urgant help needed with ABY not starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgant help needed with ABY not starter

so iv been chasing a non starting problem around.

so the car runs fine with no problems at all but will not start on the key you have to bump it.

so i chequed the cam position sender the led light test says it was working but changed it for a new one still no joy and the new one defiantly works tried it on the avant and runs fine. tried all the wiring and it all works fine and reads like it should. not getting any fault code at all on it.

if i put the volt meter on the injectors i get 12v on both sides of the plug. if i unplug them all it goes down to 12v on just one side. if i plugged them back in one by one then on the last one i get 12vs back on both sides of the plug but it doesn't matter witch one i leave till last. but if i leave one of and try to start the car it still goes to 12v on both side of the plug.

in my experience it has a sticking relay all over it but it but if it is i cant find it.

so things iv tryed
    cam sender wiring.
    engine timing.
    cam sender.
    fault codes.
    fuel pump relay

If it runs perfectly well bumping it, it points me towards starter motor circuit... You don't say if it is turning over on the key, just it doesn't start and need to bump it.

The last fail to start but runs perfectly after being bumped was failure of the earth braid going to starter.

Comment

yes its turns over with the starter just will not fire

Comment

Have you checked the hall sender and plug? I read somewhere here that the ECU takes the timing signal from there to start but once running uses the fly wheel pin sensor. I could be wrong but that might explain your symptoms.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Battery? Is the starter actually spinning fast enough? It has to do 12 or 19 rpm to fire, can't remember exactly
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

You have a good charged battery?
            The ECU only activates the fuel pump via the J17 Fuel Pump Relay when it thinks the engine is spinning faster than ~13rpm based on a signal from the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. - This is primarily a safety feature that will shut off the fuel pump in a serious accident. Unfortunately, this safety feature also means that a weak battery that is unable to spin the engine during starting to more than 13 RPM will result in a non-start.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...rting-2835830/

Comment

It’s a gud batttey even put the new one of the avant why I charged the other one up.

Comment

I'd check the earth strap and stater motor cables for a bad connection. I'm thinking you may be getting a voltage drop across a contact somewhere, and this is leaving insufficient voltage for you coil to give a strong enough spark to ignite. What does you dash voltmeter read when you're turning the key? Anything less than 10V would cause a weak spark and might even be affecting the ECU.
                If it starts by bumping, I can't rationally believe it's any of the system components at fault. 10/10 for trying to bump it when it wouldn't start though - I don't think I'd ever have thought of trying that!

Comment

Ok so the volts don’t drop to much at all iv even had another car that’s running on it to bulk it up. This starter strap could be a option. The only thing I can’t work out is. Why I’m getting the volts. Both sides of the plug on the injectors it’s coming back down the ecu earth that makes the injectors open. The only other thing I haven’t put down is we changed the alternator and it’s since then it’s not started. We have even tryed to put the old one back on to see if that makes a difference with no luck.

Comment

I’m getting fuel up there but I’m not getting a spark or any fuel at all. The strange thing is it ran very briefly. Started and ran then we switched it off because we thought we had done it. But then it wouldn’t start again. Tried all sorts.

Comment

I wonder if it's the ignition switch. When your on position 3, maybe it's cutting the position 2 circuit, hence no spark or ecu feed.

Comment

That’s a idea.

Comment

... you could rule the switch out by shorting out the stater feed to the solenoid

Comment

Iv got another switch about somewhere I’ll use that

Comment

Ok so tried the ignition switch and nothing tryed the starter and nothing. I have earths in all the right places. What I can’t understand is why the injectors are stuck open.

i removed the fuse for the power for the injectors and put a fused live to one of the plugs and it’s still A live injector.

Comment

Working...
                              X