X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit 20 / Viper tuning ?

Comment

• correct/correct(partially!)haha. Tuning will be done by both of us (Rich and myself)

Comment

• Goodie. Do some tests on the road before and after the dyno session. That should give nice comparison data to the before/after pulls on the dyno.
        1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
        1994 80E Avant
        1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

• well before ones are the 1.4bar i have now. ill do a 4th on that

Comment

• Yes and after the dyno session do another run again at 1.4 bar.....so we can see how the better ignition will show on the VDR.
            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Not B4 content, but nicely illustrates the difference between before and after BSR PPC flashloader remap on a B6 A4 1.8TQ:

1994 80E Avant

Comment

• 2bar to 1.68

1.87bar to 1.68

1.95bar to 1.65

also had some issue with vems which kept my revs log at some point with no raise as the time went on... dont know why, but i had to increase the smoothing factor on the virtual dyno to get a decent curve.

Comment

• taken from a thread of audisrs, FATS time is 3d gear from 4200 to 6500?

if so then on the above runs i have 3.2ish, 3.4ish and 2.8ish IF vems was logging properly.

shall i take a mean of that and say around 3.1sec? haha

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                    taken from a thread of audisrs, FATS time is 3d gear from 4200 to 6500?

if so then on the above runs i have 3.2ish, 3.4ish and 2.8ish IF vems was logging properly.

shall i take a mean of that and say around 3.1sec? haha

Yep, FATS is 4200 to 6500 in 3rd.
                    3.1 sounds pretty reasonable, what was the test weight?
                    You can check the VEMS log against the Performance box log, just turn mph into rpm.
                    1994 80E Avant

Comment

• test weight was 1750ish, as i had about minus 20l of fuel on the car.

also i have realised that there may have been an issue with vems logging the correct rpm vs time in which case the correct FATs may be closer to 2.8 or 2.9 which is from another 2 runs.

I need to clean the sensors there, and wait for a report back from the developers.

I havent managed to go for a PB run yet, which might be another way to check the rpm better.

Comment

• i had the chance today to go on a flatter road and one that i have done tests before with the 0.82AR.

seems as though there was still a bit of uphill/downhill so i did runs both ways. weight was also reduced as i have done some kms, so not a completely full tank. I estimated around 15l off.

Im really happy with the results as you can see !!

4th gear 2bar overboost and 1.76 till 6800rpm.

3dgear similar but here its uphill as base run and downhill as comparison

i have also noticed that my snowperfomance controller although set to start injecting from 0.4bar, it actualy starts at 1.6bar, and i need to sort that out..

The 750cc injectors at 3bar are working up to 75ish%

Comment

• Avantus 3d gear pulls

Comment

• Sweet. Keep the graphs coming. Would be interesting to see graphs from the same run generated with both VEMS and Pbox.
                            I went out for some hopefully glory 6.something 100-200kmh runs at 2.4bar peak the other night when temps finally dropped below freezing, but there was too much hesitation around peak boost. Looks like I need to regap the F3CS plugs as the ethanol gets really hard to ignite at big boost when temps drop well below 0C. It will be fine at -2C and will hesitate at -4C. These days (nights) temps are either +6 or -4C.
                            1994 80E Avant

Comment

• did a small run yesterdayjust to move the car a bit (after it was 1 month standing) and logged it so I was tempted to see if any difference (I still haven't finalized the tune):

red/blue lines Stroker with 7A cams, Super40 turbo, with a small spike at 1.4 bar and then 1.3 (slightly downhill)
                              Green/yellow same car but with 1.55 spike and 1.4 afterwards slighltly uphill

Both with 98 RON fuel.
                              Attached Files
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• Did another run today with a bit more boost from 1.8 and rising to 2 bar after 6000 RPM. A made it just to see how rich it gets up there (with 0.76-0.77 lambda from 4500 till 6500) it is WAY TOO RICH and maxing out the Siemens 630 on the ADU FPR.

RON 98
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Billman; 1 March 2012, 08:49.
                                Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Working...
                                X