Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Broke down! :/ after full revs Any help /advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris5044
    replied
    :/ cry cry, sad. atm. wow a tooth out !? oh :/ ... would diagnostics tell me? I got to bed at 4am yday

Leave a comment:

• Ian_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
    Hey guys! hows you guys?
    all belts still on so no sign of any damage, no sign of engine failure
    Sorry to hear you didn't make it home from the MK Meet under your own steam Chris.

May have jumped a tooth (or two) or tensioner gone? And the timing being out would probably cut the engine / mean it won't restart?

No oil pissing out the bottom gives hope the engine is okay.

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    What sort of bang was it? And have you checked the side of the block for a hole... or a boost hose come off (being less dramatic)?

Even if it did trigger an over rev fault, I don't see why it wouldn't start afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• Chris5044
    replied
    Hey thx, its an ABY engine.. do i ask the mechanic to come out? I have no diagnostics equipment. could it have been the rats under the bonnet that I found after being stored for a while? have they nibbled through something. As the front left light went, would it be some sort of electrical surge?

Leave a comment:

• Mikes2
    replied
    There is a fault code for an engine over-rev. you'll need to check if that's been triggered

Leave a comment:

• Bowie69
    replied
    Which engine? Modified?

Leave a comment:

• Car Broke down! :/ after full revs Any help /advice?

Hey guys! hows you guys?
    Literally was opening up the car yesterday on the throttle and pushed her a little hard for a few miles, then at near maximum revs, (7000 ish) there was a boom and then instant loss of engine power and all the dials started going down - the engine oil light came on (red). I pulled over to a stop.

It felt like I had just ran out of fuel or something had gone , or no spark.

On side of road now and the engine turns over - so im getting power to it. I checked outside and my front left light had just died, (they are the upgraded round electric bulb ones, Im not sure what they are called? HID? I'm not sure, but mine is an ABY).

So light was out but sidelights everything else good.

Car had dropped no fluids, all belts still on so no sign of any damage, no sign of engine failure. So I'm now thinking I know these cars have safety features installed to cut the engine if there is a problem to protect it.
    Could I have had a relay or fuse blown? which could have caused the car to die like this?

Or does anyone here know what it is?

:/ Ive now been recovered to my address in welwyn garden city :/

Huge thx in advance :/
    Attached Files
Working...
X