Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifying Motronic 2.3.2 ECU hardware and software.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These 6 maps don't have a same shape, so I think each means something different!

And we should reread the post of prj #391. It tells the max of the throttle position.

Daniel

Comment

• Hello,

how does acceleration enrichment on motronic 2.3.2 work? Is it TPS based and will enrich for a certain time?

Best Regards

Comment

• Enrichment i probably read somewhere here, that enrichment is not triggered by TPS but by some kind of maf signal progression,ramp rate. I found few tables which have influence on enrichment, but its bit try&error to set them enought well.

And i would like to ask also, did anyone know/found some minimum IGN advance limiter , is it in a block of data where revlimit ect is or its separate table?

Comment

• Ok Guys so i feel a bit stupid here among u genius's. i am owner of a aby s2 for 18 years and has done for the first time an upgrade to my baby.Can anyone point me to where i can find a file for my upgrade- Garrett Gt2871r, 630cc siemens deka, tube manifold, down pipe. I have fitted Perfect Power piggy back which is awesome for me to tune myself. i can do anything from boost to fuel to ignition. I feel however that if i had the correct standard motronic map i would not have some simple issues, like my fuel consumption indicator being wrong etc. Can anyone help with a good map at 1.4bar for my setup?

Comment

• Oh yes i am from South Africa and no one here can help me as they are very rare cars

Comment

• I dont know if anywhere is file tuned on similar setup for download. But in your case, i would try to download and flash 551B file, which is stock RS2 (say tuned S2 from factory) without immobiliser. And finetune it by piggyback. The boost chip you can probably leave alone, car doesnt have check engine light, so no stress about it for you.

Comment

• Ok but my injection map will still be to rich causing my fuel consumption indicator to under read. Also if i ever have a piggy back failure the car wont run unless i re install the standard injectors. and yes i dont need the boost map. I have the means to flash the eprom

Comment

• I will just leave this here. your welcome everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by -ice- View Post
                    how does acceleration enrichment on motronic 2.3.2 work? Is it TPS based and will enrich for a certain time?
                    At the V8 I had the impression that one map is used depended on the throttle opening speed, possible that I'm on the wrong path because I didn't catch the right function of the map :-D

Comment

• Originally posted by 2fast4U View Post
                      I will just leave this here. your welcome everyone!
                      That's a lot better quality than what I have.
                      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• i did a little bit of labeling and fixed some of the non legible labels and traces i could confirm by tracing on an ECU. I labeled all of the pins at the ECU connector, put part numbers with the hardware and labeled what hardware is what to the best of my knowledge. If anyone finds any errors let me know and i'll fix them.

Last edited by vwnut8392; 18 December 2017, 02:21.
                        "The really good drivers got the bugs on the side windows." Walter Röhrl

Comment

• fork the m232 repo on github, commit it and submit a pull request.

Comment

• i was looking into adding the 0-5v signal from a wideband controller into the ECU for dimitri's high speed data logging but alas all of the analog inputs on the motor processor are used up by the added features like clutch switch for NLS, the MAP sensor input for speed density and the race fuel map switching tables. i turned to the boost processor and there are 2 analog inputs available but the problem is they are tied to the ground pin on the processor and this trace is under the processor so it is not easily accessible to the average person. one would have to remove the processor, cut the ground trace with a razor blade right at the processor grounding pin than make a separate cut in between processor pins 14 and 18 to separate them.

i was looking at S702 again in the schematic but i dont understand it specifically. it looks like the inputs there are simple switching inputs like when grounded they set a bit in RAM from 0 to 1. my idea was to move the clutch switch and the map switching to these inputs which would free up AN4 and AN6 on the motor processor. i have already conducted a test on the bench using AN5 for my 0-5V wideband input from a jimstim engine simulator and it matches/works perfectly. im sure AN4 or AN6 would work fine for this as well. when i used AN5 i had to enable ECU pin 43 with jumper than remove R663 0 ohm resistor to lift ground off the circuit.

so, does anyone know how the inputs connected to S702 work and if it can be used for the map switching and NLS enable? im looking at adding a 0-5V input for wideband to appear in the data logging and make it universal to all wideband controllers. so for i have confirmed that AEM uego and innovative LC-1 will work with this configuration. maybe dimitri will chime in and give some input on this idea. i attached a picture of the boost processor removed with a pick tool pointing at the trace that disables the last 2 spare analog inputs.

Also since we are sharing now here is a link to my google drive with ECU related documentation. in there you will find the data sheet for the processor, some other misc info about the motronic 2.3.2 function, ECU schematics, high resolution photo's of both motor and boost boards, a diagram of the ADC chip, and in the aftermarket folder there is info on converting to HFM5 MAF sensor and my now obsolete wideband lambda input for data logging conversion.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xP?usp=sharing
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.
                            Last edited by vwnut8392; 20 December 2017, 21:47.

Comment

• The NLS and the map switch don't have to be on analog pins.
                              There are IIRC 4 free logic level pins, many of them already wired to the Motronic connector, a free PWM output and so on.
                              Those are realized through the I/O extender.

When I needed more analog inputs in the past I made use of them.

The problem is, some of them are short to ground via 0 ohm resistor and so on, so I used the analog inputs for the coding plug and the MFTS, because those are present in all ECU's and ready to use without making any modifications.

You can always use the Lambda input, but the logic parsing it will have to be rewritten.
                              I'd say easiest way is to simply use a wideband that is supported by WinLog, such as Zeitronix or 14point7.

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
                                The NLS and the map switch don't have to be on analog pins.
                                There are IIRC 4 free logic level pins, many of them already wired to the Motronic connector, a free PWM output and so on.
                                Those are realized through the I/O extender.

When I needed more analog inputs in the past I made use of them.

The problem is, some of them are short to ground via 0 ohm resistor and so on, so I used the analog inputs for the coding plug and the MFTS, because those are present in all ECU's and ready to use without making any modifications.

You can always use the Lambda input, but the logic parsing it will have to be rewritten.
                                I'd say easiest way is to simply use a wideband that is supported by WinLog, such as Zeitronix or 14point7.
                                i totally agree that your solution is the simplest without a doubt. you say that some of the logic level pins short to ground, well i would think anyone that is using your speed density BIN files would be able to make a small mod to disable the ground on a chosen input because they have to be able to perform the mod to get the MAP sensor signal to the motor chip processor. i understand your solution using the zetronix wideband but i was just looking to expand the capabilities of your setup so it could be used with any wideband controller. what im not sure about is how they I/O extender is accessed for these pins in the code. i get the analog inputs as they are really simple, their just 0xBE 0xinput pin #. super simple on motor chip. I'd like to try and move the map switching pin to the I/O extender on ECU pin 42. im not sure yet what needs changed on the board if anything for that pin but i did take a quick look at the schematic and the ECU i have been cannibalizing and it looks like that doesnt have a 0 ohm resistor on it.

I have been working on a dash and everything for the logging in tunerproRT as well. i know there's such a thing as too much function but i was looking at keeping everything contained into one nice and neat package in tunerpro. I attached a picture of the dash i modified for tuner pro. i made tuner pro XDF's that are friendly with metric and imperial units of measure too along with options to display boost in KPA and PSI plus display the air fuel on AFR or lambda depending on what the end user is comfortable with. im still running my cars on VEMS at the moment but i will be converting my S6 at least back to a motronic now so i can work with your developments.
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X