Comment

so does seal=gasket

Comment

You got it Dan
          Chef

Comment

so on that pic wot is 2a is that a bush ne ideas

Comment

ETKA says its a round seal, But its included in the water pump kit by the looks of it
              Chef

Comment

Yes from memory the seal comes with the pump.
                Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

ofirmed

the seal COMES with the pump. for sure,......
                  japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
                  www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                    @Greg_S, 7A and 3B motors use the water pump to adjust tension, on ABY and ADU's its the idler pulley thats used to adjust belt tension.

Can anybody confirm what is needed to fit an ADU water pump in an ABY, is the timing belt different etc?

Mark.
                    ADU Pump should fit straight in if memory serves the pulley is smaller so impeller turns faster hense better cooling
                    Quattro Corner Audi OEM Parts

Comment

An old thread to be replying to but I'm stocking for a cam belt change and wondering about a few parts on here and a few not.

Does the Thermostat Seal come with the mentioned thermostat? as per the water pump seal?
                      Is the water pump something that can be reconditioned easily rather than replaced?
                      Is the crank pulley on the list the main crank one at the bottom end?
                      Has anyone the oem part number for the tensioner pulley?
                      Where can I get these parts in the north west area, iv managed to find some at my local motorfactors, unipart and alike but not all.

While I have the belt off is it worth changing the cam chain connecting the cams on my almost 170k mile S2? Is there much risk in this one failing or if it wear causing mistiming? Also if i do change this has anyone the part numbers of what i would need for this job? And is there anything else i should consider checking or replacing while im up to all of this?

Thanks.

Comment

Some amendments/updates to the ABY part numbers after visiting my local Audi dealer and watching them click away on the computer diagram thing that looked useful, unfortunately for my bank they dont know me so it was expensive. They told me some have been superseded and iv added the relay roller with p/no.

Timing Belt - 054 109 119H > no change
                        Crank Bolt - 034 105 229A > no change
                        Water Pump - 054 121 004AX (Exchange) > no chnage
                        - Bolts to fit - N 010 247 8 (x2) > no change
                        - Bolts to fit - N 014 717 2 (x1) > 014 717 6
                        - Seal - 035 121 043 > in with pump
                        Crankshaft Oil Seal - 034 115 147 A > 054 115 147
                        Thermostat - 069 121 113 > no change
                        - Thermostat Seal - N 901 368 02 > no change
                        - Bolts to fit Thermostat housing - N 010 218 6 (x2) > n 911 512 01
                        Crank Pulley - 034 105 263A > no change
                        - Bolts to fit Pulley - N014 726 3 (x4) > n 014 726 15

Optional

PAS Belt - 034 260 849E T - 12.5x1030mm (V Belt) > 034 260 849E
                        A/C Belt - 034 260 849 - 12.5x915mm (V Belt) > no change
                        Alterator belt - 034 903 137B - 14.24x888mm (Ribbed) > no change

Relay roller > 078 109 244 F
                        - Bolt for roller (x1) > n 010 240 41

Comment

This might be of use for 3B owners. My shopping list for my timing belt renewal:

Parts that you won't need are the 3x spring washers and screws 2 thirds of the way down, these are for the PAS pump pulley (mine are broken), and the last 3 items (cam cover screws, ARB bushes and wishbone bushes).
                          The rest should be every nut and bolt you need bar the alternator belt (I just renewed mine) and the PAS belt which they couldn't get at all, but eurocarparts can supply a Conti belt.

Comment

I didnt know they would exchange old water pumps, better stop chucking old ones out
                            91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                            93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                            94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                              I didnt know they would exchange old water pumps, better stop chucking old ones out

Comment

Dredging up an old thread here.

Can someone please give me the 'general rule' for cambelt replacement on the ADU engine please?

I had the cambelt changed, along with the water pump and tensioners in February 2009 when I bought the car (almost exactly 25k miles ago).

Without physically checking condition of the belt (I haven't) would I be OK to assume another couple of years on this belt at 5k miles a year? Have other areas that need financial input at the moment....Aron's lower door strips and a potential suspension overhaul included....

Ta

Comment

Working...
                                X