Starter issues .. audi s2 avant .. ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter issues .. audi s2 avant .. ABY

When i hot wire the starter , the car starts. But on the key ignition it will not. How can i check it to find the issue on the easiest way ?

The cable is T1. And to check that its ok you should e relay ,, but what relay is it ? Cant find info on the starter relay.

Best Regards

Maybe the ignition switch has failed on the back of the barrel I had this

Comment

Hmm how do i find what wire it is in the back of the barrel ? So i can measure on the barrel if its working correct .. when turn the key to tve end then it should send a signal .. correct ? But it ia easier to check the relay first ..

Comment

Look at the circuit diagram, it will tell you the wire colour.
        Circuit diagrams are on S2 Central.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Just a thought, you haven’t got an old alarm / immobiliser system on the car have you? If so I would remove this first and repair the wiring loom where it’s been cut.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

I disconnected the switch from the back of the ignition then used a screwdriver to put into the slot and start the car I'm still using this method now as I can't change the barrel over yet

Comment

I have tried to look at the circuit diagram but no luck ... no immobilizer .. ok .. but if works with a srewdriver then it means the keyholder is broken ?

Comment

Yes there is a small piece of metal at the back of the barrel that slots into the starter switch mine had broken off

Comment

Don't they have a diode inside the ignition barrel? I think I read it age's ago on here

Comment

i removed the connector on the end of the barrel ,, but how do i remove the barrel it self ????

Comment

You have to accurately measure to a certain spot and drill a small hole. This allows you to release a small pin which retains the barrel. I had to do it on my car years ago. It's not difficult.

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/...gnition-switch
                      91 Modded 3B
                      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

hmm .. i got it now .. just needed to loose 2 screws ,, i dont need the key barrel ,, i need the plastic part that is between th connector and the key barrel. 20220611_081723.jpg 20220611_081723.jpg 20220611_082450.jpg 20220611_084707.jpg
                        There are 2 small flat screws that you remove after the dashboard has benn removed, dont take them out all the way. ,, you have to scratch of the paint. I screw on each side. What does the numbers mean ,, what is for what ? It does rotate with a screw driver but will not start. Is there a relay for the starter ?

Comment

£15 on fleabay

Comment

I belive this is the part number. 4A0905849B just ordered one.

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322545943...3ABFBMtJ3tmKpg

Comment

Working...
                              X