X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lloyd View Post
    Yep, I'm fairly gutted too....

I paid £416 for the pair from Audi with 25% discount - this was the cheapest price
    for genuine punched I could find anywhere.
    £416!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i bought mine from Utzon.se. they were german made, looked exactly like OEM and had this protection layer to keep them away from rust..

Front 304x32 1149SEK
      Front drilled 1153SEK
      Rear 299x24 936SEK
      Rear drilled 1901SEK

Full front kit for 322x34 disks include:

2 front-disk (drilled i think)
      4 bolts to the caliper
      4 screws for the Disks
      2 Adapers between hub and caliper

6166SEK

One thing i've learned we are way behind the Scandinavians!

Comment

Originally posted by lind4hl View Post
        i bought mine from Utzon.se. they were german made, looked exactly like OEM and had this protection layer to keep them away from rust..

Front 304x32 1149SEK
        Front drilled 1153SEK
        Rear 299x24 936SEK
        Rear drilled 1901SEK

Full front kit for 322x34 disks include:

2 front-disk (drilled i think)
        4 bolts to the caliper
        4 screws for the Disks
        2 Adapers between hub and caliper

6166SEK

Yeah they are Zimmerman disks as sold by GSF

Comment

a
          bcj

Comment

Rear cross drilled disks

Hi All

apart from the zimmerman rear disks did anyone find an oem porsche alternative, Happened to be in my pals garage this morning and he had a 2005 boxter on the ramp, Rear disks looked a very close match (within 2 mm) Hat height lloke to be 2mm less than that on RS2 which is easy solved by 2mm spacer behind alloy caliper backplate, There is plants of room for a couple of mm. With the crazy prices from audi its worth looking at all alternatives

Cheers Paul
            1995 RS2 Nogaro
            1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
            1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Comment

Hi,

I have Porsche 928 S4 drilled disks on the rear of my RS2 with Boxter S Callipers. Needed custom brackets but its a perfect fit. These discs are a straight swop and fit the standard set up also.

I have GT3 callipers on the front with Porsche 911 Turbo S discs, again custom carriers.

Great upgrade and now use porsche parts throughout and no corrosion issues...

Regards

Paul

Comment

Rear Disks

Hi Paul, thanks for the info

I'm assuming that these are the zimmerman disks as I did not believe according to this thread that porsche made drilled disks for the rear of 928's. To keep the original look and to match the fronts I'd prefer a disk with the 'more holes' look, The boxter S disks still look like an option worth investigation

If I'm wrong then please let me know

Cheers Paul
                1995 RS2 Nogaro
                1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
                1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Comment

Hi All

Done a bit more digging, Rs2 rear (Drilled V's Boxter S)

Both Same size 299 x 24,

Disk offset 71mm for RS2 (From drawing in this post) V's 67 for boxter, Could be fixed by spacing out ally part of carrier 4mm, Plenty room there to do it, Has to be, same arrangement on boxter (Wonder if the handbrake works on that one ?). This also takes care of caliper mounting so could still use standard or monoblock caliper.

Centre hole size is different, 103 for RS2 v's 98mm on boxter, Dont thing this matters as disk is located on the outside of the hub

Last thing to check is whether the hub diameter on the rs2 and that of the boxter is the same, This I don't know but will be able to measure the RS2 hubs as I have the disks off, Does anyone know the size of the Boxter hubs or have a boxter disk to measure ?

Any help appreciated, £175 for disks and pads is a hell of a saving over £520 from the stealers

Paul
                  1995 RS2 Nogaro
                  1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
                  1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Comment

Just use Zimmerman drilled discs
                    The hat height is an issue as you would need new caliper carriers with or without afaik

Comment

Hello everybody,

On my RS2 i have of 304x32 but not original

the former owner had put ventilated discs and drills, probably the zimmerman but I do not like these disks as they wear out very quickly, what is the best brand you recommend? you know "SEBRO"? this brand-correct?

as brake pad there are also marked "textar" and "Pagid yellow" and "blue PAGID" ... which do you recommend?

Thks

Comment

IMHO for orsche brakes, discs from Porsche are by far the best. I have used aftermarket on all other cars I had, and in most cases, the price difference is worth the little peformance or reliability loss. But not with Porsche. Their discs are so much better, they are worth the money. If you drive normal way, an from time to time have to brake from 200 to 100, you won´t recognice that, but if you have to kill it down from 200 to 100 some 5 or more times, every other disc gives it up. May the Porsche be a little more expensive- they outstand every aftermarket. Wheen needing a new aftermarket one, the Porsche still is at half time.

Comment

Genuine Porsche Front RS2 (little red) 304x21 Drilled Disc Part Numbers?

Originally posted by alg View Post
                          This has just been posted on yahoo RS2 forum and I think it deserves a wider audience. I take no credit and cannot verify all correct. However it comes via owners who have sourced and fitted these options.
                          I had to transfer original excel to word so its a bit compressed.
                          I want to buy ASAP a set of front Genuine Porsche "Little red size" - drilled front discs with the size 304x32.

Can anyone help me with a Genuine Porsche Part number?

Comment

RS2 Brakes - Anti Rattle- Anti Vibration Plates?

Originally posted by alg View Post
                            Re insulators/ damping plates /anti vibration plates. Get this !! I have just got a set though quattro corner (thanks Pete) for the big red OEM caliper. Audi have put a sticker over the porsche sticker !!!! PORSCHE NO 951 351 089 03 (porsche 968 M30 option brakes).
                            Price £32 per item (you need 4) Porsche indep price £23 per item.
                            Is this the front callipers only or the whole car?

Is this for 'Big Reds' only, or can i fit them to 'Small Reds' up front?

Comment

So in two years nobody has left a response? lol

To go over this again, I think I have 'little red's' on my RS2.

I had already bought a set of rear drilled Genuine RS2 discs, I love them and they just went on no issues

My front discs are needing a change asap, they are ventilated, but not drilled. I want to buy a set of drilled front Porsche Discs, can anyone provide me with the front discs part numbers?

Someone mentioned that the 968 Club Sport front drilled discs fit straight on?

What is the actual difference on the RS2 'big reds' and 'little reds' is it the calliper difference, the disc difference or the calliper carrier difference?

Comment

Good to see you're still about / have the car. Haven't seen your name pop up as a poster on here in a while.

Small reds are for 304mm discs and big reds are for 323mm.

Vented drilled discs do look cool, but solid vented discs will last longer.

Here is the info from Audi Tradition. Obviously too dear.

http://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Selec...ISC&model=0001

See this link below for additional info, the result of my random search on-line, no connection to the seller whatsoever.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-Porsch...4/311320433311

Try Euro Car Parts and see what they can do using the oem part number.

If ATE or Zimmerman do them, they might suffice. They will be cheaper than the Audi dealer.

Not sure if a Porsche dealer can help as there may be an issue with the centre 'bore' fit ? Can't remember the proper name to describe this particular spec of the rim.

There are a good few threads on here about these discs and brakes, which will be better than my reply.

There is a company in the UK called "Big Red" who would be able to tell you all you need to know.

Now could be a good time to upgrade to 323mm as they would look better than 304mm behind the rims, 304mm will be fine unless you live in a mountainous area. AK Motorsport do upgrade kits, which would allow to sell on your existing front brakes.

HTH.

Comment

Working...
                                X