Clear All

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
    Give us logs, we will do it for you!

sent using Android
    your asking me for what now??...

Comment

hahaha

Comment

Here are a couple of other results from old logs...

Friend's RS2, 3071R stock motor, 95oct. fuel, peaking at 1.7bar and holding 1.55bar at the redline. Very safe tuning.

My car with the holset HX40Super, experimental tune, so possibly could have more timing, but 1.4bar 3d gear, vs current setup

you can tell now why i didnt like the holset.. haha!

Billman will respond any minute now

Comment

Originally posted by EspenW View Post
          Not sure about the dip on the RS4, could be timing pull on that run, or it could be cams kicking in at higher rpm. It was not as pronounced on the 3rd gear pulls. Timing logs revealed nothing wrong, and in-gear timed runs were pretty much spot on with tests of the same car in the magazine "Sport Auto", so it seemed very healthy.
          Numbers are from logs.
          I would say that RS4 is overrated then.

I need to do some pulls in mine ... mine is "only" rated at 440 PS
          Chip is from SKN...

I need to remap it myself, it is running baby boost atm.
          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

It would be interesting to see your log compared to an equivalent power I5 (like mine :mischeif - get those logs Dmitri.. great looking RS4 btw. I've committed to the RS2 now but maybe one day... I'll have one of each!

@Vas - you have PM, I think a log comparison is in order. I'd like to see my car vs a GT3071 set-up. I want to get some logging set up on mine too, I'll get mine on the rollers at MRC with Andy when he has his ready but that is probably not going to be for another month at best.
            AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
              Here are a couple of other results from old logs...

Friend's RS2, 3071R stock motor, 95oct. fuel, peaking at 1.7bar and holding 1.55bar at the redline. Very safe tuning.

My car with the holset HX40Super, experimental tune, so possibly could have more timing, but 1.4bar 3d gear, vs current setup

you can tell now why i didnt like the holset.. haha!

Billman will respond any minute now
              No I will not. I responded when you mailed it. I will only point out to another Holset on ADU motor that shows that apparently something was wrong with your map:

Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

331 is not far off from 286 and some variables may come into play. However my point was how can a few degrees of timing may make such a difference when we are talking about a comparison between a smaller and a much larger turbo! And of course how.much head porting can affect these engines.

sent using Android

Comment

I'll also find a comparison between the non ported head vs the holset setup where it was exactly the same engine but different turbo and a bit safer on the timing on the holset

sent using Android

Comment

5-6 deg timing in the correct place will be 150-200 rpm spool.
                    If you are running too little the car will be laggy, slow and generally feel like ****
                    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                      It would be interesting to see your log compared to an equivalent power I5 (like mine :mischeif - get those logs Dmitri.. great looking RS4 btw. I've committed to the RS2 now but maybe one day... I'll have one of each!

@Vas - you have PM, I think a log comparison is in order. I'd like to see my car vs a GT3071 set-up. I want to get some logging set up on mine too, I'll get mine on the rollers at MRC with Andy when he has his ready but that is probably not going to be for another month at best.
                      Got the pm. Going at mrc for a run is ok but not comparable. I would say the best comparisons we can make is either everyone going on the same dyno or everyone doing a performance box run. That way we can draw some conclusions. I don't think ill be going on mrc for a dyno run anytime soon though as a firmly believe dynos are for tuning not absolute numbers

sent using Android

Comment

Lets not turn this into a holset debate, they exist people use them is my line now days.

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                          If you are running too little the car will be laggy, slow and generally feel like ****
                          It wasn't 5-6 deg it was less than that and I'm talking about power numbers not spool

sent using Android

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                            Care to expand on this, what is the right place for the increased timing?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                              Lets not turn this into a holset debate, they exist people use them is my line now days.
                              Forums are for debates Jamo. There is no problem backing up claims with results

sent using Android

Comment

Here is another interesting one: RS2 with Hohenester Stage 5 setup. Ported head, cams, forged internals, special Hohenester spec K26/27 turbo, full 3" exhaust, etc. 1.6bar peak boost on 98 octane. It is rated by Hohenester at 400ps and 560nm at the crank.
                                Note: this is a 3rd gear pull. 4th gear pull gives better load on the engine, and I always see better torque figures on I5s with larger than RS2 turbo when testing in 4th vs 3rd. Peak power is usually very similar, probably due to slightly higher rolling resistance at the max hp speed in 4th vs. 3rd. On smaller turboed cars and K04 2.7TTs, etc, there is very little difference between 3rd and 4th, since these spool very quickly even in lower gears.

Last edited by EspenW; 4 November 2011, 10:59.
                                1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
                                1994 80E Avant
                                1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Working...
                                X