Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rotoryboy
    Cool - thought so. I'll look at the 306-308mm. Thanks guys
    The calipers need to be machined to suit the smaller disk size, If you make the disk smaller then you will get the pads hanging over the side of the disk....

I would get a pair of seat Cupra RS caliper brackets ( as posted else where on the brake section) and try it for your self.

I got a set of braided hoses for mine from Auto Hose in Stoke £48 all in including poatage. I will find the number. two for the front and two for the rear.

Have a look at the brakes threads including:
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...8&page=3&pp=15
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2592
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=738

David

Comment

Disc size is not the culprit. The caliper is.

I fit tested both the 314 and the 323. The caliper stays in the same place using the same RS2 caliper carriers with the 996 front calipers. So if you have a wheel that will fit over the caliper, then it will fit over either rotor.

Greg
      They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe
        Disc size is not the culprit. The caliper is.

I fit tested both the 314 and the 323. The caliper stays in the same place using the same RS2 caliper carriers with the 996 front calipers. So if you have a wheel that will fit over the caliper, then it will fit over either rotor.

Greg
        I think David was referring to a suggestion made previously to move the calipers inboard & resize the discs accordingly.

Interesting to hear that 323 discs will also fit - I think PeterP suggested this some time back also.

Looking back at my old pics, it's clear that with the 314 disc, the pads overhang the disc - so I guess with 323 discs, the disc will overhang the pads by ~3mm.....no big problem there!

David - have you actually found these Seat carriers ??? I'd be gutted if you can buy 'em for £24 - seeing as I had to pay well over a £100 for my RS2 items ! Even more so seeing as the seat dealer told me

"There is a seat bracket though, used on the cupra R vehicles. p/n 1ML 615 421. It is however £95.89 each...... And there is no way to check if its the same size without ordering one in....."
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair C
          Looking back at my old pics, it's clear that with the 314 disc, the pads overhang the disc - so I guess with 323 discs, the disc will overhang the pads by ~3mm.....no big problem there!
          Alistair,
          That was exactly the reason I checked out the fitment of the 323X30 rotor. Both the 314 and the 323 have the same total rotor height including the hat.

I also noticed the pad overhung the outside diameter of the rotor, and had quite a gap away from the inside diameter. But I did come across something interesting when I did the fitup. The 323 rotors' outside diameter matched the height of the steel backing plate for the pad. This meant the rotor itself rubbed on the center section of the spring clip. Gee, what was I going to do. I slightly bent the 4 arms sticking out from the center of the clip, downward. This allowed the pads to be contacted by the ends of the spring clip, but raised the center section away from the rotor. Worked well.

Now the pad is center on the wear area of the 323 rotor vs hang pass the outer edge of the 314 rotor.

Greg
          They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Working...
          X