No announcement yet.

Starter issues .. audi s2 avant .. ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrics aren't really my thing, but have you made sure your engine is earthed to the chassis correctly? A bad earth could explain some of this weirdness.

No relay on the starter, you should see between 12.5 and 13 volts while trying to crank it.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I think you said before that you were able to start it using a screwdriver in the ignition switch. If this is the case, you problem still lies with the ignition barrel.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Yes, not sure why all the discussion about alternators and stuff -the switch works, last I read, your problem is the missing piece of die cast metal that has broken off the back of the barrel, and that turns the switch.

Battery light on is normal with no engine running, read your user manual

Comment

No .. i could not start it before ,,, i put a wire direct to starter and a button. But the problem is solved .. i amlost dont want to say it.... but the T1 and G8 cables were switched ,, thats why the oil temp was giving max temp on just ignition. Still the ignition barrel was broken so i had to replace it any way ... so now to go on to look why the oil lamp is flashing and why the battery lamp is on always.

The big oil sensor on left side of the engine with connections. I measured it .. OHM.. i have 10,2 .. could somebody measure it would be helpful. ?

On my leftside the position light does not work and every time i change the 5 amp fuse .. it burns of a soon i put i in. If i disconnect the connector to the lamp .. the fuse still goes off directly. So i have shortcircuit some where ,, but can i check it from the connector on the left light ? its a 3 pin. How is the best way to check a short circuit ?

20220618_170040.jpg 20220618_165954.jpg

Comment

I do have a Sealy short finder. It's like a probe and follows a wire. Good to use with easy access but in your circumstances I don't think it will be much good. Just carefully trace the wire back looking for damage. It's more likely someone has incorrectly connected something where it shouldn't be in your circumstances. The other issues are probably the same.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

i have a wire finder so i can track the wire but difficult ,, when i measured 2 of the pins .. i heard the sound of the motor on the other headlight. So 2 pins must be motor up and down and third pin must be 12 v .. correct ? But it can be something before the power goes threw the fuse .. under the dashboard in the wires .... hmm i found 2 videos how the check the 2 oil senders on the left side of engine. So that will be tomorrow. And then im left with battery lamp. Have to look if i can find something in service manual or something.

Comment

S2 Central has all the wiring schematics
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

yes , but they dont explain why the battery lamp is activated , just how the wires go.

Comment

Well .. still problems .. it started again to bug with the oil lamp,, hmmm .. its must be the alternator ,, it does not do what it should with the dash lamp , it gives power constantly on little blue cable on the alternator. What aslernators are good for audi s2 that fits original brackets ? ,, any OEM numbers .. i dont have to have original ,, just want it to work. Or i have some issues with somekind of grounding issue on some cable for something. It did work yesterday when i started it ,, no oil lamp ,, today issue with oil lamp. Now im starting get a bit angry ... hmmm

Comment

Ok ,, the little sensor is with one connector is the one the ligts the big flashing oil light on the display. Have to found a oem original

Comment

Working...
                      X