No announcement yet.

AAN Inlet Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, thanks doug, i'll wait till i get my hands on it to get a better idea of everything

martin

Comment

Hello!,

I think Martin is away now. However, if you have a redundent 3B or ABY inlet manifold (not RS2 Doug as that would be too expensive), would it not be possible to remove the bottom section where it meets the pas pump and graft it on the bottom of the AAN manifold. That way you get the correctly shaped bottom to clear the pump. Sure its not optimium but any loss in volume must have bee accounted for in removal of the access tubes. You could then use the top of the 3B/ABY manifold which is flat to fill in the side of the manifold.
      Just thinking aloud. The other thing that no one seems to have tackled is at the rear where the manifold is not symmetrical with the front. Surely Audi didn't just put a step for fuel pipe clearance. On the other hand they have put in those pesky restrictive access tubes on every manifold!

Comment

I'll need to look at that closer to see if it is possible but it would be getting close to manufacturing a new chamber form scratch!

I might look into spacing the manifold out using feet from a spare manifold - see if that would work and clear the PS pump.

MOving the power steering pump means new lines for it as well - it all adds up!
        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Sod that lot, it would almost cost as much to make a 'AANABY' manifold as it would to buy an MTM or Dahlback one??
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
            Sod that lot, it would almost cost as much to make a 'AANABY' manifold as it would to buy an MTM or Dahlback one??
            LOL thats what I have been trying to say......BTDT, if I could turn back time I would have bought one and took the stick
            Mark - Modded

Comment

What for? your dodgy welding or spending the cash!!
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I have spent nothing on my manifold so far - I just need to get it mounted and things shifted - that is a lot cheaper than £1k minimum for MTM or dahlback manifolds.

It is a lot easier to do after the first person does it - Cheers Mark. And cheers to Mihnea for the manifold and fuel rail.

I had th ePS pump off today - if I loose the front engine lift bracket the pump can be mounted a lot lower down. The rear mounting bracket can be chopped off the top and a new one mounted down and behind the pump. That should save a lot of room and then it will be close to fitting - I'll find out more this weekend.
                S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                  What for? your dodgy welding or spending the cash!!
                  Mark - Modded

Comment

ROTFLMAO, nice one Mark. You ought to keep me sweet mate!
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Agreed its a lot of work but i'll be doing it at work so will be getting paid whilst im doing it lol
                      anyway i dont have money to 'throw away' on an mtm etc manifold.

martin

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
                        Agreed its a lot of work but i'll be doing it at work so will be getting paid whilst im doing it lol
                        anyway i dont have money to 'throw away' on an mtm etc manifold.

martin
                        LOL just thought this must the longest WANTED thread ever, have you got one yet?

Mark.
                        Mark - Modded

Comment

lol, yeah robin has one for me.

martin

Comment

Can anyone direct me as to where i can locate an AAN manifold from?
                            Thanks
                            Issam N. Abed
                            iABED Industries
                            iABED Email | Facebook
                            The build thread

Comment

Working...
                            X