bermbo 18z claipers on a b3 coupe quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bermbo 18z claipers on a b3 coupe quattro

So i am building up a 400hp car and i have always known that I would need to upgrade the brakes but I was going to cross that path when I got there. However, I have just come across some Brembo 18z callipers form a Porsche caman I believe, they are £350 so quite resizable however I am not sure if this is the way to go, I don’t know how much work it will be to fit them. I know I will need a adapter plate for them to sit on but I’m unsure where to get some and how much that will cost, I also know I will need new discs, pads and brake lines, but I’m not sure if that is it and if a stock b3 brake master will run them (it does have abs) also I don’t think that they will fit in my stock wheels.
    I know a lot is just a case of getting bits and pieces but I would like to see what you guys all think as im sure you have seen this done once or twice I have looked throw a bit of stuff but most was for the urs4 and b4.
    thanks for the read

There are adapters out there for 18Zs. IMHO they are not a good caliper choice as the adapter is a compromised design to fit the B3/B4 and the calipers weigh a ton. Add the weight of large single piece discs and 18" wheels you'll need to fit them you have a huge increase on unspruing mass. IMHO the Porsche 996/996 4 pot and 6 pot calipers are a far better choice.
    People fit 18z and 17z mostly because they look big and impressive and they are cheap.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

996 fitting guide
      https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Ok that’s fine I guess I’ll keep my eyes out for a set of 996 calipers.

Comment

I believe that the 996 use the rs2 adapters as well so if anyone can tell me where I can get some of a good price it would be much appreciated

Comment

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...4-323-a8-discs
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Will 996 calipers work with 17” wheels?

Comment

Yes
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

still running the same gt2 6 post and 993 tt discs setup. over a decade now

Comment

on a b3q you need to run 5cyl ball joints for some brackets or you cannot tune the wheel properly.

Comment

What do you mean sorry mate?

Comment

ok i was looking out for some calipers part number 996 351 426 i beleve this is 996 and boxer front calipers but i have found a set of 996.352.421 with i think are rears are they of any use to me or should i wait for some 996 351 42? (i dont realy know how they differ)

Comment

IIRC the carrier for the 6 pots and big 4's catches on the inside edge of the wishbone with the 4 pot balljoints. maybe just bracket design.

rears tend to only accept narrow discs. you need as big as you can get under the wheel with these heavy cars.
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

You need 996 351 425/426 - these are 996 or Boxster S front calipers. Or go with the larger 996 351 429/430 996 TT/GT3 four pots.
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

ok i have some calipers and now need discs and pads. i have got some discs from a audi a8 1997 323mm by 28mm i seam to recall that these discs worked i need some pads and the springs if anyone might have a good number for them the porsche ones where not crossing over. and also i've seen that there is a dampning plate that gose in the calipers is this required or just just help noice?

Comment

Working...
                              X