Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifying Motronic 2.3.2 ECU hardware and software.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by prj View Post
    bosch did not envision 2+ bar boost i guess
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Hi,

looked closer at this fueling sub procedure. I could find two enrichment maps. One (8dbo) is 2d and enriches depending on coolant temperature.

The other one is depending on coolant and air-temperature. There is even a third one, when 77/78 is switched at the beginning of this procedure. It's nearly the same 3D map except one value?!

Greetings

Comment

• Now all you have to figure out what they actually do and when they are used, as well as how enrichment is calculated
        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
          the 87C257 has a tri-state latch
          I've often wondered how you deal with this chip. When tuning an ecu with this chip, do you just erase/reflash the same 257? Can it be read/written with a latch adapter board? Can it be replaced with a 256 and latch adapter board?

Thanks,
          Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapn.K View Post
            I've often wondered how you deal with this chip. When tuning an ecu with this chip, do you just erase/reflash the same 257? Can it be read/written with a latch adapter board? Can it be replaced with a 256 and latch adapter board?

Thanks,
            Steve
            i cannot tell you as to why audi chose that chip. when tuning the ECU most normally use the latch adapter board on the boost side with a moates ROM emulator. once finished tuning the binary is normally burned to an SST27SF256 or SST27SF512 chip EEPROM chip. the 256's are getting a little hard to come by but the 512's are plentiful. all you have to with the 512 is burn the chip starting a offset 0X8000. a car ECU reads a chip backwards in a sense so you have to have the binary start in the middle of the 512 chip and go to the end leaving the beginning to the middle blank.

As for the timing/fuel side no latch adapter is needed. just add a socket to the board and use an SST27SF512.
            "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapn.K View Post

Thanks,
              Steve
              Bosch used the chip so that they could run the I/O lines multiplexed, as otherwise it would not have fit the board.
              I personally use a latch adapter with an emulator for tuning and write the end result to a 87c257...

Comment

• Ive been looking at the 4A0 907 551 C binary for the rev limiter and i think i may have found it at 0XA37C. using the info on rev limiters from the motronic.ws web site i think i have successfully calculated the rev limiter.

to figure out the rev limiter you have to locate the binary at 0XA37C and 0XA37D. in the case of the 551C file the hex is 97 and 03. you have to take the 97 and convert it from hex to decimal. 97 converted to decimal is 151. the math goes like this to get the actual real world rev limiter, 983600/151=6513.907284768212. so this makes the rev limiter on that file 6513.90. the value of 983600 came from the motronic.ws web site for the RS2. using the 983600 value is considered a short cut to get the rev limiter. i dont exactly understand the math on there using the whole 16 bit hex code to get the rev limiter. if someone could elaborate on that method of doing it that would be great.

Comment

• Good sleuthing. Only one problem: The rev limiter is more like 7200 in my experience.
                  RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                    Good sleuthing. Only one problem: The rev limiter is more like 7200 in my experience.
                    ahh good look, i was using an automatic 4A0 907 551 D file for comparison too. The 551 D file is from an automatic and i read several places that the rev limiter was around 6500 RPM. im tired and i've been trying to figure this out all day. maybe input the automatic values by accident, if not its back to the drawing board.

Comment

• Originally posted by vwnut8392 View Post
                      ahh good look, i was using an automatic 4A0 907 551 D file for comparison too. The 551 D file is from an automatic and i read several places that the rev limiter was around 6500 RPM. im tired and i've been trying to figure this out all day. maybe input the automatic values by accident, if not its back to the drawing board.
                      I suspected a mix-up and checked to see which ECU was the automatic one. Not 551C but 551D. 6500 for the autobox sounds right.

Here is a list compiled by Dmitri ("prj") on the S2Forum (who has cracked most of the Motronic codes)

"AAN Motronic ECU Part Numbers:
                      551A early UrS4 with pseudo dizzy and 8k boost chip
                      551AA UrS4 non-immo, Europe and America
                      551B UrS4 same as 551AA, but auto
                      551C UrS6 incorporates all software updates from RS2, different codebase, more diagnostics
                      551D UrS6 same as 551C but auto (see photos at the end of this post)
                      551E UrS6 has a small tweak to fuel on cold start
                      551F UrS6 same as 551E but auto.

AAN Motronic ECU Device List and T55 pin-out with hyperlinks:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21009.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                        551A early UrS4 with pseudo dizzy and 8k boost chip
                        551AA UrS4 non-immo, Europe and America
                        Will the early urS4 engine (originally equipped with 551A) full boost with 551AA ecu?
                        5vtq gte

Comment

• Originally posted by Val View Post
                          Will the early urS4 engine (originally equipped with 551A) full boost with 551AA ecu?
                          Of course, does not make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by vwnut8392 View Post
                            Ive been looking at the 4A0 907 551 C binary for the rev limiter and i think i may have found it at 0XA37C. using the info on rev limiters from the motronic.ws web site i think i have successfully calculated the rev limiter.

to figure out the rev limiter you have to locate the binary at 0XA37C and 0XA37D. in the case of the 551C file the hex is 97 and 03. you have to take the 97 and convert it from hex to decimal. 97 converted to decimal is 151. the math goes like this to get the actual real world rev limiter, 983600/151=6513.907284768212. so this makes the rev limiter on that file 6513.90. the value of 983600 came from the motronic.ws web site for the RS2. using the 983600 value is considered a short cut to get the rev limiter. i dont exactly understand the math on there using the whole 16 bit hex code to get the rev limiter. if someone could elaborate on that method of doing it that would be great.
                            Hi,

I posted an equation in Post 143. Solve the equation to get the conversion factor (by knowing the real world rev limiters of manual and automatic transmission).

Unfortunately i haven't seen the code piece yet, which actually loads the rev limiter word. I guess its loaded via the dptr but i didn't find any hardcoaded pointer (close) to this eprom position.

Byebye

Comment

• Originally posted by -ice- View Post
                              Hi,

I posted an equation in Post 143. Solve the equation to get the conversion factor (by knowing the real world rev limiters of manual and automatic transmission).

Unfortunately i haven't seen the code piece yet, which actually loads the rev limiter word. I guess its loaded via the dptr but i didn't find any hardcoaded pointer (close) to this eprom position.

Byebye
                              I noticed that a while back also i read about the conversion on http://www.motronic.ws/revlimt2.htm. on that site they refer to the RS2's rev limiter. using the information on that site in reference to the AAN's rev limiter of 7200 RPM the first 2 hex bits should be 0X88. the issue is there is nothing in there with 0X88 in the suggested area where the constants are. im not sure if the rev limiter for the RS2 is the same as the AAN.

basically i did this, 983600/7200=136. 136 is decimal and converting that to hex makes it 0X88. im lost, this is getting very frustrating, ive been working on this for months with no progress.

Comment

• I don't know what you're doing there

If you assume 0x9303 is a 7200 rpm limiter you have to solve

convfactor/(X*2^Y) = 7200

with X=0x93 and Y=0x03 to get the conversion factor. You can check the conversion factor by calculating the limiter for the automatic hex values.

Bye

Comment

Working...
                                X