No announcement yet.

Alternator - what choice to make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now i have followed the Blue/blackcable ,, F22.

The problem is. When i set the multimeter at the connector that that goes on the oil sensor , the big one , and on the other end where the white arrow is on picture 2 i get connection,buzzer.

Now look at the video when i try to use my cable finder to check the wire from that connector and back. It does not react. And then i connected the wire finder to another pin ,, that is how it should work/sound. So why does it not sound ? Its not a bad connection inside the connector ,, then it would not ping with the multimeter.

Video .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbxi...b_channel=LjTo

The cable finder has 2 cables , one to ground and one to the pin.

Hmm ,, just did another test ,, i kept the ground at sam spot and the other cable on the cable finder ,, i put on the connector in the engine bay that goes to oil sender ,, and whne i try to search under tha dashboard it finds it..

Soo... there must be some issue in the connector some way.

The multimeter pings it ,, but not finder, Is it possible that the multimeter pings but there is where little connection inside the connector ???

Can i measure somehow if the connector with the multimeter before i dissassemble it ???

Best Regards

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Why all of a sudden ,, the complete dashboard goes dead ,,, no speedeometer ,, no rpm no check light ,,, but when i turn warninglights they flash. No fuse blown.

Comment

Your wiring is in a bit of a mess looking at your pics. You will need to check every connection methodically and repair all the bits that aren't correct, have been cut or bodged.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Yeah, as Dave say's your wiring is a bit of a mess, I dare say that's the cause of the problems your experiencing, try and put it back carefully to as close to stock as you can
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Sorry .. impossible.. .. i took awat the dashboard ,, the rpm and speedometer ,, and then removed the complete cluster to see if there was something obvious ,, but when i put it back ,, nope ,, dead ..

Comment

There should be one 12v cable feeding everything on the speedometer/dashboard or is it multiple 12v cables ??

Comment

Originally posted by S2_avant 19930325 View Post
                There should be one 12v cable feeding everything on the speedometer/dashboard or is it multiple 12v cables ??
                Multiple feeds for different systems. Schematic for the cluster is on S2 Central.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by S2_avant 19930325 View Post
                  Sorry .. impossible.. .. i took awat the dashboard ,, the rpm and speedometer ,, and then removed the complete cluster to see if there was something obvious ,, but when i put it back ,, nope ,, dead ..
                  I can see cut wires and one that's been repaired on your above picture post 46. Start by sorting that out.
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

But it worked perfect wirh those wires like that since i bought it. I dont use rhose wires for the car. Looked at wiring for dashboard .. nothing has 12 v directly. So its strange that it just shut of.

Comment

I would check your ignition switch is wired correctly again. If that's good, check your ecu connections.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I have a spear dasbord/card .. thewhiteone from behind it works but with a bad cluster.
                        Then i will check the ignition.

Comment

So ,, now i have put in the spear backside that includes the cluster modul ,, the same issue. So then i know that the dashboard it self is complete. There is no fault on the dashboard itself. So next step is to find out how my key ignition activates the dashboard ,, the route from turning the key to how my key makes the dashboard light up. Isnt there somekind of canbus or something that controls things in the car ? I have maxxecu but thats only ecu. Where is the box located ? Not only the dashboard is down , the 3 gauges infront of the gearbox lever is down to when i turn the to just before starting the car.

Comment

No canbus on our cars. All wiring diagrams can found at http://s2central.com/main_frame.html

There is no shortcuts on solving electrical problems, you just have to check wire by wire that until you find your problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X