Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the correct Audi part number for B7 RS4 (V8) coil - 07K 905 715 ?

What is Beru number ?
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
      Nice looking kit - although the loom looks rather chunky in the photos... Wonder if those coilpacks would fit under ABY cover with a slimmer loom arrangement.

What is the relay for in that kit - the english instructions arent very clear to me.
      can i send you a pdf with the instructions in german and english languages? pictures included
      RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
      BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
      LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Is this the correct Audi part number for B7 RS4 (V8) coil - 07K 905 715 ?

What is Beru number ?
        i dont know, and my mines (coils) i think that the name it is not BERU... it sounds a german name,never heard it before. tomorrow will take a look and write the ref. codes.

whem i asked him about what kind of coils i have,he was answering "RS4 420 hp" textual word from him.......BUT seeing the Pin Swap...i dont know if is he correct or not.because hi had mistakes as you have showed us

Comment

Rocco my friend.. what happened with yours single coil ECU?
          they are not good any more?

this multi coil ECU are not for your car. this is rubbish .. belive me... and B7 coils.. OMG.. rubbish 100% LOL

now I read all posts and thing that I do something wrong, I starts to shaking .. so I went to check it .. and everything is fine.

how could you go and do it on some other "pin swap list" ?
          here on forum is perfect one list . which did S2Central ... for now I did 4 pin swap from 3b to aan , and in all cases 100% perfect..

how much did you pay for coils? I can made it for you for maximum 300euro. and BERU coils (2years warenty). you can also tell me,that you will use them on 3B/7A or AAN/ABY valve cover... they will be plug n play..

did engine now run good?

Comment

@rs200 - what is so bad about those RS4 coils ?

Let's talk beru numbers so we can look at specifications etc

I want a robust connectorised coil that can live under the cover without the heat related issues of cheaper / older 1.8t coils.
            Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by rs200 View Post
              Rocco my friend.. what happened with yours single coil ECU?
              they are not good any more?

this multi coil ECU are not for your car. this is rubbish .. belive me... and B7 coils.. OMG.. rubbish 100% LOL

now I read all posts and thing that I do something wrong, I starts to shaking .. so I went to check it .. and everything is fine.

how could you go and do it on some other "pin swap list" ?
              here on forum is perfect one list . which did S2Central ... for now I did 4 pin swap from 3b to aan , and in all cases 100% perfect..

how much did you pay for coils? I can made it for you for maximum 300euro. and BERU coils (2years warenty). you can also tell me,that you will use them on 3B/7A or AAN/ABY valve cover... they will be plug n play..

did engine now run good?
              my 3B motronic and Single COIL was and it is PERFECT

i NEVER had a problem with nothing,because all ignition parts are NEW

i took everything for 700€, AAN ECU and shiping included

so thats not so bad i think.

i am with Paul, i would like to know why the RS4 B7 Coils could be bad?
              my mines are not Beru AFAIK.will check them tomorrow,writing the part numbers

i was following that list,because "why not?" looks very similar to the forum list and it was so easy take steps back re-plugging the pins

i want the multicoils because most of the tuners only uses them,and they should be more reliable...of course in theory. i would like to see my 3B engine runing like before

Comment

Direct ignition wins hands down. The chances of spark hop inside dissy are just too big a gamble on high power setups. Even uprated conrods will not always save you.

An hour or two juggling ecu pins and a few hundred euros for coils and ecu is cheaper than an engine rebuild.
                Paul Nugent

Comment

don't you see laugh ? LOL ? I was kidding .. before few month Rocco kidding me ,because I use "multi coil setup" .. so now was a perfect time to give a joke back to Rocco .
                  some forum members don't like 1.8t style coils . if you asked me - I prefer them, and think that they are perfect.
                  little problem can be AAN valve cover,because they are closed and don't have aces of fresh air. you know that.
                  for now I think that 7A or 3B valve cover are only "safety" solution.

this NON BERU coils are rubbish, and you will have problem with them very soon. this coils are very cheep . in USA you can get it for 20$ each.. no thanks.
                  also before few month "AUDI" find out that some car made in 2009. and 2010. have also rubbish coils, and they call car owners to came in first AUDI service to change all coils for free , my good friend went in service,they change coils with BERU one.

so I will always take BERU. didn't try but I will put it under AAN cover to find out , how long will BERU live. 2 years of warenty will help me if they survive 2 years I will be very happy. and both it again..

for now I still have OEM coils, they are still good, so I don't see reason to change them with 1.8 style.

Comment

S2central.. that is true.. much chepper to buy AAN ECU ,and coils than new engine,or rebuilt old one.

that was my case before 2 years, now I'm little bit smarter ,and when I saw here on forum that someone go in project "xxx hp" using 3B ECU ...

I saw in my mind - burned pistons or bent rods.. than try to explain people that is not good. I try that on my skin and my wallet was not happy
                    I always try help to audi owners .

than came Rocco with his fameus single coil perfect car and said ; hey .. what are you talking about.. 3b is perfect..

now I'm very happy that Roccos s2 have much better ignition than before. when I get to aan ECU it was a different like heaven & hell..

Comment

You could use coils from the newer Audi S4 with V8 engine, part number should be. 077 905 115Q

The coils need a bit of modification, but not to much of a hassle, should be fairly easy to see what needs to be remove to fit them. I have attached a picture. A friend of mine is using them on his rally cross s2.

I believe the coils are around 20euro per coil. You could be looking at around 300 euro for coils and ABY/AAn ECU. And then a bit of pin swapping in the ECU plug using S2central's Excel ark and ofcourse you also need to make some sort of loom for the coils.
                      Attached Files
                      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

One thing that would be really nice is if someone could find a male plug that would fit the female plug that goes on the 3B single coil.
                        Then you could you get 12V and ground in that plug for your conversion and it has a fuse in the main fuse box. I never managed to find that plug so i just cut and soldered the wires but would have been nice with a plug.
                        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

So again - what is Beru number for RS4 B7 coil ?

I searched last night unsuccessfully.

As to Jonas idea - its a good one - if you can post that connector tail or a pic to help me in a search would be great

Another q - do the RS4 coils bypass the POS units as they are built in per coil ?
                          Paul Nugent

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
                            One thing that would be really nice is if someone could find a male plug that would fit the female plug that goes on the 3B single coil.
                            Then you could you get 12V and ground in that plug for your conversion and it has a fuse in the main fuse box. I never managed to find that plug so i just cut and soldered the wires but would have been nice with a plug.
                            so the I done the same procedure with +12v and GND.
                            pin 1 (signal for single coil) green/white wire stay free , and you can pull it out from loom. than look like OEM.

Comment

So again - what is Beru number for RS4 B7 coil ?

I searched last night unsuccessfully.

As to Jonas idea - its a good one - if you can post that connector tail or a pic to help me in a search would be great

Another q - do the RS4 coils bypass the POS units as they are built in per coil ?
                              beru number is 0040 102 032

Comment

here is picture of coils which I done on 3b engine..

and yes that coils baypass POS units.

Comment

Working...
                                X