Clear All

Can just see it...

"My turbo has a bigger shaft than yours "

AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by twoqu
      Hi!
      Thanks for that!
      Could i ask you one more favour. Can you do the same for the Audi K24. Think thats something like 5324 970(988?)7001. The reason I ask is that if we can see the actual part numbers of some of the components we can work out any differences. Another debate is whether the K24 used a smaller dimeter shaft. I suspect not.
      This sure beats taking things apart to find out!
      Just for reference, this has a 1.80 Inch outlet, same as UrS4/S6/S2. The K26 I listed from the 5000 has a 2.2 inch outlet, same as RS2.
      I'm going to check the Porsche 944S specs also.

Comment

OK guys, I have been madly trying to obtain a 944S turbo, but cannot come up with one. For all that don't know, this is a K26 with a #8 turbine housing (70+mm turbine). Anyway, I can get access to many regular 944 turbos and check it out for comparions with Audi K24 and k26 units.
        In the mean time, I have actually acquired the RS2 compressor wheel, back plate and compressor housing and will be installing these along with a rebuild kit onto K26 5000 turbo (200 in Europe). I also fell into a Garrett T04E Stage 3 with K26 turbine housing for cheap, so I will be trying these to turbos soon. I also will be getting a Borb Warner catalog soon also, so I may be able to supply some part numbers for those who need them soon.
        Regards,
        ezveedub

Comment

I'd like to have every kkk catalogue you can supply, thank you

The K26 used in 5000's does not use the same turbine nor outlet size. K26 has 55mm and RS2 unit has 54mm.

K26#8 with big enough compressor (say around 52mm) would probably be quite good turbo to exceed the 400hp mark. The Porsche #8 turbine has also 55mm outlet but dunno if the wheel is the same as in Audis with #6 55mm.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
            The K26 used in 5000's does not use the same turbine nor outlet size. K26 has 55mm and RS2 unit has 54mm.

K26#8 with big enough compressor (say around 52mm) would probably be quite good turbo to exceed the 400hp mark. The Porsche #8 turbine has also 55mm outlet but dunno if the wheel is the same as in Audis with #6 55mm.

If I am not mistaken, I checked my K26 outlet to a new RS2 unit, and they were the same size.

As for the k26#8 units, I couldn't get my hands on one to check it out, but I believe the turbine close to 70mm with the same outlet size. My friend reworks the 944S turbo to come on faster than stock K26#8.

Regards,
            ezveedub

Comment

broken turbo

Here you can see a few pics of my broken turbo:
              http://www.audi90.ch/turbo/
              It's from Dupré Motorsport. I don't know if it's a RS2-turbo or a Hybrid. There are a lot of numbers engraved.

Here you can see pics when he was new:
              http://www.audi90.ch/main/racing/
              http://www.audi90.ch

Comment

Here's a list of K26 turbos with the dimensions of the compressor wheels:

K26-2664 Urquattro 10V (200 PS)
                exducer: 66 mm
                inducer: 42 mm

K26-2667 Porsche 944 (220 PS)
                inducer: 44 mm

K26-2670 Porsche 944 (250 PS)
                inducer: 46 mm

K26-2672 GGCAA RS2 (315 PS)
                inducer: 47mm

Comment

And for those as impatient as me, the answer! The RS2 housing has an addittional oil gallery to the rear. Presumably to aid lubrication of the turbine end. The screwdriver indicates the angle. I'll have to see if I think this housing is suitable to use. I was just going to use the other one as it had no history of leaking.
                  However, I like things to be well lubricated!
                  I have a K26 from an Audi 200 10V Turbo. It also has the additional oil gallery. It's 100% identical to the RS2 housing.
                  KUND.-NR.: 035145703L
                  GRÖSSE: K26
                  ATL.-NR.: 87 163 2557
                  AUSF.-NR.: 5326 970 6411

Comment

This shot shows a comparsion between the back of the RS2 comp wheel and the comp wheel from the hybrid. Notice that the RS2 one has had one machining operation performed on it. The hybrid wheel has had a few touches of the grinder applied to it.
                    Another point of interest is that the RS2 comp wheel is domed whilst the hybrid K26 is flat.
                    @twoqu

What are the messures of the comp wheel from the hybrid? Are there any numbers on it?

Comment

I just get confused. Wanted to order RS2 turbo and Audi dealer(stealer) give me the number which brings the question:
                      which one is the right one?
                      034 145 703 D or 034 145 702 B
                      I need HELP!!

Comment

Tom,

It's listed as 034 145 702B unless its been superceeded by another part number.

Comment

Originally posted by tom View Post
                          I just get confused. Wanted to order RS2 turbo and Audi dealer(stealer) give me the number which brings the question:
                          which one is the right one?
                          034 145 703 D or 034 145 702 B
                          I need HELP!!

RS2 turbo is KKK5324-970-7200 (also seen 5324-988-7200 listed)
                          Audi Part number is 034 145 703D (earlier RS2 listed 034 145 702B)

'copyright P Nugent source previous post method search'
                          Alastair
                          RS2

Comment

It's all in here somewhere!

Comment

But as i have been informed by Audi dealer that the one with number 034 145 703 D is watercooled, is it OK?? What is the difference between this 2 numbers and can i replace my S2 turbo with any of them??

Comment

The 034145702B supercedes to the 034145703D. So it doesn't matter anyway. They are both the same.

Ben
                                the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                                1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Working...
                                X