

All in aid of getting some of this lot together

Theres still a few more bits i need (as there always is) but it should keep my busy for a bit,next expenses are finishing the fuel system (tank/pump etc) and getting the cooling system piped up from front to back,going to start having a look at ecu's in the not too distant aswell.
              Peace out

Comment

Sweet. Wastegate screamer pipe, or will it get plumbed in to the exhaust?

Good to see you stick with it and crack on.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Originally posted by Kieron20V View Post
                  Sweet. Wastegate screamer pipe, or will it get plumbed in to the exhaust?

Good to see you stick with it and crack on.

I think i'll pipe it back to the exhaust tbh,not really keen on screamer pipes,the exhaust will be loud enough
                  Yeah,i'm pleased i got the idea out of my head of quitting,i guess i just had one of those moments when the dummy gets spat out

Comment

Did you weld the vband on to the turbine housing? Looks like you've had it coated too...?

1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Did you weld the vband on to the turbine housing? Looks like you've had it coated too...?

Yeah,was pretty interesting welding something thats already preheated,will see how it holds up,theres a lot of mixed opinions on how to weld turbine housings
                      Ceramic coating is a bit up-market for me just a blast of vht paint...

Comment

Got a bit more done at the weekend,mainly working on the downpipe and wastegate piping,although i didn't want to go with a screamer pipe it's going to be right git to do it any other way,i was going to join into the downpipe but it's too tight between the subframe and going under the subframe would cause ground clearance issues.
                        On a side note the chop saw was a very useful purchase,it was a doddle to cut all the bends,only downside is cleaning the burrs out of the tube once it's been cut.
                        Anyway,some pics...
                        All tacked up

Down round the driveshaft (don't worry the wires aren't staying there)

Connected up for a trial fit

Wastegate pipe

Ready for welding

Thats where i left it on sunday,should be back at it this weekend,also got a few more bits to finish up the brake lines and yet more stainless bends to get the rest of the system put together.

Comment

Coming on nicely.
                          What size pipe are you running? Can't remember if that V band was 3 or 3.5".

Looks awfully tight around the tierod, have you checked it at all steering angles etc.

1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Coming on nicely.
                            What size pipe are you running? Can't remember if that V band was 3 or 3.5".

Looks awfully tight around the tierod, have you checked it at all steering angles etc.

It's 3",yeah the v band is 3.5" but it seemed like a shame not to use it,just bought a 3-3.5" reducer,i guess it's a tiny bit less restrictive like this aswell.
                            The pics are a bit decieving tbh,the downpipe bends around it more than it appears here,but yes it's been checked lock to lock and it fits nicely,granted it's still close

Comment

Well,it seems i've not updated this thread for a while but there has been progress over the past few months,at this moment in time the exhaust is finished,pretty much everything in the engine bay is done,i now have an ecu and wiring loom 90% wired in ready to go.The car now turns over on the key,i'm just working through some electrical gremlins (the joys of pulling a full wiring loom out)
                              Also got a few other bits done like trims,screen,rad ducts etc
                              At the moment the focus is on getting the coils and injectors wired up and finishing the fuel system.
                              Anyway,pics for amusement...
                              I think last update we were somewhere here:

Welded up...

Got the zorst done

Also got myself a new daily,i can't tell you how good it feels to be back in an 80

Got the rad shroud and ducting done

Engine bay shot just because

slowly making sense of things in the front

Made a brace for that big old snail...

Trial fit the screen

prime it all up

and stick it in

So hopefully in the next couple of weeks i can get the fuel system finished up,finish up the wiring,make a few tweeks here and there and look at starting the old girl up

Comment

Good man. Really looking forward to getting this going. Done a cracking job.

This just looks like it was supposed to be there.

1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Working...
                                X