Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Master central locking switch, possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mdz has used this thread to explain how he did it. I'm just finding now that there are different switches that one can use

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Can someone tell me which is the correct colour cable to take the light from?
      My electrician connected everything but unfortunately got the Unlock button to not only unlock but also turn the light of the switch on. So I need to rectify this somehow. Thanks

Comment

Red/blue from electric windows harness. Then it will lit up and go out with electric window buttons illumination.

button pinout

Pin 1 +12V
        Pin 2 ground
        Pin 3 illumination
        Pin 4 lock/unlock signal output. Connect to pin 2 on lock actutor.
        Last edited by M2ki; 25 December 2016, 18:34.
        1989 Audi 80 Quattro
        1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post

It has 3 wires - red/black (+12v), brown (ground) and green/blue or yellow/blue (goes to CL pump). If you push in or pull out rod that's on top of doorcard, switch inside actuator connects +12v or ground to wire that goes to pump thus opening or closing central locks.
            I took these three wires and connected them to button - +12v to pin 1, ground to pin 2 and cl pump wire to pin 4
            Anybody tried this on a 3B?

I've got the switch installed and pre-wired, but when I came to connect it to the actuator I found that both the red/black and the green/brown wires had 12v on them , with the ignition off and door unlocked. Is this right?

There is also sign of somebody hacking into the gree/brown wire, possibly an old alrm installation. central locking works normally though.

sigpic
            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Mine was a 3B and it worked fine... I followed the same instructions...
              Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
              S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
              '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

On a streak today to revive old threads
                Won't connecting the button while keeping the actuator connected cause a short when pressing the button?
                Example : door pin is up and you press the lock button. won't it cause a short and burn the fuse?

The only way to connect the button without a relay is to disconnect the actuator altogether?

Comment

It will cause a short.
                  1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                  1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Working...
                  X