No announcement yet.

Air Fuel Ratio - Web Link to a gauge ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Fuel Ratio - Web Link to a gauge ?

While I'm not going to use bleed off valves or standalone engine management, I still would like to install an Air Fuel Ratio gauge to monitor this aspect of my ABY engine.

It can be white or black faced, with a black bezel - No chrome. Similar sized to the oem three small gauges in the centre console.

Can be be digital, if it's better.

Also wanted one for intake air temperature ?

Also where should the senders be mounted for these two gauges ?

Thanks.

Others will say different but with this and the relevant other parts you can view and log up to 4 pieces of information (possibly overkill):

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/LCD/LCD.shtml
    Shane

Comment

Shane.

Thanks for the link.

Mark and myself are supposed to be getting a Zeitronix kit to share between us to assist with both our cars being custom mapped, so may wait, but was still curious to know what small, comparatively inexpensive, gauges were out there that I might be able to install myself.

Also have not bought a new turbo just yet, and so while the car is being run in / driven with the orignal K24, I can't get it custom mapped as no point, so wanted to keep an eye on the air / fuel and the intake temp on the current set up.

Probably should add exhaust temp gauge to the list as well. to make it an even three.

Not quite in the right thread, but in relation to three small gauges getting set into the three vents at the top centre of the B4 dash, a metal or plastic version to allow any three gauges into place would be very handy.

For radio DIN sized opening in say old Mk 1 / 2 Golfs there is a small flat piece of inexpensive plastic that allows three of these size gauges to be set into the radio opening. Something similar for our cars would work a treat and sell loads worldwide. Maybe Bambridge could do one ? Hopefully he sees this thread, or someone brings it to his attention.

I never use those centre vents.

The individual aluminum ones on e-bay are nice, but work out dear if you want three.

Btw, UrS6 Avant or S2 Avant as per your signature ?

Regards.
      Last edited by macspring; 28 December 2011, 12:27.

Comment

The Zeitronix seems to be the kit to go for, Prj posted a link to a cheaper alternative that you can buy assembled or build yourself. For ease of use the Zeitronix looks the business, you can buy the basic box for plugging into a laptop and data logging, what anybody mapping the car will want to plug into to monitor AFR, exhaust gas temp probe is optional as are a few other sensor inputs. For output you can buy the LCD display or a round gauge for the dash, either is optional. It aint cheap though when you add up all the bits.

It may not be something we need to buy as whoever maps the car may bring there own kit to plug in, or may not even need it at all. Its usefulness to us is limited is the only reason i haven't gone any further with it.
        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Mark, I see.

Makes the gauges even more of a "need" now.

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54934

Avant hunt continues..
            Shane

Comment

Thanks for posting Shane

David PM me and I will try and make a december sale price
              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

There's also the VEMS Round gauge. AF and EGT and datalogging + a few other things!

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=AFreshTiny

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

I bought one of these the other day, reviews ive read look good and its all in one so theres no separate wideband controller to hide away.
                  1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Innovate MTX-L

sorry
                    1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Purely on aesthetics the AEM wouldn't look too out of place

Holder

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...3500#post13500

I am almost there, just wideband to get, and then relocate the shiflight.

Are you going to get one with a simulated narrowband output for the ecu and use the stock location in the downpipe or get a new boss further down?
                      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

I use a AEM, as do many other people I Know.

The one PRJ mentioned requires building but is atleast on paper a very good looking piece of kit.

Comment

Working...
                        X