X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timucin
    did you know that from the beginning?

WAUZZZ8CZSZ000803

No, I wasn't quite sure of it because I thought the RS2 would be different, but then I remembered about a friend having the same problem...

So I think now you don't have any boost anymore after 4800 RPM, right? no N75 signal means no boost... or do you have good boost and no power?

This could then mean that the engine is pinging beyong anything and that the ECU is retarding the advance, though I doubt it's that... it would have to happen at various engine speeds, not 4800 RPM sharp.
    '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
    info@MRCTuning.com
    Workshop Directions

Comment

this car was making 14-15 psi continous and 20 peak
      now it makes 20-22 continous and 25-26 peak.
      noone touched it happened by itself?!?!? and started doing this stuff
      i couldnt go next to my car today so i dont know exactly if there is boost over 4800 but thats what he told me on the phone. will be sure tomorrow cause its 01.00 here now i cant call him to get exact details
      Quattro

Comment

at the begiinin there was no boost over 4800, he blocked dv valve and told me that we have boost now but no power
        Quattro

Comment

at the begiinin there was no boost over 4800, he blocked dv valve and told me that we have boost now but no power
          You have to check yourself if you have boost or not, but one thing is sure, you'll very quickly ruin your turbo by running those boost levels with no diverter valve installed (blocked off hoses).

HTH,

Mihnea
          '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
          info@MRCTuning.com
          Workshop Directions

Comment

ok will check everything tomorrow and post the results but still i dont understand one part

how come car decided to b0ost more by itself?
            from 14 to 22
            from 20 peak to 26 peak?

i dont understand this part

is there any explanation to this?
            thnx
            Quattro

Comment

ok will check everything tomorrow and post the results but still i dont understand one part

how come car decided to b0ost more by itself?
              from 14 to 22
              from 20 peak to 26 peak?

i dont understand this part

is there any explanation to this?
              thnx
              The bypass/diverter valve was certainly leaking under boost. The problem is that when this is happening, you're overspinning the turbo and can break it in very short time (I've BTDT in my early 20vt motoring days, when I didn't even think I'd become a tuner a few years afterwards).

Cheers,

Mihnea

www.MRCTuning.com
              info@MRCTuning.com
              Workshop Directions

Comment

Quattro

Comment

where is this cam position sensor and what is the part number? do you think i can fix the fault just by chancing that sensor?
                  cause i ve cleaned a sensor in the plastic cover in front of the engine before
                  by an advice..
                  Quattro

Comment

last position: mechanics decided that ecu is wrong and they started or will start rebuilding ecu?!?!?they told me a crystal part is burned.i have no idea about these stuff, i am just watching actually i stopped going next to the car and waiting a call from them if they can fix...

by the way i got help from germany and my friend says a part under this pointed stuff can be broken. now i am trying to find out the name and the part number of this part
                    Attached Files
                    Quattro

Comment

Timucin, definitely try to avoid a mechanic poking around your ECU, he could screw it up and have you buy a new one just because he can't find another way, so please forget this. This is a sensor/hardware issue, your ECU has nothing to do with this!!!!!!

Otherwise, yeah, I can sell you an RS2 ECU if you want it....

Cheers,

Mihnea

www.MRCTuning.com
                      info@MRCTuning.com
                      Workshop Directions

Comment

ok i did;
                        noone touched the ecu
                        removed the hks blow off
                        everything turned back to normal,as they were
                        but also the fault,it turned back

so everthing is same with 30 days ago
                        car goes protection at 5000 tacho/4800 machine rpm and i ve tried eveything i can but couldnt solve.

-audi services
                        -famous mechanics
                        -tuning companies
                        -internet help

wasnt able to solve my problem here in turkey.....

decided to cover the with a tent for some time....
                        Quattro

Comment

i took the car back from the mechanics; its worse....

i also removed the boost gauge ( i dont know why...)

there is no power now ,cant see the boost but its like turbo is not working ,no rpm cutt of ,completely gone
                          Last edited by timucin; 12 February 2004, 13:59.
                          Quattro

Comment

Check fuse 24, though if that had gone you would also have an idle speed of around 1100rpm.

PJ
                            'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Last edited by timucin; 16 February 2004, 01:24.
                              Quattro

Comment

Working...
                              X