No announcement yet.

Big Brake upgrade??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i called camskill. i thought it was a person then realised it was a company. what an idiot. anyway after one guy called Will bought some discs they've sold loads! I've got to call them Tuesday and they.ll order some. all need now is flex i and some quality brake fluid. might make it round the ring yet

Comment

Haha I should be on commission! I've had loads of friends order them now. You'll have them by weds too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
      1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

[QUOTE=geryS2;665852]Regarding rear brakes upgrade, what s a bolt on setup upgrade for a S2 avant ??

i hear it s actually easyer to do one on a S2 avant than an RS2 due to the hanbrake,

Best rear brake upgrade on a avant is the B6/B7 300mm set up, it's a direct bolt on job and it make a huge difference. I also had that set up on my avant with the Porsche mono blocks and it was really good braked level and stopped on a dime.
        Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

[QUOTE=Big Lee M;665976]
          Originally posted by geryS2 View Post
          Regarding rear brakes upgrade, what s a bolt on setup upgrade for a S2 avant ??

i hear it s actually easyer to do one on a S2 avant than an RS2 due to the hanbrake,

Best rear brake upgrade on a avant is the B6/B7 300mm set up, it's a direct bolt on job and it make a huge difference. I also had that set up on my avant with the Porsche mono blocks and it was really good braked level and stopped on a dime.
          ok, thanks for info, but with which caliper ?(porsche monoblock also at the back ?) and 300MM B6/B7 are from front or rear ?

any info or thread related ?

thanks again
          S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

Can normal B4 front 280x22 mm discs and single pot calipers be used on the back of a sedan/avant? Without the cable handbrake, of course. I have some suspension parts and form what I can see the distance between the mounting bolts of the carriers is the same front/back.

Comment

I just placed an order for 8 grove on camskill, I couldnt find the product on their site but after contacting them they have these listed

323mm:

8 Groove: ÂŁ99.95 http://www.camskill.co.uk/m13b0s744p80173/

12 Groove: ÂŁ139.95 http://www.camskill.co.uk/m13b0s744p109236/

16 Groove: ÂŁ149.95 http://www.camskill.co.uk/m13b0s744p109237/
              Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

I am looking to swap the original BIG-red calipers on my RS2 for Monoblock's because of the constant maintenance those old Big's need, are the Porsche GT3/996TT calipers a straight bolt on to the brackets and the original 323 discs or should I use the 996 C4's?
                '95 RS2

Comment

GT3 / 996TT are a lot bigger than your Big Reds, they have a different mouting bolt spacing and they are designed for thicker discs.
                  You want the normal 996 / Boxster S calipers, which should be a straight swap IIRC
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

So I should use 996.351.425 and 996.351.426. I know these fit on a s2 with s8 discs and rs2 calipers, so they should fit the 323 big red discs of the RS2 without problems? I thought the rs2 discs are too thick for these calipers?
                    '95 RS2

Comment

I meant rs2 brackets not calipers
                      '95 RS2

Comment

Working...
                      X