• Show
Clear All

Got no reverse lights!

Comment

Byt the fuse is fine?

Comment

No power to fuse 12 any ideas guys

Comment

reverse lights are on fuse 12 circuit. reverse switch is on the gearbox
          Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by betterwith4 View Post
            No power to fuse 12 any ideas guys
            If you don't have power *INTO* fuse holder S12, then you might have an ignition switch issue. S12 is feed from the "15" power bus that is switched power, i.e. no power until the switch is turned to on. MORE info and second diagram under this first one:

Here is a bit more detail. The power from S12 goes to the M4 reverse light switch, as expected. However, it also goes to:

1. the G5 rev counter (tachometer) via the T26a instrument cluster connector on pin 16

2. [83] which is the black/blue power feed wire in the F76 Multifunction Temperature Switch (MFTS). Info link: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/22584.phtml

3. [91] which is a black/blue wire feed into the J166 auxiliary instrument cluster (Oil T, Oil P and Volt) lamp voltage amplifier, via pin 6 on the T6w connector.

Attached Files
            RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

So what powers the number 12 fuse? Iv run a wire from my ignition directly to fuse 12 and my cars running fine i got it back from catterick to leeds (60 miles give or take) but of corse this isnt a solution just a way around a problem for now ... so i need to find out what powers up or allows power to flow through fuse 12 ... please keep it simple terms im not familiar with the whole s12 j15 etc haha i will be in time

Comment

So what powers the number 12 fuse? Iv run a wire from my ignition directly to fuse 12 and my cars running fine i got it back from catterick to leeds (60 miles give or take) but of corse this isnt a solution just a way around a problem for now ... so i need to find out what powers up or allows power to flow through fuse 12 ... please keep it simple terms im not familiar with the whole s12 j15 etc haha i will be in time
                Check your other thread on the related topic. I suspect that the issue is the X-contact load reduction relay has stuck in the wrong position and somethings are not getting power.

The 213 above and to the right (in the photo) of the 208:

Comment

Its not 213 i just replaced it last night made no difference "/ got electrician coming out for me tmoz so i WILL let u know the problem once hes found it and hopefully if anyone has this absolutely horrible dumb *** problem itll be right here for them to help out haha

Comment

Its not 213 i just replaced it last night made no difference "/ got electrician coming out for me tmoz so i WILL let u know the problem once hes found it and hopefully if anyone has this absolutely horrible dumb *** problem itll be right here for them to help out haha
                    Too bad, I had hoped that it would be as easy as a dodgy 213 X-contact load reduction relay. Please let us know what the final solution is so we can archive it for future issues.

Comment

Will do thanks for all the suggestions. . Who knows i may just have missed something haha ill keep u all posted

Comment

Update!!!!! Cars fixed low and behold it was a transistor inside the clifford alarm system box that wasnt allowing power to flow through ... bridged it over to cancel it out cars back to normal what a joke hahahaha cheera for all your help guys i can probably safely say i know my electronics insode out with the places iv had my head etc

Comment

Posted 4th march

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                          Maybe the alarm immob has died?
                          Get rid of the alarm, it's a piece of ****

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Hahaha i cant agree more!!! So pissed off with it

Comment

Update!!!!! Cars fixed low and behold it was a transistor inside the clifford alarm system box that wasnt allowing power to flow through ... bridged it over to cancel it out cars back to normal what a joke hahahaha cheera for all your help guys i can probably safely say i know my electronics insode out with the places iv had my head etc
                              Thanks for updating the thread with the cause.

Always appreciated by the people who sought to assist and helpful as a useful reference thread for someone else in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                                Thanks for updating the thread with the cause.
                                Always appreciated by the people who sought to assist and helpful as a useful reference thread for someone else in the future.
                                Agree. Next time somebody posts a "No ignition" post, my response will be "Find and remove that cr@p aftermarket alarm/immobilizer that you have and report back".

Comment

Working...
                                X