• Show
Clear All

I just see this
    http://www.oscaro.es/lista.asp?ID_GE...OSC_LEVELS=824

here, we can buy differents sparks
    photobucket SUCKS
    sigpic

Comment

Here's something quoted word for word from a Bosch resource I have on the subject of tightening plugs..... Firstly it confirms the torque setting for new plugs in an alloy head to be 20-30Nm... And we know that 30Nm is where they need to be, however - what do you do if you havent got a torque wrench to hand. Here's the official word on that --->

-----------------------------------------------

In practice, spark plugs are often fitted without a torque wrench. Consequently, they are usually overtightened. Bosch therefore recommends the following rule=of-thumb procedure:

1. Screw the spark plug by hand into the clean thread as far as it will go. Then apply the spark plug wrench and observe the following procedure (for our plugs with captive gasket and flat seat).

New plugs - Using the wrench, turn the new spark plug until first resistance is felt and then turn the wrench 90 degrees (a quarter circle)

Used plugs - Turn these 30 degrees after resistance is first felt with the plug wrench.

2. When tightening or loosening the spark plug, the wrench should not be held at an angle - the insulator will otherwise be broken off or pushed to the side and the spark plug destroyed.

Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

What about NGK BKR7EIX ?

Comment

i was thinkin of using denso iridium power platinum any thoughts anybody?seems APITA to tighten plugs up every so often,can only just remember my name sometimes
          I must have an S2!!!!

Comment

Did someone got Bosch F6DTC? Some guy told me it's also good for s2.
            I would go for F5DPOR but is so difficult to get them in Romania,only from Bosch and I need to wait 2 weeks to get them from Germany
            I've founded F6DTC much cheaper than F5DPOR and delivery time is 2 days,but need to be sure that my car will run good with them.
            Anybody?
            Thanks,
            Costan.
            sigpic

Comment

COstan - please try them and report back your findings.... They are cheap after all.
              Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                Here's something quoted word for word from a Bosch resource I have on the subject of tightening plugs..... Firstly it confirms the torque setting for new plugs in an alloy head to be 20-30Nm... And we know that 30Nm is where they need to be, however - what do you do if you havent got a torque wrench to hand. Here's the official word on that --->

In practice, spark plugs are often fitted without a torque wrench. Consequently, they are usually overtightened. Bosch therefore recommends the following rule=of-thumb procedure:

1. Screw the spark plug by hand into the clean thread as far as it will go. Then apply the spark plug wrench and observe the following procedure (for our plugs with captive gasket and flat seat).

New plugs - Using the wrench, turn the new spark plug until first resistance is felt and then turn the wrench 90 degrees (a quarter circle)

Used plugs - Turn these 30 degrees after resistance is first felt with the plug wrench.

2. When tightening or loosening the spark plug, the wrench should not be held at an angle - the insulator will otherwise be broken off or pushed to the side and the spark plug destroyed.

Spot on!!!

I never use a torque wrench on plugs- had too many break or damage the head, even after the torque wrench has been calibrated!!!
                and always hand tight, then finish off with a 6" 3/8 breaker bar..

Always found Bosch plugs to work loose over time, poor gasket design as stated earlier- I Always use the NGK equivalent (NGK PFR7B for the 3b/aby/adu)

But each to their own.....

Comment

Personally ive had nothing but trouble running the NGK plugs and mine runs alot better on the Bosch ones
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                    Personally ive had nothing but trouble running the NGK plugs and mine runs alot better on the Bosch ones
                    My car is running with NGK too,for a while I didn't had any problems,but for a month or so my car is not running good..Today arrived f5dpor,monday I will change NGK with Bosch.
                    For the reccord,f5dpor is with one electrod,you know that,but f6dtc,the one if've wrotten earlyer,is with 3 electrods.
                    Because I've founded only 4xf5dpor i've bought 1xf6dtc,next week i will get to other one too.
                    Cheers!
                    sigpic

Comment

Can anyone tell me what is the gap between electrodes on F5DPOR?
                      0.6 or 0.8 mm?
                      Thanks,
                      Costan.
                      sigpic

Comment

BK7re is what im running.

found the standard plug a little to hot in modded engine.

also the bk7re are about 12 quid a set delivered from sparkplugs.co.uk

Comment

Just fitted my spark plugs and sure enough 2 were loose. Will be checking them more regular now!
                          3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Ahhh - S2 ownership 101 - how is she driving now - still got whistly noises ?
                            Paul Nugent

Comment

Got the injectors off at the moment was going to get them sent off today. might put them back on to see if that has cured my problem. Could that be a cause of the whistle?
                              3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

YES - sorry for not thinking of it sooner mate... I've never had a plug so loose that it whistles, but I would get the injectors tickled properly anyway - however - would be interesting to see what difference is there with plugs torques up again... All good stuff in the search for root cause !
                                Paul Nugent

Comment

Working...
                                X