X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who said anything about a decimal point! :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
      Davey, there's something wrong with your G40 description, it is not only used during startup!!!

Try to drive your car on full boost after starting it up and disconnecting the G40 and then tell me how it drives after you hit 4600 RPM, mmkay?

Cheers,

Mihnea
      Obviously know more about the Motronic ECU than almost everyone. I was only going from experience, i.e. under normal driving, tootling around (read below 4600 RPM), if the cam sensor fails (CEL comes on) you can keep driving (perhaps with less power above the stated RPM) and drive the car home or to a shop. HOWEVER, if you pull over to the side of the road and turn the engine off (to pull codes, etc.) you are done. The engine will not restart without the cam position sensor.

I will revise my understanding of the G40.

And PS, I don't need the "Davey". He's the guy with Gumby and Pokey.

Dave F.
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Have you got the contact details for this company so we can put a post details for people.

thanks

Originally posted by UrS4boy
        You never said what the code was. On a AAN the cam position sensor (CPS) (which is only used by the ECU during start up to provide a signal that the engine is turning over and so the the ECU can safely fire the FP relay), the fault code is 2113.

Not that you want to hear this now but two things:

1. You do not (at least on an UrS4) have to take the entire front end off to do the CPS. You do need to take enough off so you can get the cam sprocket off (with the cam belt zap-strapped to it so nothing moves). On a S2, there may not be enough clearance to do this trick.

2. I posted here recently that you (the entire S2 community) can buy just the hall sender portion for less than 10 pounds from a firm in New York city. I did a group buy for my Vancouver BC Canada club and bought 10. With shipping included they were CDN$12.13 each (about 5 pounds). I suggested somebody on the S2 forum should do a GB but nobody took it up and the thread died. It should be in the engine forum.

Hope this instigates a GB because the stealership prices are stupid.

Dave F.
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
          Have you got the contact details for this company so we can put a post details for people.

thanks
          The contact URL is in my first post, at the top of the thread. However the precise details are:

Luciano Oliveira
          BB Automacao - New York Office
          http://www.bbautomacao.com
          nyc@bbautomacao.com

Hope this helps somebody.

Dave F.

Comment

Guys, I can get the Bosch one for around £70. It is on my account so I havent recieved an exact price yet, but it is a good deal cheaper than Audi

Le Mans 2012
            Nurburgring 700
            1995 S2 Avant

Comment

Jamo, where did you get your Bosch hall sender from?
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                Jamo, where did you get your Bosch hall sender from?
                GSF

Comment

GSF Part no?
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

There is no gsf part number you have to order by the bosch part number

Comment

Got a price today from Bosch dealer for 0 232 101 020 £73, Audi dealer for 034 905 161 £125

Couldn't get gsf website to give ma a price on a bosch p/no

Comment

Originally posted by ericd View Post
                        Got a price today from Bosch dealer for 0 232 101 020 £73, Audi dealer for 034 905 161 £125

Couldn't get gsf website to give ma a price on a bosch p/no
                        BB Automacao is US$10.35 each (about 5 GBP). US$83.80 for 10 units in a group buy.

http://www.bbautomacao.com/Hall-HME-GTS.htm

Makes that Bosch/Audi bracket look REAL expensive.

Comment

I would be in for one if we do a GB.
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I will take 2 at that price (£5 each).GB please ...anyone else??
                            93 S2 Avant Parting
                            91 URQ RR
                            02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

?

Oh, alright, i'll have two at that price, for the modded 7a head...
                              Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Can someone of the metalwork gurus on here knock up a bracket that works with this sensor from BB Automacau so that it can make a more suitable drop-in replacement part - as opposed to drilling out original rivets on the factory item and general fiddling about.

Have many AAN users actually used that CDN$5 part with success already ?

Paul
                                Paul Nugent
                                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                                X