Audi 80 b4 tdi avant brake carriers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 80 b4 tdi avant brake carriers

Hey all, My b4 80 avant (not an s2) is just having the yearly mot challenges haha and I need new brake carriers front and rear. The garage have found some that need to come from Germany which is fine, but I feel bad for them having the car stuck there for weeks. Does anyone know of any in the uk? I can't seem to get the part numbers off 7zap but I wonder if these were used on lots of other cars? Many thanks in advance for any help!

I don't understand why you need new ones? They are cast and normally clean up well. New boots and stainless pins with fresh grease and they will be like new.

If you really want new, try brakes international.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

That's how garages make their money, selling customers parts they dont't really need and the wildly inflated labour on top.

The fronts are super common Girling 54's, the rears vary a bit year to year.

There's almost certainly nothing serious wrong with the calipers fitted, they just need the pistons popping out ang a good clean.

Edit.. Just read the first post again, the carriers are pretty much indestructable so why they woud want to change them is beyond me. Just clean them and they'll be fine.
      Last edited by K Simmonds; 13 October 2023, 19:21.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

If you do actually need new carriers, which sounds quite strange to me you can take a look at TRW Aftermarket.

https://www.trwaftermarket.com/en/ne...-and-carriers/

Comment

Thank you so much to both of you, I really appreciate it as I know you are both experts. I'll see if I can take a look at them.

Comment

5cylinderman Many thanks also and that's brilliant. I'll investigate further first.

Comment

Originally posted by sjp001 View Post
              Thank you so much to both of you, I really appreciate it as I know you are both experts. I'll see if I can take a look at them.
              No problem, happy to help out.

I've done countless amounts of brake services and only have had to replace a carrier a couple of times on very old cars where they had corroded past the point of safety.

1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I have these surplus to requirements, PM me if they’ll work for you.
                Attached Files

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

I'd try and take the car to another garage before shelling out....

Jase

Comment

Many thanks for the help! Newsh thanks very much but it looks to me like those are rear carriers and it seems to be the fronts that are harder to come by. I'm going to speak to the garage later so hopefully will sort something out.

Comment

If you have no luck, I can hopefully overhaul them for you for the cost of parts and postage.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by sjp001 View Post
                        Many thanks for the help! Newsh thanks very much but it looks to me like those are rear carriers and it seems to be the fronts that are harder to come by. I'm going to speak to the garage later so hopefully will sort something out.
                        Yes they're rear ones

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks all the same Newsh!

Dave that is a legendary offer as always and thanks so much! However there's no way I would take advantage of your generosity and expect you to work for nothing! I'm sure I can sort something out closer to home - at least it's a simple issue.

Comment

No problem. It wouldn't take long. 10 minutes in the blasting cabinet, two coats of HEL caliper paint and oven bake to cure.
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                            X