This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macspring View Post
    Good to see you're still about / have the car. Haven't seen your name pop up as a poster on here in a while.

Small reds are for 304mm discs and big reds are for 323mm.

Vented drilled discs do look cool, but solid vented discs will last longer.

Here is the info from Audi Tradition. Obviously too dear.

http://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Selec...ISC&model=0001

See this link below for additional info, the result of my random search on-line, no connection to the seller whatsoever.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-Porsch...4/311320433311

Try Euro Car Parts and see what they can do using the oem part number.

If ATE or Zimmerman do them, they might suffice. They will be cheaper than the Audi dealer.

Not sure if a Porsche dealer can help as there may be an issue with the centre 'bore' fit ? Can't remember the proper name to describe this particular spec of the rim.

There are a good few threads on here about these discs and brakes, which will be better than my reply.

There is a company in the UK called "Big Red" who would be able to tell you all you need to know.

Now could be a good time to upgrade to 323mm as they would look better than 304mm behind the rims, 304mm will be fine unless you live in a mountainous area. AK Motorsport do upgrade kits, which would allow to sell on your existing front brakes.

HTH.

Thats so helpful, thank you so much!

The chap on Ebay you posted the link, are his discs original OEM or copies? Im guessing that that he is selling them as a pair? ( My Germany is awful)

Maybe I buy the custom mounts so I can wear the 322mm discs, that sounds a plan! I don't want to make the car 'un-original' so I would rather do that than buy 996 brakes etc.

Do you have a link so I can find where to but the mounts to mount my 'little reds' on 322 discs please?

.....lets get my baby back on the road. :-)

Comment

Working...
    X